The Confederacy was About Slavery

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:11 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

...The Civil War was about slavery...and the southern plantation owners were not thinking past their noses...

I cannot believe that, since I have met white Southerners that were not the emotional stereotype that is promulgated in the country by the media, in my opinion. And, this thread would not have been started if the contention was an open and shut case. There apparently are winds of dissent, including my high school curriculum that taught that the Civil War was not caused singularly by slavery.

Foofie...the Civil War WAS about slavery...almost exclusively about slavery. As has been pointed out by several people here, almost every other problem could have been resolved...but the slavery issue could not.

Get that...or not. I have no interest in convincing you or anyone else that my thinking is correct on this.
Foofie

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:12 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'll repeat myself--ascribing some portion of the belligerence of the southern leadership to a cause other than slavery does not alter the criminal behavior which cost a million Americans their lives. But apart from that, the turd-stirrers here, principally Miller/Foofie, are obliged to ignore a mountain of evidence that the southern leadership willfully seceded, and started a war for the purpose of perpetuating the institution of slavery.

After her shrill, hysterical attacks on Deval Patrick, before she created the Foofie sock puppet, i have no doubt in my mind that Miller is an unreconstructed racist. She hates Irish-Americans only slightly less. These bigotries shine clearly through in her Foofie sock puppet. Truly, Miller is a disgusting hater.

It was 800,000 lives. And, I do not hate Irish-Americans. Several have been very kind to me. However, there is still an inability of some to think of me as a kindred spirit; their early teachings just puts them in a world too different than mine. So, I do avoid most. That is not hate; I'm just not into masochistic behavior.
Foofie

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Get that...or not. I have no interest in convincing you or anyone else that my thinking is correct on this.[/b]

Then you should have clicked on the "reply to all" button. I am not interested in your pronouncements that are based on less than an open minded assessment, in my opinion. The correct response would be, "Could be? Who knows?" However, the need to claim that it was "about slavery" is just the reason du jour, in my opinion.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 01:14 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Get that...or not. I have no interest in convincing you or anyone else that my thinking is correct on this.[/b]

Then you should have clicked on the "reply to all" button.

I didn't do that for the same reasons you did not when you posted essentially the same sentence directly to Glitterbag.

http://able2know.org/topic/145429-86#post-6026643

Quote:
...we do not agree, and I have no interest in convincing you or anyone else that my thinking is correct.

You remember why you didn't "click on the reply to all" button, right?

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 03:52 pm
@Foofie,

Foofie wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Miller wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

If I remember correctly, your family didn't wash up on these shores until well after the Civil War

Your memory is not correct.

My family was present in this Country, well before the Civil War.

My remark was addressed to Foofie who claims his/her family arrived 25 years after the Civil War, I didn't address you at all. Unless of course you are both Foofie and Miller. If you ARE both, pick a family history and stick with it.

Actually, on my father's side the family came around 1881 or 1882. That would be 16 or 17 years after the Civil War. My mother's side came just around 1898. That's 33 years after the Civil War. Both lived on the Lower East Side. Both sets of grandparents gave birth to my parents there. Both worked hard selling food to immigrants, 5 1/2 days a week (time off for the Sabbath).

However, I do find it interesting that you are taking umbrage with either Foofie
or Miller, or the possibility of a poster that functions in a quantum field, so to speak.

I think it laughable that you actually think anyone actually believes any of the crap Miller invents for her alter ego Foofie. Whoever you are, its achingly apparent that you so called 'experiences' are complete inventions. Back on old forums, I had KAK on ignore, when I realized Miller was KAK I put her on ignore and when I realized Foofie was Miller's attempt to speak as she imagines a Secular Jew from New York would, the Foofie character was also put on ignore.

Something Set caught a few pages back puzzled me so I checked the posts he was referring to and I have to admit it was funny watching Miller responding to comments to Foofie and vice versa. It was only amusing because you tripped yourself up. It was a mistake for me to respond because now you can enjoy the attention. I don't have the patience to continue to engage you, I suspect you have emotional or racist issues that would exhaust a mental health professional. I simply have to keep you and your alter egos on ignore because I can't respect myself for matching wits with a disturbed person. I hope you get the help you need.

Foofie

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 10:00 am
@glitterbag,
Based on your post, can I conclude that the Confederacy was About Sockpuppets?

Thank you for putting me on Ignore.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:04 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I hope you get the help you need.

Fin daan mohl in Gotts oiren!
McGentrix

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

You know who else talked like that?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 12:26 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
No. It became popular here - translated from Yiddish to German - about 1900 via German Jewish papers.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 01:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
No. It became popular here - translated from Yiddish to German - about 1900 via German Jewish papers.
After some research: with slightly different translations to how it is used since about 1900 in German, it was known already (in German) in 1867.

Like many other 'Yiddishm', it was known (spoken) earlier in the Berlin dialect as well - several source notice that, but naming a proper period/year (see: Stern, Heidi: Wörterbuch zum jiddischen Lehnwortschatz in den deutschen Dialekten ["Dictionary of Yiddish Loan-Words in German Dialects"], Tübingen, 2000).

I couldn't find a source for the earliest use in Yiddish nor "who else talked like that".
0 Replies

timur

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 01:31 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Zarathustra?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 01:57 pm
That was a good one . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 02:11 pm
@Foofie,
This just gets more an more hilarious--i accuse Miller of hating Irish-Americans, and Foofie, after years of denying that she is Miller, responds to my accusation against Miller, which is why i came to the the conclusion Foofie was a sock puppet to begin with.

The records of the Confederate States are incomplete. Contemporary estimates of the number of dead run to 750,000, but that does not include civilian deaths, and particularly, deaths in the slave population. No estimates of the number of civilians (including slaves) who died from disease or malnutrition are included. Most sources give the figure for civilians killed as a result of combat run wildly from 50,000 to 150,000. One million, to include civilian deaths and civilian deaths from malnutrition and disease is a conservative estimate.

You're f*ckin' idiot, Miller.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 02:12 pm
Miller's losin' it . . . she can no longer keep track of who she is at any given moment.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 08:29 pm
@Foofie,
L'shanah tovah tikatev v'taihatem.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

You have given up on English? I know no German, other than a few words from American WWII movies. I know even less Yiddish, since it was a secret language between my mother and my aunt, so I'd not know what they were talking about.

snood

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 09:54 am
“At the onset of the Civil War, our stolen bodies were worth four billion dollars, more than all of American industry, all of American railroads, workshops, and factories combined, and the prime product rendered by our stolen bodies—cotton—was America’s primary export.”
― Ta-Nehisi Coates, Between the World and Me
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 12:40 pm
@Foofie,
I didn't know that American WWII movies were in German - I always thought that they were in (American) English (and synchronised into German here).

I used a Yiddish saying, because you wrote in Yiddish previously as well.
Setanta

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 01:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Foofie now claims to know no Yiddish . . . Miller is having trouble keeping her story straight.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2015 02:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I used a Yiddish saying, because you wrote in Yiddish previously as well.

You are not correct, Mr. Hinteler. Foofie did not write anything in Yiddish.

I am the person, who wrote in Yiddish previously. Foofie has stated that he doesn't know German or Yiddish.
0 Replies