If only Clinton had been a Republican

Brent cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:01 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Only one correction with your statement. I think it should read "When faced with repeated natural disasters" They did very well with Florida repeated hurricane attacks, and the other states as well.

Please. Florida is used to Hurricanes. They have them every year and they are not 20 feet below sea level either.

Quote:
Just those pesky welfare, corrupt states with emept mayors and govnors that couldn't help themselves that had problems. But IMO that had nothing to do with DHS.

Oh please. I agree the local and state government are to blame but you can not sit there and give a free ride to FEMA. Stop playing party lines. It's sickening to see someone that just can not critize one party no matter what. In every arguement you always displace blame. It was always Clintons fault. It was not FEMAS fault, it was the local government. All you are doing is focusing the blame on the democrats. No matter what. You do not want to talk about the republicans screwing up. You want to turn around and dodge the blame people are putting on republicans by pointing out the democrats screwed up somewhere along the lines too.

Anyone that thinks Bush deserves an A for his 6 years so far is so biased and to the right it is insane. Open your eyes and see what a complete fool he is of a President.

Keep voting people like him in. Keep running up the National Debt. Keep bombing other countries. Keep invading other countries and seeing those countries turn around and be on the brink of a civil war.

Quote:

Sure are. Hopefully Bush will spend some more insane amounts on a brand spanken new 2000 mile fence.

No fence needed. All he needs to do is put the military in charge of the border. Yet he refuses to. So 2 million illegals keep getting into America.

Of course this is probably the democrats fault to right? Cause Bush can do no wrong. He is an A+ President with a 30% approval rating.

Makes complete sense. :beat:
Brent cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Another question. Why are the threat levels made public to us? What does it do to make those public to ordinary citizens?

Once it reaches a certain high level should we not go outside? Hide in our basement with canned goods?

Why dont they just make it available to law enforcement? Instead they have major news agencies broadcasting it all over the place.

Makes for a nice scare tactic does it not?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:08 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
The response to Katrina had nothing to do with DHS? FEMA is under the direction of HS.lol.

You seemed to say the DHS was a great program that Bush could take credit for. It may be a contributer to his fall in job approval.

Although we are more aware of threats from terrorist, I don't feel any safer because of DHS. We are still faced with the same threats we were facing before it was created. Our ports are still a weakness as well as our borders.:wtf:
Quote:
The response to Katrina had nothing to do with DHS? FEMA is under the direction of HS.lol.

I thought we were talking DHS not Fema. Yes they are under DHS but there responce time had nothing to do with DHS. That was Femas problem. Just like saving your citizens and patrons in your state fall under first your Mayor then your Govenor. The Fed cannot legally do anything untill the Gov declares an emergency or disastor. Remember Lousiianas Gov having issues with declaring one? Who do you think call the Guard out. Not the president.
Quote:

You seemed to say the DHS was a great program that Bush could take credit for. It may be a contributer to his fall in job approval.

We have not been attacked again, who is to blaim for that? We know the terrorist are trying yet no explossions other then a failed kid at a school game and a guy running over other students attempts. But the MSM don't think they are news worthy. So who gets the credit in your eyes, Kerry, Terrible Teddy, Shillary? I think i as well as bush have said, who listens to polls or approval ratings? Liberals mostly.
Quote:
Although we are more aware of threats from terrorist, I don't feel any safer because of DHS.

So how do you atribute there lack of attacks. Luck?
Quote:
We are still faced with the same threats we were facing before it was created.

Yes, but they have not succeeded again. Awareness does not account for all of this. On that note what is your opinion on the NSA? They are the ulimate in awareness.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:13 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Another question. Why are the threat levels made public to us? What does it do to make those public to ordinary citizens?

Once it reaches a certain high level should we not go outside? Hide in our basement with canned goods?

Why dont they just make it available to law enforcement? Instead they have major news agencies broadcasting it all over the place.

Quote:

The publics right to know. Same as the Emergency broadcast system IMO.
Quote:

If you were forchunate enough to hear the warning before the big boom.
Quote:

Yup, untill the day your really need it. Then your scaredness is justified.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:37 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Please. Florida is used to Hurricanes. They have them every year and they are not 20 feet below sea level either.

Oh please. I agree the local and state government are to blame but you can not sit there and give a free ride to FEMA. Stop playing party lines. It's sickening to see someone that just can not critize one party no matter what. In every arguement you always displace blame. It was always Clintons fault. It was not FEMAS fault, it was the local government. All you are doing is focusing the blame on the democrats. No matter what. You do not want to talk about the republicans screwing up. You want to turn around and dodge the blame people are putting on republicans by pointing out the democrats screwed up somewhere along the lines too.

Anyone that thinks Bush deserves an A for his 6 years so far is so biased and to the right it is insane. Open your eyes and see what a complete fool he is of a President.

