Israel Kills 10 in Palestinian Aid Convoy

Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:08 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
I provided a multiple account source which builds the timeline of events.
Where ? Multiple account ? Sources ? Timeline ? Where ? Provide a verifiable source. Otherwise, I accept your retraction.

Quote:
I'm dealing in facts Io.
Rubbish ! You are dealing in emotions. You love to get worked up and pretend you care. What is the selfish motive here ?
Quote:
I don't have to slow down and hold your hand through this process.
Your interest in holding my hand is just as strange as Gomer's interest in my bum and equally unwanted.

How is this for a timeline :

1) The Gaza Strip has been blockaded by Israel and Egypt since June 2007

2) The ships knew before they would be at least be redirected to Israel if not they would be forcibly stopped and boarded.

3) The ships and their passengers and crew went anyway. This is stage one in deciding to provoke the military.

4) The ships were called on radio and told to proceed to Israel. They refused.
This is stage two in provoking the military.

5) Several ships were boarded without incident. They knew this and had no reason to be afraid.

6) The weapons used were not lying around in deck and were easy at hand. They had to be selected prior. The Israelis made it clear by dropping stun grenades and firing warning shots they were not there to be massacred. The response by the activists was to attack the Israelis in force as they landed one at a time. Some Israelis were stabbed, some bludgeoned with iron bars and one was thrown overboard. This is stage three in provoking the military.

7) Some "Peace Activists" had taken Israeli weapons and intended to use them. This is stage four in provoking the military.

8) Israelis opened fire killing several activists.

You have played right into the hands of terrorists, not "Peace Activists" by your sympathy for a pack of violent thugs who felt so righteous they would murder Israelis. Somehow the world press went for it. Must have been a slow news week.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:10 pm
@msolga,
Just imagine for one minute...thats not too long of your time....that you live with your family within missile range of Gaza.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:20 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
Am I supposed to feel sorry for these soldiers? They created this situation,
Have you even heard of politicians ? Why dont these activists have responsibilty for trying to run a blockade ?
Quote:
If Ionus and you think this issue is black and white or pick-a-enemy, you're ******* idiots.
Why do you think the activists are not responsible for their own actions ? Because it makes you feel powerful to rage against governments, a mini-JTT. What if it was New York cops attacked by protestors in exactly the same manner in tight confines so the Police couldnt withdraw ? The Israelis showed great discipline in being attacked by lethal weapons and not returning fire straight away.
Quote:
You've obviously no actual understanding of this situation since you've now referred to them as smugglers three times.

smug·gle (smgl)
v. smug·gled, smug·gling, smug·gles
v.tr.
1. To import or export without paying lawful customs charges or duties.
2. To bring in or take out illicitly or by stealth.
Exactly why dont you think it fits the definition of smuggling ?

Quote:
I was perhaps mistaken, when I assumed you wished to be taken seriously.
I am quite sure you wish to be taken seriously, but you are punching too far above your own weight division.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:24 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
You point out carefully crafted bits of propaganda interspersed with nuggets of truthiness.
Perhaps, but you rage at how evil the world is and if it would only do what you say things would be much better. You know of war crimes yet you keep quiet about it instead of bringing charges to bear....dont mention propaganda as it will only backfire...you are the poster child for left whingers.
JTT

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:51 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
but you rage at how evil the world is and if it would only do what you say things would be much better.

You really do have a difficult time staying with the facts. I have pointed out the war crimes/terrorism of the United States. Those are the things that are evil.

Critical thinking sure ain't your long suit. Thinking ain't even your long suit. That's what 24 year's of military experience will do for you.
Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:54 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Critical thinking sure ain't your long suit. Thinking ain't even your long suit. That's what 24 year's of military experience will do for you.
I am sorry you were sodomised by an entire division but you are going to have to get over it and get a life. Raging against how others have power and you are pathetic does nothing to improve your lot in life. Smell the flowers.
JTT

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:11 pm
@Ionus,
What is it with you and your silly fantasies about group and gang rape? Is this your idea of critical thinking? Is this the sum total of your 24 years of military experience speaking?
Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:14 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
What is it with you and your silly fantasies about group and gang rape?
What is it with your constant fantasising about how evil the military is and how you have secret knowledge of war crimes but dont do anything ?
JTT

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:33 pm
@Ionus,
Why can't you stay on track? I said,

"I have pointed out the war crimes/terrorism of the United States."

and you come back with this inanity;

Quote:
What is it with your constant fantasising about how evil the military is and how you have secret knowledge of war crimes but dont do anything ?

It's no secret, dumbo. Can you read?

======================================

CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY

US official documents that have been recently been declassified show that, between October 1960 and April 1961, the CIA smuggled in 75 tons of explosives into Cuba during 30 clandestine air operations, and infiltrated 45 tons of weapons and explosives during 31 sea incursions. Also during that short seven-month time span, the CIA carried out 110 attacks with dynamite, planted 200 bombs, derailed six trains and burned 150 factories and 800 plantations.

Between 1959 and 1997, the United States carried out 5,780 terrorist actions against Cuba " 804 of them considered as terrorist attacks of significant magnitude, including 78 bombings against the civil population that caused thousands of victims.

Terrorist attacks against Cuba have cost 3,478 lives and have left 2,099 people permanently disabled. Between 1959 and 2003, there were 61 hijackings of planes or boats. Between 1961 and 1996, there were 58 attacks from the sea against 67 economic targets and the population.

The CIA has directed and supported over 4,000 individuals in 299 paramilitary groups. They are responsible for 549 murders and thousands of people wounded.

In 1971, after a biological attack, half a million pigs had to be killed to prevent the spreading of swine fever. In 1981, the introduction of dengue fever caused 344,203 victims killing 158 of whom 101 were children. On July 6th, 1982, 11,400 cases were registered in one day alone.

