The Confederacy was About Slavery

farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 07:42 pm
@electronicmail,
Quote:
He was a great horse.
You know this how?
Actually I have no idea where you get the "he is buried".. story. The damn horse's skeleton is at the Washington/Lee Museum. They dug him up in the 1920's and wired him up.
electronicmail

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 07:45 pm
@farmerman,
I saw the plaque on Traveller's grave myself. It was a lot later than 1920.
http://www.classbrain.com/artaskcb/uploads/traveller.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 07:52 pm
@electronicmail,
Quote:
“Lincoln believed that whites were superior and favored the deportation of freed slaves.”
Recall that this thread is entitled "The Confederacy was about SLavery". Not, "Was Lincoln an asshole". NOBODY has even taken a side (except you) about Lincoln. EVERYBOPDY who knows something about the Civil War knows that Lincolns own personal feelings stopped at ending slavery. He was no fan of citizenship for blacks. In fact he was a fan of the "Rehomelanding of freed black slaves to Africa"
SO FUCKIN WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE CONFEDERACY BEING BASED UPON SLAVERY????? Most of the states already seceded before Lincoln even took office!! Only Va Ark. NC and Tenn. seceded after Ft SUmter (and after Lincoln took office). And those states were vacillating until SC attacked SUmter (did SC do that to get these states off the dime?)
Ionus

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 08:00 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
SO FUCKIN WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE CONFEDERACY BEING BASED UPON SLAVERY?????
It has as much to do with it as your pathetic quotes that you think prove your point because they have the word slavery in them .

Either :

The Confederacy was about slavery because they hated the black man so much that they had to have slaves;

OR

The Confederacy was about money made from primary industry and the slaves were a means to an end .
snood

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 08:15 pm
Hey Setanta and Farmerman,

I know that neither of you respect these asswipes, nor take seriously their choplogical arguments - I mean, I just know that from the years of reading your posts.

I guess you guys must have some kinda altruistic instinct or something that makes you feed trolls.

Otherwise I can't figure out why you keep casting your pearls out there for them to mix in their barf and bile.
Ionus

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:23 am
@snood,
Excellent contribution . The logic is very convincing.... Very Happy

Will you at any time be addressing the choices I gave ? No ? Perhaps it is too hard....

Do you need to feel persecuted ? It helps when you fail if you feel there is an excuse, doesnt it . You can fail anytime you like and blame those white trash ......Those southern boys are just niggers arent they ...but them northern boys, why they worship black people....aint no racism nowhere north of Mason-Dixie.....never had a race riot up there.....
Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 03:10 am
@snood,
I cannot but agree with you, and have been attempting to ween myself from rising ot their pathetic bait. I will join you in allowing this thread to die, since it is now infested by parasites.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 04:10 am
@Ionus,
Not to worry. Snoody's thread deserved to die on page 1 because its title was a vicious lie. So what if took 50 pages of facts to get there? Truth will out and often it takes a lot longer than that.

So here I figure Traveller's spirit worked a miracle beyond the grave. Rest in Peace.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Traveller%27s_Grave.jpg/250px-Traveller%27s_Grave.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 04:11 am
@Ionus,
I guess we should take panzades leadership and vacate this thread. That way, Im certain that the idiots will have nothing to talk about after a few days of token bullshit.

farmerman

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 05:01 am
@farmerman,
When I saw Traveller (as a kid) , it was around 1960' something, I was about 11 or 12. Traveller's skeleton was mounted as if running I recall. It was kind of creepy for this "Mutter Museum" stuff to be in amuseum devoted to more serious stuff.If they reinterred the horse from its really troubling pose of bones, that is good.
Its kind of like Jeremy Benthams corpse.

