Introductions about someone else for the new folk

engineer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:16 am
@jespah,
And I'm in North Carolina! Very Happy

Still, that was an impressive catalogue of members.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:22 am
@dlowan,
I'm good. You're right. Foolish of me to think I needed to assist him in making his introduction.

Someone with a longer history should introduce Thomas. He's a good name to recognize for the Phils.

A
R
T
George

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:28 am
Note to the Phil-Phorum-Pholk:
If you ever see me in a philosophy thread, tell me to shut up and go home.
Although I have a bachelor's in Scholastic Philosophy, I'm a total dunce on
the subject. But if you need help with some Latin, I'm your guy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:36 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

I'm good. You're right. Foolish of me to think I needed to assist him in making his introduction.

Someone with a longer history should introduce Thomas. He's a good name to recognize for the Phils.

A
R
T

Thomas.

How do we describe a fellow like Thomas?

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:37 am
@farmerman,
Ah well, we had the newbies fooled for a little while.
Wink

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:52 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
If this exchange keeps up it will likely take over the thread you know.
Good point I will again stick my head inside my shell and continue the thread.

JL NOBODY, is a Buddhist , a retired university professor whose on emeritus status and is enjoying a second life as an artist. Hes just an all round decent guy who fails to respond in anger no matter how provoked,( Hes got way more class than me) His artwork is primarily of the abstract expressionist styles and he is quickly becoming a regular in juried art shows in the SOuthwest. I believe hes from YUMA Az. (where you can fry yer eggs on yer bumper).

The writers of note in this band include several who, IMHO either practice a lot or are just gifted. These include JOE NATION, EDGAR BLYTHE, ENDYMION,P DIDDIE (the long lamented master of charbroiled porcine flesh) CHAI2,(oh yeh she thought shed sneak under the radar but she is a natural wit who could be the incarnated spirit of Ms Ivins). If ya wants to read more scholarly works of history, Setanta be the man. Trustme , he doesnt run and look it up on Google cause Ive seen him argue the same topic with several people and hes always dregging up new facts that are in his cranium but he never repeats himself on the same information. He gets the facts correct and he only says it differently based upon the circle of discussion. He can be a bit touchy sometimes but only if youre trying to BS him or if its getting late.

SPendi is fun but hes a natural counter informationalist. If you say X, he will say Y. Hes kinda ARistotelean peripatetic like but hes the master of the run on sentence and the dangaling participal.
If he doesnt like you, he will tag your posts and comment onwhatever youve said, only the opposite> Ive said somethings that were IMHO just for fun and had him come along and post a counter comment. Ive seen lately that he too is beginning to troll with a spinner bait to try to excite some converstaion from his target.

As far as my all time fav story teller on A2K itd have to be JOE NATION. Hes been told numerous times to write it up and have it published but he seems not to care for fame and fortune. Living in the swill of NYC is enough for him. Hell, where else can you get Chilean Sushi?

We have several gardening types, Me, Ossobuco, Butterflynet, NekkoNomad, and several others who post infrequently.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:54 am
@failures art,
Please stop.

The ignore feature is totally worthless if you continue to quote insults, rudeness, and examples of poor social skills.

Quoting on-topic discussion items is fine.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:55 am
Did we introduce JoeFromChicago?

He's from Chicago.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:00 am
ican711nm is a (retired?) pilot. I can't recall what types of planes he flew, but I know he said he worked as a commercial pilot for many years. I believe he's ex-military of some sort. He has a degree in some sort of engineering (aerospace or electrical engineering if I recall correctly).

A
R
T
DrewDad

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:02 am
@failures art,
Failures Art is the poster formerly known as Diest TKO.

He has a history of choosing unfortunate screen names.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:04 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
ican711nm is a (retired?) pilot. I can't recall what types of planes he flew, but I know he said he worked as a commercial pilot for many years. I believe he's ex-military of some sort. He has a degree in some sort of engineering (aerospace or electrical engineering if I recall correctly).

A
R
T

and he can cut & Paste like nobody's business
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:04 am
maporsche lives in Chicago. He does NOT actually own a Porsche. He's recently married, and runs endurance races. An excellent debater who finds themselves often in the middle on a subject, but never indifferent. One of A2K's most politically independent posters. He might come off as cranky, but it shouldn't be read into too much. He's often a good compass when checking yourself. Good inspiration to revisit your assumptions if he challenges you.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:07 am
Somebody do OCCOM. I'd do Cyclo, but I'm not supposed to introduce myself...

(Drewdad... I'm watching you! Evil or Very Mad )

A
R
T
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 10:31 am
@failures art,
failures art is Cycloptichorn & Cycloptichorn is failures art

j/k (I think?)

Cycloptichorn (Cyclops) is a financial anlysit who lives in San Francisco and was married last year. He is one of A2K's most left leaning political posters and does an excellent job debating issues and citing sources (and challenging others on theirs). He is passionate about his beliefs and positions and most of them seem well thought out and supported. He can be a bit hot-headed at times and can throw **** with the best of them, although when temperatures return to normal, it's mostly bygones-be-bygones. He's carless (by choice), bikes a lot, and also enjoys the Mary Jane on a regular basis (it's legal in CA, you know).

failures art (don't call him FART), is an aerospace engineer living in Washington DC (or near there) and works on top secret government projects (that we're not supposed to know about). He's also left leaning (although, a bit closer to the center) and is very adept at thinking and laying out his positions in a clear and thoughtful manner. He is even-tempered and very much enjoys blogging (and has a great one if you check out the link on his A2K page - "Welcome space travelers"; some very funny vlogging going on there). He owns a motorcycle that he bought recently and has a grand time motoring around the east coast.

JPB is a fellow Chicago resident who leans a little left of center on the political spectrum. Her views are always well thought out and she is able and willing to provide her views in a reasonable, well-thought out manner. One day I'll finally make it to a Chicago get together and finally meet this person whom I often enjoy reading her posts.

I'm supposed to be working right now, so I can't go into too much more detail.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 11:01 am
Mystery Man is a firefighter in [location here]. He's ex-military from the [service branch here]. He's married. He has a broad interest in many topics, but is likely to be seen in political threads. He's a more conservative poster. He's very thoughtful. On occasion, he's been accused of being a literalist (to a fault), but there are far worse things to be called. Certainly, he is a independent thinker. His views definitely come from his life experience and less from social influence.

A
R
T
Rockhead

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 11:11 am
@failures art,
[location here]

(Kentucky)

and I'm not old, I'm former.
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 11:32 am
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:

Green Witch wrote:

I guess I'm invisible here..... (sniff, sniff, walks away with head in hands)

Me too. Don't despair, we can be invisible together

*Joins the invisibles*
stickystan

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:09 pm
Kickycan is the greatest person on this site. He's always coming up with clever threads about his balls or sex or other related subjects, but he's also as sharp as a tack on any subject at all. Plus he knows who the real assholes are and is not afraid to tell them.

He's my hero.
George

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:15 pm
@stickystan,
Go pound sand.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 12:16 pm
Nobody is invisible. We just haven't got to everybody. I have skipped over many favorites, because I feel other members can do them better justice. I have Anus and several other members on ignore. Life is too short.