Is the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism?

RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:36 pm
@farmerman,
Perhaps if black parishioners armed themselves and protected their churches from arsonists, no forget it. In the south they would send them to jail for interfearing with a white assholes right to burn churches.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:45 pm
Another black church is burning right now. One that has been burned before.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2015 10:53 pm
@revelette2,

When I was in undergrad, the KKK held a march not too far from campus. There were only maybe 5 marchers and many dozens of people counter-marching against them. It was a fun day.
revelette2

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 02:49 pm
@FBM,
Hopefully, there will be counter marches which far outweigh the KKK march.
Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 12:46 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Perhaps if black parishioners armed themselves and protected their churches from arsonists, no forget it. In the south they would send them to jail for interfearing with a white assholes right to burn churches.
Have you always been mentally ill or do you blame your lack of intelligence ? Not saying you dont have the right to express an opinion, but do you have to be a racist ? Of course all the northerners who are racist against southerners marked you up . Pack of low life jerks the lot of you .
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 12:51 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Hopefully, there will be counter marches which far outweigh the KKK march.

It just now occurred to me that I could've used that as a hook-up opportunity. I could've asked a black girl to go with me so we could kiss in front of the KKK idjits and piss them off. This occurs to me 25 years too late. *sigh*
Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 12:56 am
@FBM,
Nah, that's amateur hour...if you really want to piss them off, take a black man and kiss him....or get him to kiss a white girl.... Very Happy
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 10:06 am
South Carolina's Confederate flag will be removed Friday

bout time
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 12:52 pm
@revelette2,
well, now we celebrate southern heritage by venerating things like sweet ice tea, collard greens in pot likker, sweet potato pie, spoon bread, and The Tidewater's famous hospitality/

Thats my south
revelette2

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 02:05 pm
@farmerman,
Never could handle collard greens myself, I remember sneaking down my pockets when I was made to eat them when little. You forgot fried cornbread in bacon grease, fried chicken, corn on the cob smothered in butter, mashed taters, gravy and homemade buttermilk biscuit's and peach cobbler. Getting hungry. At least that was our typical Sunday picnic swatting flies.
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 02:34 pm
@revelette2,
I was going for brevity, not a menu. ANYWAY, anybody dont like collards aint a true suthner...
Course, I cant stand the hell outta grits. We roll em into mush balls and use em for catty bait
FBM

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 03:27 pm
Y'all 'er makin' me hongry...
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 04:27 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry, missed lunch. I'm trying to get away from those foods. Anyway, I'm not that far south, I tried it once, sort of flavorless but ok.. I get that all the time about collards, but yuck. We use spam or hotdogs.

The confederate flag does belong in the museum. Glad they are finally taking it down.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 04:34 pm
@farmerman,
Texas ain't that much into what is known as traditional southern fare, in my opinion. To be honest, I don't know what is really followed, tradition-wise here, anymore. We have Tex-Mex, among certain segments, and barbecue, but I don't see people collectively following any traditions. But I don't get out that much and this could be why.
FBM

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 05:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've got a friend from Texas over here. He'd never seen grits before. When he took a trip back home last year, I asked him to pick me up some. He said he went into a supermarket and asked for them, but at first nobody knew what they were. After some asking around, they finally found somebody who pointed him in the right direction. But they were instant grits. Rolling Eyes
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 05:51 pm
@FBM,
I would not eat grits, sam i am. Not in a box, not in a can. Not sprinkled with Spam, not if you try to cram. I do not eat grits, sam i am.
FBM

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 06:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heh heh. I get that reaction a lot. I reckon I need not bring up the brains and eggs, then.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 06:24 pm
@FBM,
nobody in the grit eatin south would stoop to eat instant grits.

EB_I dont think of TExas as SOUTH I think of it as WEST.

Im a BarBecue boy from waay back. I could live on ribs (pork or beef surprise me)
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 06:38 pm
@farmerman,
I agree that we are west. In grade school, the teachers labeled us as southwest. Same thing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 06:43 pm
@farmerman,
I don't think of Texas.

kidding

I like gritty grits and I like the course polenta I used to get in italian markets in big sacks, make do with bulk corn meal these days.

I got pretty confused when I moved to New Mexico, even re what anyone means by southwest. Apparently, the very south and west southern california isn't southwest. Some other things have taken me a while to get over around here, like, uh, drainage and various matters in construction or landscape practice.
I'm still perplexed by the enthusiasm of the city for big rocks dropped from the sky in parking strips and median strips. The rocks just sit there like they plopped from a basket in the air, a kind of rock decor, every x number of feet. Well, don't get me going. I see this thread is about racism and flags.

0 Replies