Alien life? -- your take on the subject

timberlandko

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 09:05 pm
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/gif/clark1_s.jpg Comet Hale-Bopp

timber
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 11:24 pm
UFO's from pre-photographic times. Imagine those poor pre-technological minds seeing them.

http://www.chez.com/lesovnis/htm/picanc.htm
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 11:10 am
What I am about to discuss makes me really uncomfortable:

I have spent all of my life with one ear to all scientific discovery, and technological innovation, trying to remain "up to date" on what's happening on this planet; in this universe.
This has led me to discard all ideas of the supernatural and "occult", with the exception of what I consider to be a "healthy' respect for the "unknown", since it is from this that all real science has grown. And as has been said numerous times "our science today, is simply an explanation of yesterdays magic."

I have from this perspective read a fair bit of information concerning "alien" sitings, of various natures, most of which is too ridiculous and flawed to be given any credance. However there is, I must admit, a small core of "phenomina" in existence, which bear aspects far too largely documented by sceptical, capable witnessess, bearing sometimes huge historically embedded accounts with currently viewable artifacts, Nazca, Egypt, etc., and giving credence to the possibility of visitations from cultures obviously unrelated in scope and ability from our own.

This data also helps to explain the remarkably widespread willingness of humankind to invent supernatural answers to questions beyond their historical level of knowledge, to which they could not possibly know the answers.

Scientifically, as a participant in S.E.T.A.; the continuation of the examination of radio telescope signals from space in the attempt to discern any form of intelligent communication, from incomming data; I have not been informed of any currently strong evidence of alien "voices", whether aimed at us or not. This would indicate to me that "contact" may still be a distant occurrence, or one that has occurred only in the distant past with specific, but unclear results.

This does not mean I am sure there have been alien landings on this planet; it simply means that I cannot be totally sure there have not!

The only wise aproach, in my opinion is to remain open to evidence as it is discovered and veted, and be willing to see beyond polarized, parochial "gossip".
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 12:47 pm
BoGo, We are "open" to any discovery made concerning alien life. It's only that with all the "evidence" provided thus far, I'm still not sold. c.i.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 04:57 pm
BillW, I'm enjoying reading about Urantia. Thanks for the site.
Nuff sed bout thet.

Tex-Star
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 10:17 am
Just came by quite a serious site on the subject

http://extraterrestrial-life.net
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:11 pm
Well it sure looks like, if there ARE alien life forms,
they have so far been smart enough to steer
clear of earthlings so far. If you were an alien,
what would YOU think of EARTH?? Especially at
the moment? If such exists, they keep their
distance, and wisely so. Better to just watch and
wait and see.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:54 am
And try to make this world a better place. Support for oil wars, under the guise of fighting barbaric threats, are not on my schedule.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 09:12 pm
Earthly cities from space
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap030411.html

No wonder we attract so much extraterrestrial attention, with such beauty on display.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 03:56 pm
Funny bumper sticker I saw today:

WE HAVE ENGAGED THE BORG
Ceremony at 7:00 Reception at 8:00
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 03:58 pm
Wonderful Equus, I will be there if you are.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 04:22 am
The Disclosure Project press conference can be downloaded here:
http://www.topsecrettestimony.com/npcc_full.wmv

Watch it, share it, spread it. Do not let yourself get scared by ridicule. The truth will prevail.
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:52 am
probably, this is the very question some unknown species on another planet want to ask.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 08:15 am
You mean 'are we alone?'

Or 'are we indeed being visited?'

The answer to the last question for us seems to be yes.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 07:55 pm
Here's what former astronaut Edgar Mitchell wants us to know:

http://extraterrestrial-life.net/Edgar_Mitchell.htm
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2003 08:41 pm
wolf might be interested in this too, given his earlier post regarding 'elohim' meaning 'came from the sky':

http://www.rael.org/

These guys got some serious press recently claiming they had cloned the first human. Evidence so far is non-existent. To presume that we are the only life forms in a vast, unexplored universe is hubris, IMO. However, it could turn out that Earth is the ghetto of the universe, and perhaps that is why the aliens have avoided revealing themselves.

Speaking of ghetto, what's cool about the Raelians is all the CRAP they have for sale....
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 12:05 am
Most intelligent life forms are not human.
They stopped trying to communicate with us long ago,
because we were far too rude, self-centered, and obnoxious.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 07:26 am
CodeBorg, perhaps we must then just put our faith in the fact that apparently, they are still watching....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 10:07 am
An adult chimpanzee can reach 6 feet in height and can easily kill a human being. Are the aliens not already among us?
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 10:10 am
Quantitatively, if you add up all the species that have awareness, intelligence, culture and communication, humans are only a small part of that.

Orca's, apes, gorillas, whales, wolves, dogs, pigs, and even bees in their own way. If we can't learn to communicate with, and behave nicely to intelligent life forms right here on Earth, what makes us think we'll do any better with extra-terrestrials?

Many years ago, I read a magazine interview with Koko the gorilla, that was done using American Sign Language. Just imagine what we could do if we learned their subtleties of language, instead of relying on the gorilla to figure humans out!

Or are we only interested in working with species that can give us greater technology, energy, or more oil? That we can use and control? I contend that what we learn in terms of compassion, balance, spirit, and life -- is far more important and useful.

Treating aliens like a "technology cow" won't exactly entice them to come talk with us! Dignity and respect begins at home.

Sure, I may be obnoxious about it, but the idea itself is worth considering. We still have a lot to learn here on Earth!
0 Replies