• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,744 • Replies: 106
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:23 am
@Drnaline,
that made me laugh a lot, and i definitely needed it.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 06:00 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
So what made Clinton so black? That he spoke with a southern accent, played a musical instrument, came from a dysfunctional family, and was blatantly promiscuous?

LMFAO
0 Replies

ohiosweetheart

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:20 pm
@Drnaline,
oh my GAWD... lmao... lol....
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:28 pm
@Drnaline,
Glad to see all that put together in one story . I have heard most of it before . I don't understand why Liberals are so against Bush . Right now he seems to fit the centrist positions many Liberals occupy just before election so they can get voted into office .
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:18 pm
@Drnaline,
Laughing
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:00 am
@STEVE cv,
I don't know about Clinton but what if Bush would have been a Republican?:439:
ndjs

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 02:39 pm
@Drnaline,
He is.
0 Replies

STEVE cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 05:49 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
I don't know about Clinton but what if Bush would have been a Republican?:439:

:wtf:
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 06:21 pm
@Drnaline,
I know what he means... he means Bush's insane spending and his push of bills like the Patriot Act are not policies of a "true republican" but policies of the democrats. More spending and more government.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 07:03 pm
@Brent cv,
Thanks Brent. I think my statement was taken literally. Very Happy

The Republican party has had a disconnect with minority voters for sometime now.Democrats are for entitlement programs which usually benefit not just blacks, but all minorities.

The artical the comparison was made in is a humorist column. It's only humorous from a Republican point of view.

Republicans have a president who has a poor approval rating. I suppose they need a diversion of some sort.:yup:
Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 07:40 pm
@Drnaline,
No diversion needed. He knows what he's doing and knows how to do it. If he cared about polls or approval ratings like some other recent presidents did or probably still do. He wouldn't of accomplished half of what he did. My question to who ever is, why can only the democraps spend money or creat more government? Bush did not vreat more entitlement government. He created homeland security. I'd like to know what is deemed insane spending?
Quote:
The Republican party has had a disconnect with minority voters for sometime now.

So who do you think has had a bigger disconnect with voters, repug or demo's? I'm a minority and i feel no disconnect?
Quote:
Democrats are for entitlement programs which usually benefit not just blacks, but all minorities.

Don't forget, and keeps them in what little offices they still retain. Keeps them in paychecks as well. All you have to do is keep reminding those minoritys that they are victums and they need a fighter for the people on there side.
Quote:
It's only humorous from a Republican point of view.

So i take it you thought it not funny, LOL?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 07:51 pm
@Drnaline,
Homeland Security? Now there is a piece of work.

Bush didn't create entitlement programs ? The biggest one that comes to mind is royalty payments for oil. It's all according to who you feel the entitlment programs were for.The rich or the poor.

I didn't think the artical was funny, just a bit one sided.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:06 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:

Bush didn't create entitlement programs ? The biggest one that comes to mind is royalty payments for oil. It's all according to who you feel the entitlment programs were for.The rich or the poor.

I didn't think the artical was funny, just a bit one sided.
Quote:

You still sleep safe at night don't you? We have not been attacked again. And we also know there have been attempts.
Quote:

So Bush did all this without the help of Congress? That Royalty payment your talking about wouldn't be Oil for Food would it? If not got a link? Maybe is like the Royalty setup they have in Canadia? And as far as rich and poor i think most oil companys are owned by stock holders who can be either rich or poor. No body seems to pay much attention to them when they arn't making a profit, or there stock is in the toilet like a few years ago.
Brent cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:15 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
You still sleep safe at night don't you? We have not been attacked again. And we also know there have been attempts.

I slept safe at night pre and directly after 9/11.

Quote:
So Bush did all this without the help of Congress?

Republican Majority makes that easier.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:23 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

Quote:

Me too, thanks to our commander and chief and the people under him. Sklinton had a tendency to let them go even after they were offered to him twice.
Quote:
Republican Majority makes that easier

Sure does, one of those advantages of being on the winning side, LOL. I think the demos had that track for some thing like forty-fifty years. Funny they don't like any one else having there turn. I would still like a little more info on the subject. I search myself and see what i come up with but i may or maynot be what you and tumble are talking about specifically.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:23 pm
@Drnaline,
http://uspirg.org/reports/bigmoneybigoil.pdf#search='Big%20Oil%20Royalty%20Payments'

Oil for food program? lol.

I was sleeping safe before the DHS was created. It disfunctional. When faced with a disaster, it has proven to be less than effective. Hey, aren't they responsible for border security also?Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:33 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
http://uspirg.org/reports/bigmoneybigoil.pdf#search='Big%20Oil%20Royalty%20Payments'

Oil for food program? lol.

I was sleeping safe before the DHS was created. It disfunctional. When faced with a disaster, it has proven to be less than effective. Hey, aren't they responsible for border security also?Very Happy
Only one correction with your statement. I think it should read "When faced with repeated natural disasters" They did very well with Florida repeated hurricane attacks, and the other states as well. Just those pesky welfare, corrupt states with emept mayors and govnors that couldn't help themselves that had problems. But IMO that had nothing to do with DHS.
Quote:
Hey, aren't they responsible for border security also?

Sure are. Hopefully Bush will spend some more insane amounts on a brand spanken new 2000 mile fence.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:48 pm
@Drnaline,
The response to Katrina had nothing to do with DHS? FEMA is under the direction of HS.lol.

You seemed to say the DHS was a great program that Bush could take credit for. It may be a contributer to his fall in job approval.

Although we are more aware of threats from terrorist, I don't feel any safer because of DHS. We are still faced with the same threats we were facing before it was created. Our ports are still a weakness as well as our borders.:wtf:
Brent cv

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 08:54 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Me too, thanks to our commander and chief and the people under him. Sklinton had a tendency to let them go even after they were offered to him twice.

Sorry but I wasnt worried when Clinton was in office either.

Quote:

Sure does, one of those advantages of being on the winning side, LOL.

Yep like I said a long time ago. Majority does not always end up being right :thumbup: Just because they got majority now does not mean they will keep it. I hope they don't.
0 Replies