Alien life? -- your take on the subject

BillW

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 08:53 am
Alien life would to figure out more than we have been able to for sure. The fragile vessel we live; ie, the human body, would have to be discarded and a durable container created. Then, smaller is better - much better. The essence of life extracted and protected. The basic story line behind Matrix may be the truth and the future - except, discard the useless body.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 04:13 pm
Can I have Jennifer Lopez' discarded body?
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 04:14 pm
I'll see what I can do. Must have left my Big Booty file here somewhere... hmm...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 05:36 pm
It's on sale down at the adult toy store, get a spare in case you have a "blowout" at a most inopertune time Cool
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 08:23 pm
truth
Ouch!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 04:41 am
In the meantime, I would like you guys to comment on this report of Iranian high level officers interviewed about ufos.

http://extraterrestrial-life.net/movies/iranufo02.ram
0 Replies

fluid1959

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 05:52 pm
Skeptics to put it kind -Are flatly out of their mind!
Holy cow!relax and enjoy,sit back and breathe in
its just a matter of time for the show to begin

For some,like us,we have had a sneek preview
Let the skeptics be,and do what they do

What good is it talking about a UFO
When they already think,they already know?

Let them find out for themselves what is out there
let them believe in empty space and thin air

Unless those aliens come down on they're own
or contact the skeptics through e-mail or phone

Then do not come across like its all your own fight
A safe change in consciousness,will not happen overnight

I am behind you however,in all that you say
Just save some time for fluid to play
Moementum7
Peace Out
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11790
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 07:00 pm
Sweet little poem.

As for what the debunker's tactic is concerned, we have spotted them on this board and have recognized some of these methods:

How to debunk UFOs and Discredit UFO Proponents:

1. Point out that very large percentages of things reported as UFOs turn out to have conventional explanations (but don't talk about individual observers' varying abilities or how believers screen and investigate cases).
2. Always refer to them as UFO believers or ET believers, implying that their position is faith-based.
3. Argue that any given case could have been something conventional and we will never know because we never have all the facts (but don't acknowledge that well-qualified observers have reported unexplained craft-like objects displaying extraordinary performance totaling in the hundreds or thousands).
4. (Corollary to 3): Avoid any mention of the patterns of appearance and behavior in unexplained cases worldwide for many decades.
5. Focus on the well-known problems and limitations of human perception (but never mention that people are incarcerated on the basis of eye-witness testimony, that our court systems could not function without it, and that if human perception were as inadequate as claimed, nobody would dare to cross a busy street or fly an airplane).
6. Comment regularly on human credulity and wishful thinking, in a desire for saviors from space (just don't mention that it applies only to cultists on the fringes of ufology, nor that close encounter cases typically scare the pants off of the witnesses rather than inspire them).
7. Always act as if no one before you has really conducted a thorough investigation in classic UFO cases so that it's only a matter of time and diligence before the answers will be found (but avoid mentioning that the suggested answers you propose either have already been found wanting or fail to account for the salient features of the case).
8. Demand that UFO believers produce just one spaceship or physical evidence that one has been here. (Never mind that other scientific topics don't require that degree of concrete proof in order to consider something worth studying, such as Agent Orange, SETI signals, or Black Holes.)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:21 pm
truth
Gentlemen, if there are aliens lurking in our shadows, what are they possibly up to? Are they trying to tease us into surrender, or are they trying to start a religion among us. You seem to be intelligent people (esp. Wolf); are you planning to be the apostles of a new orthodoxy? Why else would you spend so much time and mental energy on such shadows?
0 Replies

deniZen

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 12:39 am
I suspect there may be lifeforms under my bed. No, I'm not talking about monsters; I'm referring to dustballs that could possibly be intelligent, and my cats are in constant communication with them.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 04:32 am
Good question, and of course only calibrated speculation can propose some answers.

In the first place, it's obvious to any objective observer that UFOs are not new-comers in our skies -- or better 'heavens', because that's what our ancestors used to call them. It bares no doubt that this must have had a tremendous influence on a human non-technological and gullible mind-set that characterized ancient eras.

Just as there are UFO cults now, there was a highly religious reaction to the -- as that etymological root for 'God' indicates -- 'powerful beings from heaven'. Notice the plural. UFOs have interfered in our spiritual translation of the cosmos towards religion, and undeliberately caused a shift from our original mythological pan- and multitheist religions towards the viewpoints shared by the three pillars of monotheism: that everything sacred is in the heavens, and that these are occupied by superlative beings to who in comparison we are but poor sinners.

I don't know if that's a good thing, considering the tremendously fatal divisions these shifts have created amongst earthlings. I can even suspect that these beings have interfered genetically in our biological history, to 'straighten out some things'. If that were the case, I also would take that to be a dangerous idea.

I also have come to the conclusion that so-called grey variation of extraterrestrial beings -- humanoids really -- has a quite prophetical motivation, warning and giving incentive to hundreds of direct experiencers about an impending ecological devastation. That pattern is proper to every single direct contact there has been that we call 'abduction'.

But ontologically, the existence of extraterrestrial intelligent life will quite vastly expand our consciousness. Over time, our planet would undoubtedly come closer together internationally, at least in absence of racist agendas, which unfortunately is not the case. Our 'world' would extend away from the abstract chaotic idea that we now have of it, and finally revalidate the cosmological order which we share with the other planets out there, as was appreciated before by so many natural philosophies, both East and West. And that can only do us materialistic fools some good, I would think.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 05:06 am
So presumably there is a world wide conspiracy to hide the truth? Of course UFOs exist; by definition, they are unidentified. Are they piloted by beings from another world, desperate to get the message across of impending doom? Of course not. Don't waste your time with such fantasies.

Does other intelligent life exist? I don't know, but everything points towards the conclusion that it should. The interesting question is 'why can't we find it?' not 'how do we keep the alien invasion a secret?'

At a more prosaic level how come none of the nocturnal abductees ever return with a little souvenir from their trip? An ashtray made of zygonite perhaps, or a bottle of alien-brew?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 06:41 am
You must have faith, my son . . . all is not yet revealed, but for the faithful--discounts at the alien products store, opening at a mall near you soon!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:36 am
Hey Set;
I bought the 'hat', but it doesn't fit properly (something to do with 'insufficient foliage'; can i get a refund?
(maybe it was designed for one of those 'pointy heads'; ...........but,....then it should fit, shouldn't it??)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:44 am
Bo, was the hat proper heavy-duty aluminum or a thin, cheap generic brand?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:45 am
generic, perhaps, but certainly NOT cheap! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:45 am
Hahahaha ....

hahahahaha ...

It's all so ridiculous, isn't it.

Look, I used to be -- like every normal person -- a skeptic on these matters. However, I do have an existing intellectual capacity with a coefficient of 140. And I do possess critical thinking skills.

This subject should not be laughed at so easily. The fact that the same persons on A2K keep on doing so, at every turn where others might become interested, is indicative of the scope the debunking effort has taken: it's spread all over the internet.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:15 am
wolf; a healthy dose of humour applied to any subject does not, neccessarily imply the total discounting of all of its many elements; it is the apparent ardour of the proponents of the 'massive clandestine coverup' that draws a flippant response;
i would agree there are many unexplained oddities apparent on this planet, but to me 'the jury is still out' on the exact causes of such breaches of the mundane.
The most compelling of all 'evidence' pointing to possible 'external' input, come from the 'Egytian' artefacts.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 11:03 am
Wolf,

So what brought about your Damascene conversion from normal scepticism to belief in the fantastic?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 11:33 am
Damascene conversion . . . that was a really nice touch, Boss . . .
0 Replies