Latinos divided on immigration issue

Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:12 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Federal cops arent stopping 2 million people from getting in America illegaly. You want it to stop or not? Put the military on the border.

How do you know that? Do you have any evidence that the military can do that, or is it just wishful thinking?
Brent cv

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:14 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
How do you know that? Do you have any evidence that the military can do that, or is it just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking is a lot better than something that does not work at all!
Lasombra

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:44 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Wishful thinking is a lot better than something that does not work at all!

How many illegals were arrested and deported last year?
ndjs

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 06:56 pm
@Curmudgeon,
The military is used to kill and destroy. This is why most people wouldn't condone leaving the military on the borders.

My take?

Put them on the border. Let the foreigners who are thinking of illegally coming over know what is coming if they try it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:20 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I second that.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:42 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
How many illegals were arrested and deported last year?

Not enough obviously. I can not find a source with those numbers.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:42 pm
@Lasombra,
Quote:
The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1866 to grant citizenship to and protect the civil liberties of recently freed slaves. The amendment subsequently was interpreted to provide citizenship to all children born in the country (see jus soli.) The U.S. government cannot deport a child citizen, but may deport his or her illegal alien family members. Children of families with mixed immigration status are sometimes referred to as anchor babies. Some find this term offensive. Aliens "Permanently Residing Under Color Of Law," or "PRUCOL" is a status which covers a variety of situations, including but not limited to those appealing for and adjustment of status as refugee, or awaiting hearings to decide status and disposition.

Illegal immigration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Found this interesting.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:55 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Nice find!
0 Replies

Lasombra

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 08:05 am
@Drnaline,
ndjs wrote:
The military is used to kill and destroy. This is why most people wouldn't condone leaving the military on the borders.

My take?

Put them on the border. Let the foreigners who are thinking of illegally coming over know what is coming if they try it.

Drnaline wrote:
I second that.

And what exactly is coming to them?

Are you saying that our military should kill unarmed foreign nationals of countries that is not currently engaged in a war with us?

The military is used to kill and destroy those that we are at war with, and even then only people who are a.) uniformed and armed -or- b.) committing acts of war against us. The last time I checked, neither of these are happening.

The fact that both of you think this is a good idea is not only scary, but gives liberals fodder to stereotype Conservatives as reactionary, mouth breathing troglodytes that can't perceive the consequences of their actions beyond the point of their nose.
Lasombra

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 08:07 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:

Quote:
The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1866 to grant citizenship to and protect the civil liberties of recently freed slaves. The amendment subsequently was interpreted to provide citizenship to all children born in the country (see jus soli.) The U.S. government cannot deport a child citizen, but may deport his or her illegal alien family members. Children of families with mixed immigration status are sometimes referred to as anchor babies. Some find this term offensive. Aliens "Permanently Residing Under Color Of Law," or "PRUCOL" is a status which covers a variety of situations, including but not limited to those appealing for and adjustment of status as refugee, or awaiting hearings to decide status and disposition.

Illegal immigration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Found this interesting.

So who has the balls to deport parents and keep the kids, making thousands of welfare babies?
ndjs

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:13 am
@Curmudgeon,
There have been several reports of Mexican military firing at American Border Patrols. Of course, the mainstream media hasn't picked up on these for some reason.
Brent cv

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:40 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:

Are you saying that our military should kill unarmed foreign nationals of countries that is not currently engaged in a war with us?

Guns can be used to disable and not just kill.

Quote:

The military is used to kill and destroy those that we are at war with, and even then only people who are a.) uniformed and armed -or- b.) committing acts of war against us. The last time I checked, neither of these are happening.

We should declare war on illegal immigration then since we can broadly declare war on terrorism and knock down the doors of any country we want :dunno:

Quote:

The fact that both of you think this is a good idea is not only scary, but gives liberals fodder to stereotype Conservatives as reactionary, mouth breathing troglodytes that can't perceive the consequences of their actions beyond the point of their nose.

The fact that you will not give a better solution makes you sound like a liberal. Attack attack attack but leave nothing on the table to help the cause.

Simply put... what we are doing now IS NOT WORKING.
Lasombra

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 01:29 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
There have been several reports of Mexican military firing at American Border Patrols. Of course, the mainstream media hasn't picked up on these for some reason.

