Introductions about someone else for the new folk

Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:13 pm
For the newcomers, I should add that there are many well educated and thoughtful people here who enjoy debate, and many topics have a very serious theme of fun to them. The majority are polite and respectful of others. Just dont be surprised if a few sneer and call you stupid. They are inadequate.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:13 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:
... Always good to see you, Reyn.

Why thank you! You're a nice kitty.

Hopefully, I can come up with a few contributions here and there.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:18 pm
... & on a more cheerful note ... Wink

Let me introduce you to a few of A2K's cat lovers, who frequent the Cat Room & numerous other threads about animals here.

There's neko nomad, snood, roger, margo, mm, BorisKitten urs, tsarstepan & many more ...

Snood & BorisKitten are heroes of mine. Compassionate souls who have rescued many an abandoned critter. Who have all thrived under their care.

Are any of you philosophers cat people? (I understand that cats are often the chosen companions of intelligent people, because they are so smart, infinitely superior to dogs! Razz ) If you are, I'm your friend. For life!
Consider posting photographs of your cat, too, so we can all droll & coo over it. You'll enjoy that, I promise you.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa101/janblount/photo006.jpg

Oops, I see that I mistakenly included ehBeth & edgar in my not-yet-mentioned post, a way back. In fact, they had already been mentioned. I'm worried they'll get swollen heads now.

I read this thread way too fast, the first time. So may I now say thank you to Deb & littlek for your kind comments. Very nice of you both.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:19 pm
@margo,
Has anyone introduced Georgeob? Hes a retired naval flag officer who is an environmental engineer (probably a CE ). Hes got his PhD from Caltech, not a bad second tier college to matriculate.
George is most often a savvy addition to a discussion, even when its heated. I find him as one of the very few who can argue a point intensely and still maintain a gentlemans attitude.

I think he still owns a slide rule though.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:26 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Hi Edgar. Yes, Haven't noticed Walter as visible as he used to be.

I intend to be more visible here again. Very Happy

You are missed more than you know when you don't post.
0 Replies

Reyn

@msolga,
msolga wrote:
... (I understand that cats are often the chosen companions of intelligent people, because they are so smart, infinitely superior to dogs! Razz ) ...

Why don't I feel smart sometimes? Laughing

farmerman wrote:
...I think he still owns a slide rule though.

Slide rules! Now there's a blast from the past!

Do they still make these? At least as a nostalga thing.

edgarblythe wrote:
You are missed more than you know when you don't post.

Well, I intend to rectify that situation. Laughing Starting today, as a matter of fact!
farmerman

@farmerman,
COWDOC is a large animal veterinarian who lives in (I believe) Idaho. IDAHO!! can you believe it? Hes been a welcome addition to discussions and he offers good knowledge re: animals and animal care especially big animals (like cows horses , sheep etc)

PATIODOG is also a veterinarian and I think hes stationed in Wisconsin . Hed been finishing his degree work when he joined the merry band of A2Kers. He (I think) used A2k as a stress relief while he was finishing his DVM. He can be quite insightful and loaded with better knowledge of pop culture. We havent seen much of p'Dog since hes been employed as a research (I believe) vet.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:28 pm
@Reyn,
I think that Georgeob still hung onto his old slide rule from when the days shortly after the Big BAng Smile
hamburgboy

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:28 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
Cripes, people, can't ya quit with the posturing for once and just be kind to the new folk (and not be jerks to each other) at least until the dust settles? Or don't post in this topic at all and leave it alone. A little discretion. Try it. It's nice.

Laughing Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:30 pm
@farmerman,
Laughing He's not that old, is he?
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:31 pm
@Reyn,
Hey, Reyn. Long time no see.

Oh my goodness, I omitted you from my introduction to A2K cat lovers. Now how could I possibly have done that? Confused
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:32 pm
@Reyn,
Well, I herd him call ci "junior"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:34 pm
@msolga,
And me! But that's ok after that nice introductory post about me.....
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:38 pm
@littlek,
Very Happy

My pleasure. All true. Every word.

Let's face it k, we are both utterly fantastic! No doubt about it. Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:39 pm
Has no one mentioned Brandon? Although i can't take his politics seriously, he is extremely knowledgeable about science, and i enjoy his threads about space travel.
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:47 pm
Has anyone introduced the music folk yet? (by the way, where have music threads gone? I miss them.)

Let's see ... there's djjd, Rocky (Rockhead), hinge, Missy, dapad, Iz & who knows how many others? They provide the soundtrack to my late night A2King. Always exciting to be introduced to some new piece of music, plus the odd dispute, now & then, about which band is superior to which other band.
I'm hoping this post will inspire a bit more music posting. That's my real motive here.
salima

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:48 pm
@msolga,
so true-
i always say that cats are the species on the highest rung as far as spirituality is concerned. my tom was my first guru...
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:49 pm
@Setanta,
Nobody has mentioned Brandon, but I second your assessment of him.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:52 pm
@msolga,
BPB (Bear), Panzade, Miss Letty, edgar, myself, shapeless, joefromchicago, barry the mod, dys, and lightwizard should also be added to the musician/music fan lists in one or more genre.
djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:52 pm
@msolga,
your not so shabby on the music front yourself

and your little ploy worked Wink