@kennethamy,
kennethamy;103287 wrote:
It depends on the circumstances.

Hence my use of that word "might".
kennethamy

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:40 am
@Fido,
Fido;103291 wrote:
We do not count them was worthy of their peace and lives; so they must force us to count them when we count our own dead... It is an act of futility, and they know it; but soft targets are the only ones available to them...

?? (As usual)..............
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:46 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;103290 wrote:
How are innocent Muslims praying in a mosque responsible as a group for what Americans did?

You are reading me wrong... They could be considered as a group responsible for what any of their number does... Why does Israel try to kill a hundred to one... It is not for justice, but to teach the rest a lesson... We should all get the lesson before it is taught...

---------- Post added 11-13-2009 at 09:52 AM ----------

kennethamy;103293 wrote:
?? (As usual)..............
No one said it was particularly fair, and yet it has worked, and for that reason has endured... At our first opporunity we accepted individual legal responsibility which gives us our first legal definition of the individual... Things are different for much of the world... They value justice above all things, feel they have an absolute right to justice, so they have justice and little else... We value justice, but value peace more highly, so we are left with having little peace and much injustice...
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:03 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;103287 wrote:
It depends on the circumstances.

Damn straight man! You said it!

The context in this case is that nothing cracks a tank or bunker like radioactive heavy metal bullets. Using something a bit more "conventional" is a waste of time and money.

Only bleeding heart liberals would consider sacrificing economic expediency in favour of "ethical" weaponry. Good grief guys, it's a war - people get hurt.

So the fact that Iraqi women will still be giving birth to babies without brains in 500 years time is nothing - it would have cost the US (hey - and your UK allies too, we want some credit as well after all) more time and money not to employ the stuff.

What reasonable individual could possibly have cause to complain?

Only a nutjob wouldn't realise this course of action was required by the circumstances - as Ken rightly asserts.
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:39 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;103292 wrote:
Hence my use of that word "might".

Yes. But just ?nutty" is not correctly applied to those who intentionally target innocent people. "Viciously and evily nutty" is the term.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:42 am
@kennethamy,
Hey man, I was using your term. Don't see how you can complain about that.
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:54 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;103310 wrote:
Yes. But just ?nutty" is not correctly applied to those who intentionally target innocent people. "Viciously and evily nutty" is the term.

Too true man, anything goes for them.

Provided they're arabs.

I mean, we've sort of known that depleted uranium warps unborn children for nearly two decades due to the corrolation between miscarriages and mutations and use of the tank-trashing wonder weapon in the first gulf war.

I mean, really, we should have known anyway shouldn't we? It's bloomin' URANIUM after all. It's not like uranium isn't notoriously unstable, is it?

And that the half life was going to make it a problem for generations to come. I suppose that was also crystal clear in it's apparentness.

But that's hardly the intentional targeting of innocents surely?

Hey, why let things like that prevent us saving time and money on our subsequent adventures in Iraq?

Why let that bother us when we can be watching TV?

Those developing embryos were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Vicious? Evil? Us? No way sirree!
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 10:45 am
@kennethamy,
Well Dave, we need to nip those child suicide bombers in the bud. They don't understand the benefits of the democracy we've been so generous to give them, they're still all bent out of shape because their little huts got scathed by a few sidetracked cruise missiles...uhhhhhh....Remember thems still gots tha weapons uh marse deestruktion!
Dave Allen

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 10:50 am
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;103317 wrote:
Well Dave, we need to nip those child suicide bombers in the bud. They don't understand the benefits of the democracy we've been so generous to give them, they're still all bent out of shape because their little huts got scathed by a few sidetracked cruise missiles...uhhhhhh....Remember thems still gots tha weapons uh marse deestruktion!

Word!