That's the Mexican military. Last time I checked, they're not the ones who were taking to the streets last week, right?
Lasombra

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 01:42 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
Guns can be used to disable and not just kill.

Ah... so you just want to wound innocent civilians? Should we continue the practice of giving medical treatment to our enemies (like we did with uniformed Iraqis), or should we just let the wounded civilians stay on our side of the border?

Quote:
We should declare war on illegal immigration then since we can broadly declare war on terrorism and knock down the doors of any country we want :dunno:

When have illegal immigrants crossing the border committed terrorist acts on US citizens?

Quote:
The fact that you will not give a better solution makes you sound like a liberal. Attack attack attack but leave nothing on the table to help the cause.

I have given better solutions, you've just haven't paid attention.

Put more Border patrol agents on the border.
Put up a fence or other physical barrier (like the one in Israel).
Increase the technological advantage of the Border Patrol Agents (UAVs, new forms of passports and National ID cards)
Crackdown on people abusing the visa system.

If you think I sound like a liberal, I would suggest that you take your head out of your ass, so you can hear me clearer.

Quote:
Simply put... what we are doing now IS NOT WORKING.

Correct. But you have to admit, it hasn't been working for the past 50 years.
Brent cv

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 03:01 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
Ah... so you just want to wound innocent civilians?

What is innocent about them?!?!?!?!?! They are not US citizens and are breaking United States law. How the hell are they innocent :dunno: :wtf:

Quote:
Should we continue the practice of giving medical treatment to our enemies (like we did with uniformed Iraqis), or should we just let the wounded civilians stay on our side of the border?

How about we save their life, get them healthy, and since we now have an illegal alien in custody we deport them. Not rocket science.

Quote:

When have illegal immigrants crossing the border committed terrorist acts on US citizens?

Since when were illegal immigrants crossing our borders illegally innocent?

Quote:

I have given better solutions, you've just haven't paid attention.

Put more Border patrol agents on the border.

How can you come to the conclusion this is the best way? Why pay to put more people on this borders when we have military on the payroll as it is now that can do this equally as good?

Quote:

Put up a fence or other physical barrier (like the one in Israel).

I am all for it.

Quote:

Increase the technological advantage of the Border Patrol Agents (UAVs, new forms of passports and National ID cards)

**** national id cards. That is the most retarded thing ever. Talk about way to much government in my life right there.

Quote:

Crackdown on people abusing the visa system.

Quote:

If you think I sound like a liberal, I would suggest that you take your head out of your ass, so you can hear me clearer.

If you think someone crossing into our country illegally is innocent you got serious issues. :beat: Maybe you need your head out of your ass so you can think clearer as well? :dunno:

Quote:

Correct. But you have to admit, it hasn't been working for the past 50 years.

No ****.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:04 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:

Quote:

It appears to me they try it because they know chances are they will make it. I also think the story would change if the military were in between. In my estimation we would meet force with force. You play nice and turn around then we play nice. You start lobing rocks we'll speckel you with some paint. You start shooting bullets like the coyote's and the drug runners, guess what we start using.
The military is used in times of disaster too, they must come to kill and destroy some more? How many people did the military kill and destroy when the Sunami hit a couple years ago, i think they saved thousands if not hundreds of thousands. How many did they kill and destroy in Pakistan after there earthquake? Talk about fodder for the other side, you do a fair job of it also.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:06 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
So who has the balls to deport parents and keep the kids, making thousands of welfare babies?

Send the kids with there parents. When they are of age they can then decide if they want to come back.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:12 pm
@Lasombra,
Lasombra wrote:
That's the Mexican military. Last time I checked, they're not the ones who were taking to the streets last week, right?
No they were to ones taking tons of pot over the border then got busted and tried to make it back. When they couldn't, they burned two of there vehicles and started shooting, and then ran back across the river. And the ones taking to the streets are trespassing, which in this country is a crime.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:23 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Quote:

Quote:
If you think someone crossing into our country illegally is innocent you got serious issues. Maybe you need your head out of your ass so you can think clearer as well?

Lets stick to opinions and less to physical anatomy or personal attacks. Save it for the real terrorists, LOL. But who am I?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:25 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Lets stick to opinions and less to physical anatomy or personal attacks. Save it for the real terrorists, LOL. But who am I?

I think i just performed my first moderator duty, LOL.
0 Replies