I made a remarkable discovery last night.

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 08:16 am
sob.....hang in there, gus.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 11:19 am
I'm really sorry to bring this back to a discussion of the mundane, folks (or of the mundane folks, for that matter), but an egregious piece of misinformation has been posted on this board and I feel it is my duty to smoke it out, as 't'were. Now, I will not say who posted this, so that cavfancier can remain anonymous, as he does in all those meetings at night where they talk about harboring secret desires to farm capybaras, but it must be brought to light:

Quote:
I saw a ghost of a chicken in my KFC once. Now that's a total buzzkill when trying to simply enjoy a little extra crispy.

The chances of finding the ghost, soul, or even corporal body of a chicken at KFC are so vanishingly small that I can only assume this is a mistruth, and I warn against its further dissemination only because the hawkish lawyers of the KFC corporation have already been sniffing about and murmuring darkly murmered murmurs about libel, lawsuits, and how much ground styrofoam can be put in a food product and still be able to legally call it "mashed potatoes."

Just a word to the wise. Carry on...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 12:52 pm
So - what DO KFC sell?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 12:59 pm
Oh, my....

Gus!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:48 pm
Bunny - They sell dead dismembered chickens...fried.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:50 pm
Chickens? Surely you jest. Don't think there's a reason the name changed from the erstwhile "Kentucky Fried Chicken" to "KFC"?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:50 pm
Not what Patio seems to be saying!!!!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:52 pm
Well they said they were chickens. Shouldn't we trust them?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:52 pm
(if you enjoy libelous (well, maybe, anyway) paranoia via the internet, here you go: http://www.uncoveror.com/chicken.htm )
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:56 pm
I saw the ghost of a chicken mcnugget in my weed smoke once.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:58 pm
Not - NOT..........wabbits???????????
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 01:59 pm
That wasn't weed, cj. That was a mcnugget.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 02:01 pm
Oh my! That's 'orrible!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:03 pm
Gus
My deepest sympathies for the loss of your squid. Will there be a service?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:17 pm
Dammit, my secret is out....I was with gus when he saw the chicken ghost. He asked me if I wanted some KFC. I said, "well, I'm not crazy about it, why?" He said he gets tons for free, so it was no big deal. "Really?" I ask..."how is that?" So he took me to the basement and showed me his 'farm'...."Sure, KFC is one of my biggest clients", he said flippantly. I do hope the nightmares end soon.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:39 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
One of my baby squids is dead.

Oh Gus, I'm so sorry about your squid. You must be beside yourself with grief. Thank heavens you still have others...

What was the dear creature's name? Was it a boy squid or girl squid? And will it be a burial or a cremation...or perhaps breading & deep frying? Just asking...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:43 pm
Mary, Cal, middle initial I, at your service.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:49 pm
I propose a new extreme sport to celebrate the life that once was that large apparently baby squid: Calamari hula. Cut it into giant rings, fry it up, and see how long you can hula before being burned too much. Then slap on some ointment and enjoy the meal. As a jew, do I need to sit squida for this?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:50 pm
I don't know. I'm a Tentacostal.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:59 pm
Almost thought you were gonna go for Tentacoastal....must be regional chapters there.
0 Replies