Don't let no wet pinko fairy environmentalist tell you otherwise.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 07:32 pm
@kennethamy,
pan and dave, you funny guys-i am laughing so hard i am crying.

i didnt know the guy was an arab-i thought he was just a muslim....isnt it funny how the picture changes when you put a different identifier on someone. makes their intentions and their actions come out different too.

kenneth, if the press actually meant to say it wasnt an act of terrorism i would have to give them credit for trying to stop another wave of mass hysteria and useless red alert, to which by now everyone must surely be immune. but often the press will say 'it wasnt' something just to put the idea in the minds of the masses that it was. so their apparent political correctness is quite devious and every bit as insidious as any military or political action as far as results-why not, they are probably all owned by the same 'people'.
Fido

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 11:21 pm
@kennethamy,
You can call it what you want, but all violence is a form of communication...It is just that no one wants to know what is communicated...
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 12:12 am
@salima,
salima;103393 wrote:
pan and dave, you funny guys-i am laughing so hard i am crying.

i didnt know the guy was an arab-i thought he was just a muslim....isnt it funny how the picture changes when you put a different identifier on someone. makes their intentions and their actions come out different too.

kenneth, if the press actually meant to say it wasnt an act of terrorism i would have to give them credit for trying to stop another wave of mass hysteria and useless red alert, to which by now everyone must surely be immune. but often the press will say 'it wasnt' something just to put the idea in the minds of the masses that it was. so their apparent political correctness is quite devious and every bit as insidious as any military or political action as far as results-why not, they are probably all owned by the same 'people'.

So, does the press say someone was something just to put the idea in the masses that it wasn't? My goodness, however do you know all this?
salima

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 07:29 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;103411 wrote:
So, does the press say someone was something just to put the idea in the masses that it wasn't? My goodness, however do you know all this?

Laughing
i tend not to believe anything i read in the media, but first i consider the source. there are some that are less biased, and i also read some that are biased in opposite directions, feeling that the truth is somewhere in between. bbc (where the article you posted came from) is one of the better ones. if you make a list of those other reports you saw and examine which newspapers they came from, there would be more to go on.

think about when a politician makes a speech and then the commentator comes on and says "now here's what he said", and goes on to explain what you heard, but if y ou listen to both you will see that they are never the same. it is so obvious, but most people only listen to the commentator, thinking that the speech in its entirety is too long and boring, and they just want a recap.

media exists to bend the mind of the public, and it is paid to do so by its advertisers and various sponsors, and owners, and people who have their own agendas. i dont pretend to know who all is at the back of this, but i do know that they are not simply objectively reporting news. this is not a conspiracy theory, this is just a fact of business, and a fact of life, and a feature of humanity (that last part referring to people having their own agenda to try and propagate).
kennethamy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 08:21 am
@salima,
salima;103426 wrote:
Laughing
i tend not to believe anything i read in the media, but first i consider the source. there are some that are less biased, and i also read some that are biased in opposite directions, feeling that the truth is somewhere in between. bbc (where the article you posted came from) is one of the better ones. if you make a list of those other reports you saw and examine which newspapers they came from, there would be more to go on.

think about when a politician makes a speech and then the commentator comes on and says "now here's what he said", and goes on to explain what you heard, but if y ou listen to both you will see that they are never the same. it is so obvious, but most people only listen to the commentator, thinking that the speech in its entirety is too long and boring, and they just want a recap.

media exists to bend the mind of the public, and it is paid to do so by its advertisers and various sponsors, and owners, and people who have their own agendas. i dont pretend to know who all is at the back of this, but i do know that they are not simply objectively reporting news. this is not a conspiracy theory, this is just a fact of business, and a fact of life, and a feature of humanity (that last part referring to people having their own agenda to try and propagate).

Do you believe Hassan murdered 13 people and wounded 39 others? And that he yelled, "Allahu Akbar" as he did his work?

Do you think the attack in Mumbai occurred? Or was that a lie?
salima

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 08:33 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;103433 wrote:
Do you believe Hassan murdered 13 people and wounded 39 others? And that he yelled, "Allahu Akbar" as he did his work?

no-i would say you have efficiently sorted out the truth.
kennethamy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 08:43 am
@salima,
salima;103434 wrote:
no-i would say you have efficiently sorted out the truth.

