Those "Larisch Stickerei" (there's no "alt" ['old'] are known as well as "Alt-Preussische Stickerei".
The very first time these "Stickereien" were used, was with the [Prussian] 26th Infantry Regiment, one of the "old Prussian" regiments.
The last commander was Major General (later General-lieutenant) Carl Leopold v. Larisch. Since regiments were named after their commanding officers - the 'Kragenspiegel' (this term is only used after 1945) was named 'Larisch'.
It was used in this regiment since 1714 as a rank-sign for officers. (The regiment was dissolved in 1806 - part of it was transferred to the III: Corps, the reservist joined the 1rst West Prussian Regiment.