Keep voting people like him in. Keep running up the National Debt. Keep bombing other countries. Keep invading other countries and seeing those countries turn around and be on the brink of a civil war.

No fence needed. All he needs to do is put the military in charge of the border. Yet he refuses to. So 2 million illegals keep getting into America.

Of course this is probably the democrats fault to right? Cause Bush can do no wrong. He is an A+ President with a 30% approval rating.

Makes complete sense. :beat:
Quote:
So how many times did Fema responde that season? But all this hoopla going on you would think they were the only ones to get hit. Nope they weren't, there were the ones least prepared for it and that falls on the government of the state, not Fema.
Quote:

My opinion is my own. I didn't give Fema a free ride. They did what they were supposed too. Maybe a little late, but that to is subject to opinion. Why do i have to criticize my party when there are plenty like you who do it so well. It sickens me to see what i call fence riders or jumpers, which ever you prefer. If i displace blame then you must fall under the same blanket. It is not my fault that for every thing you think bush did wrong I can find a like senario to whitch the almighty clinton did just the same thing, Wow. In contrast i can never find a link to which the MSM disagreed with him doing it, hence bias or a double standard. Hipocritical at best. In any case it's not my job to complain and whine about my side, that is up to you.
Quote:

Not an A but your close, LOL. The fool is only your opinion of him. To which i think he cares not.
Quote:

So who party line are you following now? If i believed that crap about cival war they have been on the brink for what, three years now?
Quote:

I suppose the governor could do the same with there Guards but alas what did the Arizona governor do when she was given the chance?
Quote:
Of course this is probably the democrats fault to right?

In the case that i speak of i think she is a democrap.
Quote:
He is an A+ President with a 30% approval rating.

Makes complete sense.

I don't exspect you to get it all but you have time. Care to guess what congress's approval rating is? Makes bush's look like a cake walk.
Brent cv

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 06:02 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
The publics right to know. Same as the Emergency broadcast system IMO.

What good does it do. None. They made the chart to scare people.

Quote:

If you were forchunate enough to hear the warning before the big boom.

Sorry but before the warning hits the highest level the attack will already be done with.

Quote:

Yup, untill the day your really need it. Then your scaredness is justified.

The government has not told us what to do when it reaches the highest level. So what are we suppose to do?

Sorry but by the time it reaches its highest level the threat will have already developed into an attack.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 06:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
So how many times did Fema responde that season? But all this hoopla going on you would think they were the only ones to get hit. Nope they weren't, there were the ones least prepared for it and that falls on the government of the state, not Fema.

That STILL does not negate the fact that THEY HAD MANY FLAWS and were responsible for some of the happenings during that disaster. :beat:

Quote:
My opinion is my own. I didn't give Fema a free ride. They did what they were supposed too. Maybe a little late, but that to is subject to opinion.

Maybe a little late? OMFG give me a break. If that is the only thing that you believe did wrong that is pathetic.

Quote:
Mitre, in early 2005, found FEMA was incapable of getting a clear picture of the disaster as it unfolded because it did not have a system capable of sharing information from the ground-up. It also concluded that FEMA could not track supplies as they were being distributed.

Those are pretty important things to do for a system that is BUILT to help people efficently. If it can not do that it is WORTHLESS.

Quote:
Why do i have to criticize my party when there are plenty like you who do it so well.

Because it makes you sound like a right wing extremist that can not see anything wrong with the party that they associate with and it keeps conversations like these coming up over and over again from people tired of seeing blame displaced into other areas without even mentioning that the allegations against Bush/FEMA/Other Right wing person/ could be true or is true.

Quote:
It sickens me to see what i call fence riders or jumpers, which ever you prefer. If i displace blame then you must fall under the same blanket. It is not my fault that for every thing you think bush did wrong I can find a like senario to whitch the almighty clinton did just the same thing, Wow.

So what if he did the samething wrong. You gave Bush a A for his 6 years. You would NOT give Clinton that. If we are pointing so many things out that Bush is doing sadly wrong and you agree but point out Clinton did them too, how can you give Bush an A and then hate Clinton so much. YOU CAN'T.

Quote:
In contrast i can never find a link to which the MSM disagreed with him doing it, hence bias or a double standard. Hipocritical at best. In any case it's not my job to complain and whine about my side, that is up to you.

I complain about all sides and I point out the bullshit when I see it on all party lines. You do not. You would be tickled to death for Bush and the Republicans to stay in party forever and never let a Democrat see a day of life because you are that far right. You do not care about putting blame where there is blame. You care about taking the blame that people are giving Bush and saying "Hey, Clinton did it too!" No one gives a **** if Clinton did it too. If he did then he is just as bad as Bush and Bush is just as bad as him. That is not what I hear you say when you say Bush is doing a great job and Clinton sucks.

Quote:
Not an A but your close, LOL. The fool is only your opinion of him. To which i think he cares not.

