Alien life? -- your take on the subject

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 10:29 am
Is there a discipline of "exo-anthropology"?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 11:39 am
Maybe, you can create one! Smile c.i.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 07:55 pm
http://www.blinddogfilms.com/touched/index.html

A movie on the experiencer phenomenon (some call it abduction phenomenon) premieres in Boston.

The preview on the bottom of the page is quite stunning. This seems to be a genuinely occurring event.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 08:47 pm
wolf, I kind of read over your link. The impressions I got out of reading the article were similar to what little I know of people who hear voices. The mind can do strange things to us humans, and where it departs between imagination and reality is still unknown. Remember the movie "A Beautiful Mind?" c.i.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 02:32 am
In theory you're absolutely right, of course.

But if you have hundreds of 'beautiful minds' scattered over the globe who tell similar stories, the argument is no longer valid. That's the quantitative aspect of the experiencer phenomenon.

Then there's a qualitative aspect. Psychiatrists can make a good distinction between imagination and trauma. They have very undubious tests for this. Experiencers, they unequivocally agree, are not fantasts or copycats, but genuinely traumatised people. The trauma, however, is not entirely similar to that of a violation, because the experiencers are also enormously uplifted on a mental level. They always seem to have grown spiritually, and more precisely: they convey ecological warnings, who they say were attributed to them by the 'beings'. This happens to all of them, while they had no special interest for ecology beforehand. I have never read a story for which this was not the case.

So either we're dealing with a new psychiatrical phenomenon with quite absurd features, either these people have experienced what they say they have experienced. I have come to believe them. These people are not different from us.

Credible testimonies and psychatric interviews on http://www.centerchange.org/passport/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 12:28 pm
wolf, That's precisely the case: They are us! c.i.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:04 pm
Wolf, it's my impression these folks are about the same as "The Prophets" and those who have had other epiphanies of spritual nature ... Ezekial or St. John The Divine would likely today be involved with crop circles and Saucer Abductions. Not being a romantic, I can only ascribe these "reports" to hysteria. As to their widespread nature and similarity of expression, that is probably cultural. In earlier times, it was usually saints or Madonnas ... today its aliens which capture the imaginationions of the unduly credulous. I remain skeptical.

timber
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:17 pm
Me too! c.i.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 11:41 pm
So if abduction experiencers, from different cultures telling similar experiences without preceding mutual contact, are, in your book, mystical fanatics, while psychiatrical experts underline they are not, I guess the Disclosure Project testimonies, in your opinion, are the work of deranged military crackpots who happened to have top security clearances for spacecraft technology and nuclear launch installations.

In other words, the same conservative stance you find on so many forums and which is not only a minority viewpoint but simply an illogical one. We base our psychiatrical, space and air force science on the opinions of experts, but when these opinions try to tell us that extraterrestrial life has discovered us, a mental circuit breaks down. If you wait for the nine o' clock news on this topic, alien life is indeed never going to get revealed in our lifetimes. If you wait for your government to tell you, you're overly naive.

You can trust the opinion and testimony of corroborating witnesses and experts, because that's the logical thing to do. It's a shame to hide in a classical comfortable anthropocentric viewpoint based on nothing but scorn and exaggerated scepticism. The ones who do are going to miss something really important.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:28 am
wolf, I've held the belief that I should believe nothing I hear and only half of what I see. That credo has been dependable during much of my 67 years of life on this planet. Now that I'm in the fall of my life, I'm not going to change it on any statements made on a chat room discussion. For that same reason, I'm an atheist. c.i.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 01:12 am
67 is still young! You could live another third of your whole life - I wish you do.

What I'm trying to convey, is to encourage people to familiarize themselves with the Disclosure Project (if that means ordering a dvd, please do so). This chatroom is only a medium for that important source.

Another source is the hundreds of 'abductee' interviews and sessions with Dr. John Mack.

That's all.

Please don't let me stand in the way of previous posts. This is one of the most important threads on A2K.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 06:07 pm
aliens
Wolf, John Mack (the Harvard psychiatrist) really put his career on the line when he concluded (publically) that he believed his patients were "sincere" in their abduction reports. This only means, of course, that THEY believed what they were reporting was true, not that it WAS actually true. Mack's profession is, of course, an interpretive one; HIS conclusions cannot or should not be taken as evidence of fact. Your comments so far reveal the thinking of an intelligent person. But you perspective is, FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, wrong headed. For example, you say that if we expect to gain the truth from the government we are naive. But it is more (or at least equally) naive to expect the truth from a group of exoticist hobbyists. By the way, someone mentioned that if aliens came to earth they would be more likely to provide humans with far more advanced information and technologies than those permitting the construction of pyrmids. Now if they provided information permitting the construction of INVERTED pyramids (like the shape of my town's City Hall), I would be more impressed. But if an ancient (whether in Egypt or Central Mexico) wanted to built as grand as possible a monument to nature gods or deceased priests, the most likely model for such monuments would be mountains (just as both locations chose the Sun as the models for their gods). And pryamids are the best characatures of mountains. And given their shape, they would be the easiest to build. Gravity would not contest their ambitions as much as it would if their goals were to construct large inverted pyramics.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 06:36 pm
I'm with you on the pyramids. They're still human enough to give them the benefit of the doubt. That's why I probably never sunk my teeth into that subject.

But the classical paintings of UFO's, and their absolute resemblance to modern photography, is really only neglectable by professional debunkers. Again, compare this UFO (Argentinia, 1970's) to this UFO (15th century). There are other tapestries showing the same saucer shaped object, totally out of the temporal context.

Search the net for UFO's in history...
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 11:01 am
Don't worry, it baffled me as well.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 05:27 pm
Not many people would put their career on the line as psychiatrist John Mack has done. Who in the world wants to get real serious about UFOs. People think you are nuts.

But, if I had an experience of being abducted by such a thing and began remembering it, you just bet your ass I would talk about it to someone like John Mack. You can't just hold something like that inside yourself. I would also want to be around those who had a similar experience.

Craven was thinking about starting a thread about populating another planet, himself. Well, here (the John Mack interviews) are some instructions as to how that can be accomplished.

I really can't understand why people are so shocked about the stories these people tell of their experiences and abductions with people who travel around in seemingly advanced and strange air craft. Sit down and read the bible, all the bibles, from front to back. Do they describe how this planet was populated?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 05:47 pm
There was a young group of people who believed as you do. They took sleeping an over dose of pills just before a comet came close to earth, because they believed they can catch a ride on it to far away places. The only thing I'm sure of is that they are all dead. c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 05:53 pm
Ever read the Urantia bible? This is a real, live religious organiztion. Try this link:

http://www.urantia.com/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 06:06 pm
I think the comets name was "bee-bop" or something that sounded similar. c.i.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 06:11 pm
c.i., just how is this person "thinking" that you referred to?

Tex-Star
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 06:13 pm
Tex, I'm afraid you'll have to ask them. I have no clue. c.i.
0 Replies