The Confederacy was About Slavery

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 06:48 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
it is never a valid excuse for bad behavior.For that we all bear our own responsibility.
Your bad behaviour is due to alcoholism . And arrogance . And a chip on your shoulder . How did you bang up your arm anyway ? Come off a bike ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 06:51 am
@snood,
Well of course if someone disagrees with a black man about slavery he must be mad.....every black man has a doctorate in the causes of slavery and the Civil War....that goes without saying....

I wouldnt feel safe in the company of Gomer the Turd and **** for brains if I were you.....they are self proclaimed experts in everything . If they didnt have me, they would turn on you in a heartbeat .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 06:54 am
@farmerman,
The North destroyed the South for nothing more than reasons of power and now its come back to bite you...and your out is to come up with "slavery deniers"...what is that ? Do you even know what you are babbling about ? It is always the fault of the South isnt it ? They have more racists, more "slavery deniers" more everything that is bad.....dey's niggers, boss !
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 06:56 am
A very popular saying from my childhood was, "Save your Confederate money, boys. The south is gonna rise again." Yee-haaa
DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:03 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
As a kid, I remember this "letters to the editor" battle about the "lost cause" ,"states rights" , and other code words .

I think it's simply cognitive dissonance. "My ancestors couldn't possibly have been so evil as to fight for slavery, so the war couldn't have been fought over slavery."

Meanwhile, they don't want to share their water fountains.
Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:10 am
@Setanta,
You boys are so nice......not only do you hate non americans but you also love blacks and hate the south....no wonder you think the war was fought out of love....

Quote:
he so obviously knows nothing about the subject
There you have it...**** for brains greatest fear....he will obviously know nothing....(I think they are already on to you!)...is that why you hastily research a subject and then show up hoping to appear knowledgeable ? Yet you no nothing of the little details that take a lifetime to accumulate...tell us about how Napoleon introduced conscription in 1815, you dullard . Didnt do enough research before jumping into that one did you ? How many threads where you have been proven wrong do you just slink away like a cowered dog....

Would you say you so obviously know nothing about history subjects ?
Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:13 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The North fought the war to preserve the Union.
Will you be telling the others or shall I because they think the North fought it to free the slaves . But having agreed we can move on . We have eliminated half the equation for the war was fought to free the slaves, now why did the South want to keep slaves ? Anyone ? Yes, the **** for brains wearing the dunces hat in the corner.....
Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:16 am
@edgarblythe,
If it does, it will be because of the sheer bloody minded attitude of the North in the first place...what kind of people decide to cripple the Souths economy and kill as many as possible of their own countrymen to prevent them from seceding again ? Who does that ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:19 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
My ancestors couldn't possibly have been so evil as to fight for slavery
We agree . They didnt fight for slavery . They fought for their people . The rich were hoping to benefit by keeping slavery but that has nothing to do with why the war was fought by th poor .

Quote:
Meanwhile, they don't want to share their water fountains.
Public water fountains are a bad idea no matter who drinks from them .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:24 am
@Ionus,
There is no evidence that anyone here (other than you) alleges that the North fought the war to free the slaves. Once again, given that it doesn't seem to have sunk in with you, the thread is about the Confederacy, which was founded to defend the institution of slvary--it has never been about why the North fought the war. In fact, because of the make-up of Congress, and the constitutional advantage enjoyed by slave states, slavery wasn't threatened until the southern states seceded.

So, in fact, you and i agree about nothing--the reason being that you don't know a goddamned thing about American history. This is an hysterically laughable example of your ignorance . . . i really couldn't belive you had written this ****, but the evidence is there:

Anus wrote:
Why did they have slavery, because that was what they were fighting for, not slavery itself .
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:25 am
@Ionus,
At no time did i state or imply that Napoleon introduced conscription in 1815. He conscripted right along according to a schedule, from 1801 onward--but he simply organized it, it had been in effect since 1794. If you're so damned sure about this, like the post in which you claim i wrote it. Liar.

You're a liar as well as an ignoramus, but that will surprise no one here.

By the way, idiot, the "poor people" of the South to whom you refer fought because Jefferson Davis instituted conscription, with the grudging consent of the Confederate States Congress. In fact, the Confederate States instituted conscription before it was introduced in the United States. Once again, you demonstrate your profound ignorance of history.
Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:47 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Why did they have slavery, because that was what they were fighting for, not slavery itself .
Of course you don't understand cause and effect . I call you **** for brains partly for your lack of intelligence and partly for your twisted personality...more twists then a snake on a spiral staircase .

Are you seriously saying you don't understand or are you deliberately trying to make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:59 am
@Ionus,
I'm sure that you know the ICD-10 number(s) yourself ...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 08:12 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
He conscripted right along according to a schedule, from 1801 onward--but he simply organized it, it had been in effect since 1794.
You just said it again you moron ! He didnt have conscription for the army in 1815 . He relied on the King's army and volunteers .