Ok Im outta here.
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 06:00 am
@Ionus,
no sir that was mason dixon
dixie isplaying http://www.css-shenandoah.com/
snood the hater filipino is a voodoo image nor real hes long dead if he ever liveed got a silver bullet?
http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/a6d49feed51e18c76de005026a340249?r=R&d=identicon&s=180

i'm outta heerr too tks to all the patriots
Ionus

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 07:05 am
@ABE5177,
Quote:
no sir that was mason dixon
Embarrassed You are of course correct....I dont know why I typed Dixie.....maybe the tune was in my head ....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 11:39 am
I am guessing that many blacks in Mississippi dont buy the argument that the confederacy was all about slavery
Quote:
How Many Mississippi Voters Wish the South Had Won the Civil War?

Thirty-eight percent of Republicans! Twenty-two percent of Democrats -- which is really something when you consider that the Democratic vote in federal elections is mostly black.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/04/25/how-many-mississippi-voters-wish-the-south-had-won-the-civil-war.aspx

Me thinks that the liberal effort to cast the cause of the Confederacy into disrepute is not going swimmingly....
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 11:42 am
@hawkeye10,
Are you saying blacks were able to vote?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 11:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Are you saying blacks were able to vote?
You have difficulty following links dont you..
Quote:
Many still fighting the Civil War...
The Civil War may have come to a close almost 150 years ago but Republicans in three Southern states still aren't sure its outcome was a good thing. Less than half of GOP voters in Georgia, North Carolina, and Mississippi are glad that the North won the Civil War:

-In Georgia 47% of Republicans are content with the Union victory, while 31% wish the South had won. Democrats (58/17) and independents (54/19) are both strongly supportive of the North, making the overall numbers 53/23.

-In North Carolina GOP voters are almost evenly divided on the outcome of the war with 35% glad for the North's victory, 33% ruing the South's loss, and 32% taking neither side. Democrats (55/15) and independents (57/14) have similar numbers to Georgia but due to the greater ambivalence of Republicans about the northern victory, overall less than half of Tar Heel voters (48%) are glad the Union won to 21% who wish the Confederacy had.

-In Mississippi no group of the electorate seems all that enthused about the North having won. Republicans, by a 38/21 margin, outright wish the South had won. Democrats (39/22) and independents (49/15) side with the North but compared to those voter groups in North Carolina and Georgia they're pretty ambivalent. Overall just 34% of voters in the state are glad the Union prevailed to 27% who wish the rebels had been victorious.

A few weeks ago we released numbers showing that a plurality of Republicans in Mississippi think interracial marriage should be illegal. Democrats there think it should be legal by a 68/18 margin and independents do so 56/21, making the overall numbers in the state 54% who think it should be legal to 28% who believe it should be illegal.

GOP voters in North Carolina and Georgia don't have the same hang up about interracial marriage that their peers in Mississippi do. In Georgia Republicans think it should be legal by a 52/29 spread. Democrats do so 67/20 and independents do 74/13, making the overall numbers 62/22. And in North Carolina Republicans think it should be legal by a 55/30 spread. Democrats do so 74/15 and independents do 80/11, making the the overall numbers 68/20.
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/04/many-still-fighting-civil-war.html
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Did you notice the switch?
Ask a question about attitudes in a State, extrapolate the answer in a Nationwide framework.

How many of those those Mississippian Democrats were black? You don't know because the article doesn't say.

BTW: Here's the full data report entitled

Southern voters glad North won Civil War
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_GAMSNC_0421.pdf

Crunch that number.
Joe(report back)Nation
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:08 pm
@Joe Nation,
I did not get that far into it, if these numbers are even close to being correct there are far more throwbacks running around than you liberals have admitted to, and a fair number for them claim to be democrats.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Are you trying to tell us that there are Conservative Democrats out there?

Shocking!

Rolling Eyes

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:43 am
Here's a nice Christian preacher who blamed the abolitionists for the war.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/29/pastor-witherspoon-goes-to-war/?smid=fb-disunion

Joe(What were they trying to abolish?)Nation
Ionus

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:29 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Here's a nice Christian preacher who blamed the abolitionists for the war.
So we should all follow his opinion ?????