Alien life? -- your take on the subject

JLNobody

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 06:14 pm
aliens
Ah, the Galapagos. When people ask me if I "believe in" evolution (as if it were a religion), I like to answer "Yes, but it only operates in the Galapagos." Darwin proved at least that.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 07:06 pm
I didn't know that, hmmmmmmmmmm! Kinda like the "Galapagos Triangle"!
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:33 pm
Evolution: only in the Galapagos, and only in one species of birds. Darwinism got wrongly extrapolated from those strange exotic animals. Laughing That's funny.
But there's some truth in it. It's obvious that Neo-Darwinism is becoming an antique paradigm. Evolution is not the test of nature to random mutations, but a highly complex physical, chemical and biochemical web wherein order is generated away from thermodynamic equilibrium. Yes, I am sober.
The must-read here is The Web of Life by Fritjof Capra. Or The Origins of Order by Stuart Kaufmann, but that's a tough one.

As for pyramids and aztec temples, I really don't know enough about it. I concentrated my efforts on gathering credible testimonies of UFO's. And there is hardly any doubt in my mind that these things are not from Earth, after everything I've learnt from military sources all over the world.

Makes you think twice about weapons in space...

Disclosure Project
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 08:43 pm
wolf, I'm afraid the majority of us will remain a skeptic until our own encounter with a alien or UFO/space craft not of human making. c.i.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 09:49 pm
Most of all, it's just a matter of simple scientific logics:

1. it's impossible that we're alone
2. it's impossible that we're the most advanced species in the universe
3. it's totally improbable that spaceflight stops at our current speed
4. it's impossible that our electromagnetic transmissions or biological planetary features have not been detected by technologically exponentially advanced societies
5. therefore it's highly probable that we have been visited.

I for one have never seen a UFO. But the pics I posted don't lie, and I know what testimony is worth when it comes from certain sources: a lot. So being sceptical is really a tad conservative. There's always a tiny percentage of improbability about everything, but that doesn't stop our scientific assumptions.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 10:18 pm
aliens
Wolf, all your "impossibles" are reasonable, but not the conclusion you feel they warrant. We should also ask What are the chances that a species will evolve somewhere within travel range of us that not only has the intelligence, and technological development but also the cultural motivation to build space ships and travel? This requires a large amount of projection. It sounds so much like the aliens in startrek that, while in some ways physically exotic, nevertheless share our essential orientation, talking and thinking somewhat like middle class americans with typically human(oid) motivations.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 10:23 pm
There's also the question of materials and fuels available for space travel. c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 10:57 pm
I believe that the answer to that question is totally outside our realm of understanding c.i.; if, in fact, inter and/or intra galaxy space travel has existed!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 10:57 pm
duplicate posting
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 10:29 am
aliens
I do think that this topic should be in the "Religion and Spirituality" section. See you guys in about a week. Let's if you can resolve this problem by then.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 11:01 am
Evidence;
Wolf;
I must take exception to your "impossibles", and concur with your "improbables"; it is, after all possible that we are alone here, just unlikely !

One set of "evidence", extremely compelling to me, is the pyramids.

Looking at the structure in crossection indicates to me the construction of a device (potentially guided by "off world" beings) to be used for communication of some sort; the layering of huge masses of stone in precise juxtapositions is surely intended to pick-up, and/or send waves of some sort, obviously straight up. Indications that this may in fact occur are perhaps confirmed by the anecdotes from exploratory teams that individuals who have spent the night in the tombs, at the point of, or "in" the sarcophagus, have ended up "mad" !
Think about the possibility of a mind, uneducated about the nature of the universe, the possibilities of extraterrestrial life, and steeped in the "mumbojumbo" of belief in sundry supernatural phenomena, being bombarded by who knows what kind of alien communications, or stimuli, while in a near sleep, or dream state, in a location and situation wrapped in danger, superstition, fear of the unknown, and extreme sensory deprivation;
"mad" - no wonder !

It would be exiting if, today, some experiments could be mounted to investigate the communication potential of these ancient artifacts of man, or...........
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:43 pm
BoGoWo, The pyramids were built by Egyptians. They have found the quarters where the pyramid workers lived close by. c.i.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:27 pm
sure C.I., I know they built them, but they neither designed them, nor g\did they have the capacity for most of the construction techniques prior to the bulding of the pyramids. Also there were many decorations within the tombs, which closely represent the appearance of current day astronauts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the case, proven, for sure; just from what I've read, an interesting interpretation of certain evidence.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:39 pm
Supposed, mathematics would have had to of taken a terrific leap for the pyramids to have been built - however, why didn't they introduce some better machines? The Prime Directive?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 02:11 pm
BillW, There are many mystery in Egypt that scientists are still unable to find answers. One happens to be the statues of Minenon in Aswan that weighs over 65 tons. These stones are not indigenous to that part of Egypt, and the closest mines are on the other side of the Nile River. The big question is, how did they transport those huge stones that supposedly weighed twice their current weight before they were carved? I'm sure I can find other examples if you want to hear of them. c.i.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 01:34 pm
Bowogo

what sort of waves?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 02:07 pm
BoGoWo, I'm not sure which tombs you are talking about. I visited a few of them in both Giza and the Valley of the Kings. Don't remeber seeing anything like you describe. Can You be more specific? c.i.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 09:37 am
Steve;

electromagnetic waves; the same we use, light, radio, ultra violet, infrared, xray, etc, etc, etc.

C.I.;

I was specifically thinking of "Cheops" (sp?), but the others are similar;
above the burial sarcophagus, which is in a relatively tiny room at the "heart of the pyramid, are a series of massive solid stone blocks (again far too large to have been locally mined and manipulated) spaced out above the chamber in precise, but differing increments rising up toward the peak of the monument. Any wave passing through this arrangement, up or down, would aquire specific "phase" characteristics that could be "interpreted" by a receiver tuner specifically to suit. Perhaps the human, or other, brain???
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 10:21 am
"Cheops" is the largest of the three pyrmids in Giza. I wasn't aware of the stone placements and originations, although I've watched many Discovery Channel programs on the pyramids, and from readings. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 10:22 am
I have two tour guides I had in Egypt that I can ask about this subject. I'll email them today. c.i.
0 Replies