Most of these aggressions were prepared in Florida by the CIA-trained and financed extreme right wing of Cuban origin.

========================

Nicaragua v. United States

The Court found in its verdict that the United States was "in breach of its obligations under customary international law not to use force against another State", "not to intervene in its affairs", "not to violate its sovereignty", "not to interrupt peaceful maritime commerce", and "in breach of its obligations under Article XIX of the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between the Parties signed at Managua on 21 January 1956."

==========================

Tiger Force: A New Report Uncovers Multiple Atrocities Committed By An Elite Platoon in 1967 Vietnam

We speak with the Toledo Blade reporter who uncovered this month massacres committed by U.S. troops in Vietnam on the scale of My Lai that had gone unreported for 36 years. Tiger Force troops torched villages, executed prisoners, and slaughtered unarmed farmers as well as their wives and children, killing hundreds.

A report this month in the Toledo Blade uncovers massacres committed by U.S. troops in Vietnam that has gone unreported for 36 years.

In a story that has never been told, an elite platoon torched villages, executed prisoners, and slaughtered an untold number of unarmed civilians between May and November, 1967.

The platoon was called Tiger Force. A small, highly trained unit of 45 paratroopers, Tiger Force was created to spy on enemy forces in one of the most highly contested areas of South Vietnam: the Central Highlands.

For seven months in 1967, they violently lost control and carried out the longest series of atrocities in the Vietnam War.

As their commanders looked the other way, Tiger Force troops dropped grenades into underground bunkers where women and children were hiding. They shot unarmed civilians, in some cases as they begged for their lives. They frequently tortured and shot prisoners, severing ears and scalps for souvenirs.

After learning about the atrocities a few years later, the Army investigated the platoon for 4 1/2 years, finding numerous eyewitnesses and substantiating war crimes. The case reached the highest levels of the Pentagon and the Nixon White House. But in the end, no one was prosecuted and the case buried in the archives for three decades.

http://www.democracynow.org/2003/10/29/tiger_force_a_new_report_uncovers
failures art

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:37 pm
So let me get this straight, the Berlin Airlift was a bunch of illegal smugglers violating a perfectly legal blockade?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Blockade

Dazzle me with some double talk squirt gun!

A
R
T
Ionus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 11:56 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
US official documents
Which documents ?
Quote:
The Court found in its verdict
Which court ?
Quote:
Tiger Force: A New Report
What New Report ?

Citing other whackos as experts is hardly trumps. If your delusions of 'War Crimes being common place', and that I have committed them, is accurate why dont you get off your fat lazy arse and do something about it instead of wringing your hands and moaning all the time ?

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:01 am
@failures art,
Are you under the delusion the West Berliners were firing rockets into Soviet Germany ?
failures art

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:07 am
@Ionus,
That's that double talk I wanted to hear. You're hypocrisy is gourmet, Io.

A
R
T
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:09 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Are you under the delusion the West Berliners were firing rockets into Soviet Germany ?

Just a question in between: are you aware that Berlin was a four sector city? (Until 1990, by the way)? And that Germany was divided into four zones, not just and only occupied by the USSR?
Ionus

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 02:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Actually I thought (incorrectly) that it was unified when West Germany was unified by the three occupying powers. Thanks for the info.

What I was referring to was the allied part(s) Vs the Soviet East.
Ionus

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 02:51 am
@failures art,
Quote:
You're hypocrisy is gourmet, Io.
Coming from someone as impractical and demanding as you, that is a tantamount to calling me non-radical......a compliment in my neck of the woods.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:16 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

What I was referring to was the allied part(s) Vs the Soviet East.

Well, that's we I'd made that response: the allied forces (in past WWII Germany) until 1991 were France, the UK, the USA and the USSR.
(The former Russian Zone was established in 1949 and became independent in 1955.)

Germany remained under military occupation by all four Allies until 15 March 1991, when the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany (signed on 12 September 1990) was finally ratified by all four (five) formerly allied countries (and Germany).
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:32 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Pointing out the truth is usually what I do best.

Now that's hilarious, Oralboy. You point out carefully crafted bits of propaganda interspersed with nuggets of truthiness.

Liar.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:34 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
So let me get this straight, the Berlin Airlift was a bunch of illegal smugglers violating a perfectly legal blockade?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Blockade

No. The Berlin Airlift was a bunch of LEGAL smugglers violating a perfectly legal blockade.

Blockades and running them are matters of war. The USSR could have chosen to go to war to enforce the blockade, and the US could have chosen to go to war to break it.

Likewise, Turkey would be free to go to war to try to break the Israeli blockade, and Israel would be free to go to war to enforce it. (The US would back Israel in such a war.)

In both cases there is no crime committed. It is just a matter of war, and the decision of whether or not to go to war.

failures art wrote:
Dazzle me with some double talk squirt gun!

A
R
T

No. I'm not much interested in double talk (and even if I tried I doubt I'd be good enough to dazzle).
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:42 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
Ionus wrote:

That's that double talk I wanted to hear. You're hypocrisy is gourmet, Io.

A
R
T

I don't see any double talk or hypocrisy.

It is true that Ionus' distinction does not address the question of legality, but it is a valid moral point.

The Israeli blockade is only to prevent Gazans from firing artillery at Israeli civilians, and came only after such a bombardment over a prolonged period. That is a moral justification that cannot be claimed for the Soviet blockade of Berlin.

And speaking of crimes, it was illegal for the Gazans to fire artillery at Israeli civilians. It is also illegal for the Gazans to hold an Israeli soldier in a manner that violates the standards of treatment for POWs.

If you are interested in illegality, the only criminals here are the Gazans.
0 Replies