You gave him an A in the poll on the State of the Union speech. If you didnt think it was a A job you had other options to choose from.

He is a complete fool.

Quote:
So who party line are you following now?

No party line at all. Not Republican, Not Democrat.. not libertarian.

Quote:
If i believed that crap about cival war they have been on the brink for what, three years now?

You do not believe anything you do not want to. 3 years now and our soldiers are still dieing at alarming rates everyday. They are no closer to freedom than they were when we invaded. They can not eat at a diner without fear of a suicide bomber blowing it up. As soon as we leave it will fall on its face in mass chaous. All of our soldiers died over Weapons that the Bush Administration can not account for. IF THEY ARE IN SYRIA THEY BEST BE FINDING THEM. They just sent 200,000+ of our finest over there for that reason alone. They were a threat to us. That is all we heard Pre Invasion from Bush. Not "I want to send our troops to die for their freedom" it was "I want to send our troops to die because Iraq is a threat to our security."

Where was the threat Mr. President? Congress? All those that voted in favor. Where was it? Why are people continuing to die in that hell hole everyday now?

Quote:

I suppose the governor could do the same with there Guards but alas what did the Arizona governor do when she was given the chance?

BAM! Another example. I point out a flaw in Bush and you totally ignore it and place the blame on someone else to. If the Arizona governor had a choice to do it and did not then they are just as responsible as Bush. Bush can do it too! But he won't.

Quote:
In the case that i speak of i think she is a democrap.

Dude seriosuly. The name calling is pretty lame. Its Democrat and Clinton. I feel like I am arguing with a 12 year old Sean Hannity. Read above. She is just as responsible. Bush however can fix it himself and cover the whole border. Not just Arizona.

Quote:

I don't exspect you to get it all but you have time. Care to guess what congress's approval rating is? Makes bush's look like a cake walk.

Hopefully the same or lower than Bush's. Which is good. Congress is as full of **** as Bush is.

What am I not getting? I get it all perfect. I do not hold the anybody but Democrats mentality you do so I don't get it. Lame.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 12:23 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Republicans have a president who has a poor approval rating. I suppose they need a diversion of some sort.:yup:

Interesting little tidbit...Bush and his father both had the highest approval ratings of any president since the polls were created. I'm not saying the ratings lasted, but they did what they thought would help the country.

I really liked this article though (sorry for the late post)
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 01:10 pm
@jatuab,
If they started off so strong what happened?Very Happy

Bush was the lesser of the 2 evils. Kerry was a very close second.

Who do we pick? Dumb or Dumber? :dunno: That says a lot about how Bush got re-elected.

If Clinton could have served another term he could have beat Bush.Very Happy
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 02:15 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:

Who do we pick? Dumb or Dumber? :dunno: That says a lot about how Bush got re-elected.

Sadly I agree with you. Had Clinton, Dick Gephardy, hell... even Howard Dean been put in Kerry's position Bush would not be in office right now. It was simply a horrible choice in 2004.

Clinton would have tore Bush apart in 04 just because he can speak so well.
ndjs

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 03:31 pm
@Drnaline,
It's sad that people vote on the eloquence of the candidates.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 04:06 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
It's sad that people vote on the eloquence of the candidates.

Well its what politicians do best. Spit the best game to America and you win.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 04:45 pm
@Drnaline,
Brent wrote:
Well its what politicians do best. Spit the best game to America and you win.

****, Kanye in 08!!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:20 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:

Keep thinking he is a dumbass and you keep getting out smarted, LOL. I don't understand how you could want a self prefessed lieing, cheating, womenizer. And that was proven in a court of law. You be lucky to ever get such a conviction for any thing you believe about bush. IMO
Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:23 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Sadly I agree with you. Had Clinton, Dick Gephardy, hell... even Howard Dean been put in Kerry's position Bush would not be in office right now. It was simply a horrible choice in 2004.

Clinton would have tore Bush apart in 04 just because he can speak so well.

Could of's, would of's and should of's.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Could of's, would of's and should of's.

*Yawn* It's ok if you don't want to accept it and believe Bush was unbeatable :rolleyes:
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:35 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Keep thinking he is a dumbass and you keep getting out smarted, LOL. I don't understand how you could want a self prefessed lieing, cheating, womenizer. And that was proven in a court of law. You be lucky to ever get such a conviction for any thing you believe about bush. IMO

Defending Bush sucks doesn't it?Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:45 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
*Yawn* It's ok if you don't want to accept it and believe Bush was unbeatable :rolleyes:
I don't have to want or accept any of this theory of what might of happened. I know what did happen. We won.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:48 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:

Defending the winning side is lots of fun. And i think i do it very well. I don't like being an "also ran". or second place is the first loser.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:48 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:

I will defend Bush when it warrants it. Only thing is I will critize him when it warrants it too. Not just point out other people suck like him too Smile