Quote:
By the way, idiot, the "poor people" of the South to whom you refer fought because Jefferson Davis instituted conscription, with the grudging consent of the Confederate States Congress. In fact, the Confederate States instituted conscription before it was introduced in the United States. Once again, you demonstrate your profound ignorance of history.
Did you know I left out why their uniform was grey...I suppose you will google that and post it declaring yourself the winner of some imaginary contest....so you are saying the poor people of the south did not fight to keep slavery.....did anyone fight to keep slavery ?

I have trouble believing you really think you know history...did your dog tell you that and you fed it afterwards for being a good dog ? You could be legally declared an idiot and go on a pension....give it a try...you could buy a book on history .
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:24 am
@DrewDad,
That's funny! and spot on.
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:40 am
@snood,
youn a filipino junkie and a n exprert ofn the confederaxcy?
what's your connection?
you got no idea what you're tqling about
learnn some history

Quote:
Shenandoah, CSS an iron-framed full-rigged ship with auxiliary steam power and teak planking. The Confederate government bought it from the British in 1864 and converted it to a ship-of-war in the waters off Madeira. The Shenandoah was assigned to disrupt commerce in areas not directly affected by the Civil War, and was very successful, pursuing merchant ships along the Cape of Good Hope—Australia route and the whaling fleet in the Pacific. Learning of the Confederate surrender on June 23 , 1865, commanding officer James I. Waddell chose to continue hostile activities, and went on to capture additional prizes, the last eleven of those taken near the Arctic Circle in a period of only seven hours.
The CSS Shenandoah was at sea for an entire year, traveled 58,000 miles, and captured a total of thirty-eight Union ships. Two thirds of that number were captured after the Civil War had ended.

How to cite this entry:
"Shenandoah, CSS" The Oxford Essential Dictionary of the U.S. Military. Berkley Books, 2001. Oxford Reference Online. Oxford University Press.

most confederacy men had no slaves and no use for any
obama has no more confederate blood than you do
at least he knows it and bastards like yoruself don't
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

As ugly as it is, i think it is germane to post Rudyard Kipling's poem, "The White Man's Burden." He wrote it addressing the Americans, upon their victory in the Spanish War, with particular reference to the conquest of the Philippine Islands.

Take up the White Man's burden--
Send forth the best ye breed--
Go, bind your sons to exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait, in heavy harness,
On fluttered folk and wild--
Your new-caught sullen peoples,
Half devil and half child.

In patience to abide,
To veil the threat of terror
And check the show of pride;
By open speech and simple,
An hundred times made plain,
To seek another's profit
And work another's gain.

The savage wars of peace--
Fill full the mouth of Famine,
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.

No iron rule of kings,
But toil of serf and sweeper--
The tale of common things.
The ports ye shall not enter,
The roads ye shall not tread,
Go, make them with your living
And mark them with your dead.

Take up the White Man's burden,
And reap his old reward--
The blame of those ye better
The hate of those ye guard--
The cry of hosts ye humour
(Ah, slowly!) toward the light:--
"Why brought ye us from bondage,
Our loved Egyptian night?"

Ye dare not stoop to less--
Nor call too loud on Freedom
To cloak your weariness.
By all ye will or whisper,
By all ye leave or do,
The silent sullen peoples
Shall weigh your God and you.

Take up the White Man's burden!
Have done with childish days--
The lightly-proffered laurel,
The easy ungrudged praise:
Comes now, to search your manhood
Through all the thankless years,
Cold, edged with dear-bought wisdom,
The judgment of your peers.

The arrogance and hubris is appalling, no?

how come you're the first man to notice that?

snood boy gotto love the poem it's about the spaniards losing his homeland the philippines?
you posted the wrong poem for his feeelings
hahaha

talk talk talk, know nothing
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:45 am
@ABE5177,
You just can't claim "no nothing" without explaining why. Is that the extent of your intellect?
ABE5177

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
i explained why

he post the poem with disparaging rmaarks
about kipleing
to suck up to snood boy
but he forgot snood is filipino

the spanish empire lost bigtime in tahat war
inclusidng that colony

know nothing
is right for setanta
hoist on his own petard
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:58 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Hey A2Kers-who-are-not -slavery-deniers,

I think it may be that the APA needs to look into adding a new disorder into the DSM.

I'm serious. Look at the impenetrable dissonance; the venomous acrimony...

I think that for some, the exquisite pain of waking up, day in and day out, in a world that has a black man as POTUS and a black family living in the White House, has actually caused emotional dysfunction in some of our dear brethern.

Maybe they could call it Obama Adjustment Disorder.

Whether you are joking or not, I believe this is a real thing, and it's what drives the majority of the acrimony against him; the unceasing attempt to prove that he is 'other,' not a 'real American.' It infests the minds of the right-wing posters here and in our larger discourse.

The funny thing is that they believe that we are all fooled, that we can't tell what is going on. Like we haven't lived with them our whole lives. I'm from the South and I know exactly what people are doing, with their dog-whistles and code phrases. I know exactly who they are trying to appeal to and what their message is. And when these guys think you're not listening, they don't even bother hiding it. I have had a couple of hairy moments over the last few years when I had to directly confront people regarding their racist attitudes towards the prez...

Cycloptichorn