Introductions about someone else for the new folk

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:54 pm
Nimh - is that the correct spelling? - I like, but don't know enough to write more.
JPB

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:59 pm
@JPB,
and George, and .... I'm sure there's more.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm a big fan of nimh. He is extremely analytic mixed with very sensitive to issues of many sorts. He pays attention to world wide politics, but not just politics, what is going on in different places. He is a good man with graphs, pie charts, and for all I know, pi. Knowledgeable about a lot, like music. Good street photographer. Presently living in Hungary, originally from Utrecht in the Netherlands.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:08 pm
I see hamburgboy has posted (above). But has he been introduced yet? I'm not sure. Anyway, let me do the honours, if not.

I still call him by his previous username, hamburger. Hamburger (who also happens to be ehBeth's dad) is Canadian. He's a terrific source of fresh information about events in Afghanistan, the middle east & much more. I've personally found his thoughtful contributions, including reasoned, informed comment in discussions & debates, to be really useful & educative. Oh & he can be lots of fun, too. Not just the very serious person I might have suggested. Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:08 pm
Sozobe hasn't been around much the past week, but she's another poster I admire.
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, that's the correct spelling. At Abuzz, his screen name was No It's Me Habibi--hence, NIMH.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:14 pm
@salima,
Quote:
so true-
i always say that cats are the species on the highest rung as far as spirituality is concerned. my tom was my first guru...

Am I pleased to meet you, salima! Very Happy

Welcome, welcome!

You are obviously such a wise & discerning person! Wink

You've got to tell us more about this wise tom, though. If you can't find the cat thread (you can pretty easily, by checking out my "topics" - in my profile) let me know.

Another cat person. What a moment! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:20 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
your little ploy worked Wink

Oh good! Excellent!

And thanks for adding to my way too limited list, JPB.

Quote:
BPB (Bear), Panzade, Miss Letty, edgar, myself, shapeless, joefromchicago, barry the mod, dys, and lightwizard should also be added to the musician/music fan lists in one or more genre.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:23 pm
Rockhead may have been covered, but I want to be sure he gets on here, as well as a rat named roger. Roger don't play music that I am aware of, and his politics sucks, but aside from that he's a great poster. Rock does music and mechanics and whatever else strikes his fancy on here.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:24 pm
bpb (bear) has a new CD.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Roger's politics don't suck. They're different than mine, but we agree to disagree where necessary. I adore that rat.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:55 pm
@littlek,
It's a personal joke between roger and me. Smile
littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ok then.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:09 pm
@littlek,
Thank you.

Actually, I use littlek as a moral compass, but only when my own sense of direction fails. She's also one of the very few teachers I actually trust with education. This is likely because she came to the profession after forming her own world view.

Thanks for the introduction, Edgar. I was about to declare myself MIA.
Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:12 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Hey, Reyn. Long time no see.

Oh my goodness, I omitted you from my introduction to A2K cat lovers. Now how could I possibly have done that? Confused

Shocked Yes, I'm shocked, shocked, indeed, that you have forgotten about us and our cats (Sophie has been doing just fine!). Laughing

I've been around, but relatively quiet, until today, and yesterday. I am coming out of the closet for a comeback. Wink

It's certainly good to read your posts, always popular with me.

[thumbs up]
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:14 pm
@Reyn,
Thank you, you sweet man.

And I'm delighted that Sophie is doing so well. Smile

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:26 pm
@roger,
Good lord, man, I am your moral compass!? What is the world coming to.

<thanks>
ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:43 pm
@littlek,
Meantime, we haven't mentioned Fbaezer, easily one of the most intelligent people at a2k, also possessed of wit and story telling ability. He is an editor in Mexico city with a vast range of knowledge.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:02 pm
Another person who hasn't been mentioned is Blatham. He doesn't post much here since he started his blog, but when he does it is almost always about something thought-provoking. He likes to walk around the forums in a Canadian Mounty uniform to remind us he's from up north. He recently married another long-time A2Ker by the name of Lola; both of whom have made treks to the mecca called Albuquerque.

Then there are the mothers extraordinaire, consisting of Sozobe, Freeduck, Linkat, Boomerang, Izzy, Calamity Jane, Shewolf, and, by honorable mention, DrewDad. All are parents of younguns who seek and share child rearing tips, memories and troubles.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Heartily endorsing your comments, osso.
When fbaezer posts, I always pay attention. (Apart from some weird fantasy football thread! What is that about? Razz Wink )
But when it comes to politics & film, especially, an impeccable, knowledgeable authority, in my book.
0 Replies