No what? I don't know what your reply means.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 10:31 am
@salima,
salima;103426 wrote:
Laughing

WWhaaat media... You get fifteen seconds of news for every hour of advertizement...The more pointless is a story the more often they will recycle it... News papers have had to bow to thhe buck, and we are looking for real time facts which I never get off my home page either...What we get is commercial news... If Rush can be sold in the heartland then wind can be sold in the city... What it is in fact is one part of the populaion enjoined to hate the other half...If you say media, I say money... Money twists the story, and since we have lost the ability to talk civilly, that is, through the medium of government, we have only the relentles shouting of insults and encouragment of depravity...Well, what I I don't want it there???

This day could well be seen as an age without government, where government existed to free enterprise from its obligations, and to keep the peace while people struggled to have more of less and less...Good as the object of all government is put out of our reach by our government because it sees only what is good for the rich...The 'media' serves itself, and deserves no freedom... It thinks the truth is what people will buy...If communication is truth, and a lie is an injury, then their office is an indignity, a dishonor...
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 10:34 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy, you are the only one here who is trying to 'put the idea in the masses', the 'masses' being the users here on the forum. This is the second time in recent memory where you've copy and pasted a news snippet that attempted to at least be objective, but then you threw your own spin on it in order to make a political statement.

In this case, you are saying that 'political correctness' is what allowed Hasan to go on the killing spree, so why don't you back up this claim with a real argument. Nothing in the news article said anything about political correctness having to do with it, so you need to convince us why we did not pick up on this information when reading the article. I guess you have inside knowledge of the FBI's investigation, and knew that political correctness scared them off? Please enlighten us.
Fido

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 10:47 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;103433 wrote:

Murdered is sort of a charged word; isn't it???Do you think that when a peron goes into the military with the expectation that he will be taught to kill and then he goes to kills because of political consideration blown way out of hand, that it is not murder??? There is choice, and death results......People must, as individuals, choose war, choose the route to war and its prosecution...Certainly the soldier is taught at some point that he must obey, and that he is not a free individual, but, as might have been said in another age: He is bound by his own will... And bound so he learns to kill and turns his arms against his fellow man and takes their lives without a fair trial of the facts...Where is the man who could go there to our middle eastern wars who would not hep to kill even without firing a shot... Just as with the Iraqis who we held reponsible for our hatred of Saddam, that we killed them without limit, and destroyed their homes and economy, and abused their honor and pride... Do we think we are better than they when the whole affair is played out in miniture???We killed a lot of them, and one of them killed a lot of us... Are you saying it is not fair... Mostly it is sickening, and since all of it has been the result of stupid human tricks with the truth -leading to catastrophe, it is also criminal, and negligent, and beyond acceptance...We cannot blame fate, and should not excuse either side; but stand apart from those people...
kennethamy

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 10:54 am
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;103449 wrote:
kennethamy, you are the only one here who is trying to 'put the idea in the masses', the 'masses' being the users here on the forum. This is the second time in recent memory where you've copy and pasted a news snippet that attempted to at least be objective, but then you threw your own spin on it in order to make a political statement.

In this case, you are saying that 'political correctness' is what allowed Hasan to go on the killing spree, so why don't you back up this claim with a real argument. Nothing in the news article said anything about political correctness having to do with it, so you need to convince us why we did not pick up on this information when reading the article. I guess you have inside knowledge of the FBI's investigation, and knew that political correctness scared them off? Please enlighten us.

I said that PC allowed Hassan to go on a killing spree? Where did I say that? I imagine Hassan would have done what he did PC or not. What I said is that PC probably caused the authorities to be more reluctant to intervene. It is certainly causing the legal system to say what is plain to everyone. Luckily events are beginning to enforce honesty. (Expressing an opinion about a news event is exactly what this thread is to be for. Everyone else does it).