What are the rewards of being in a long-term relationship?

trulylost

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 05:36 am
@kickycan,
if it's the wrong person then most probably there would be no rewards (unless you consider sex as one), however, if it's the right person, every second is a reward, my parents had been together for 44yrs and going, now that my brother and myself left the house they still have each other. When you're young freedom is what life revolves about, never the less, once you start growing older, your priorities change, you want someone to share your stories with, someone to share a life with, to have kids with and to watch them grow into successful people who puts a smile on your face, you want a story to tell, you want a legacy, you want someone who understands your needs without you talking about them, a person to trust with your life, sure there are challenges (raising the kids, mortgage, daily problems, life routine, etc...) and you need someone to assist you through them. LTR are great if you're with the right person, however, if you're with the wrong one, you're screwed.
0 Replies

Seaumas

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 04:15 am
@kickycan,
I'm sixty-five and have been married for most of it. The greatest advantage I can see is the intimacy, love and synchronicity. In such a relationship each one cares for, does for, cherishes and nurtures the other. Its also really nice and warm and safe in here. The stability of a healthy long term relationship, to me, means a long term marriage. It means total commitment, acceptance, dedication and desire to be with your lover, no matter what (with very few exceptions) for the rest of your life; yes, it sort of becomes one entity. Too many relationships are recreational, convenient, temporary fun or an opportunity to selfishly use one another. There is only one legitimate reason to marry and that is for love. And both parties must be so committed and sure that they know there is no turning back. did you know that in general long time married couples who are in love live far longer than most folks. They stay and act younger, too. I look at my beautiful wife and she is still 25, though I don't how she could ever see me as anything but the DOM I am. I've never had other than long term relationships, but have never been without a beautiful, brilliant, talented, strong and sexy loving woman. Guess I'm justr lucky. But fortune favors the prepared. Good Fortune. Inna Lova da Vita.
0 Replies

VikitoSt

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2013 03:53 pm
@kickycan,
The firs thing is that you are not likely to get STD. And no - the condom will not protect you from them. The other benefits are pretty much listed by the other people. But you know if you are that ego kind of person then don't do it. You must feel that you want to be in a relationship with somebody in order to start the relationship.
0 Replies

Nom de plume

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 12:24 am
@kickycan,
It depends on your life desires. If you are willing to compromise, answer to someone else, be responsible for someone else and to give them a certain power over you in your life than a long term relationship can be rewarding. You could find someone to trust, share your fears, your successes, someone who is happy to see you at the end of a miserable day, someone to make a life with. If you cannot make these sacrifices than it would be better for all for you to stay alone and not inflict pain on someone else. Mankind's condition is such that he is designed to have a mate. Sure, there are many things to do alone, but holding a baby, having said baby smile at you. Knowing this child is completely dependent upon you. And knowing you would lay down your life for that tiny little life. These are the moments that make it worth it. Life is full of give and take.
0 Replies

LiveLoughLaugh24

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:30 pm
@kickycan,
Well, they both have pros and cons.
Yes, being alone means being able to have more freedom, fun, and make choices on your own with out having to compromise.
HOWEVER
I think that if you are in a healthy relationship with a compatible partner these things can be possible with some limitations of course.

So to answer your question I'll ask you a question. What is the GREATEST thing we all hope for wish for and desire....as human beings ...no matter what gender race age ..etc....it's LOVE !
One of the biggest rewards of being in a long-term relationship is all of the love. Also, when your in a long-term relationship perhaps you desire to be married one day and have kids and this person you are in a relationship with could be a potential life long mate.
You never have to worry about being lonely because that person (if not long distance) is always there.
You always have some one to talk to.

just to name a few....
ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:49 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Gads, I miss Kicky.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 03:15 pm
@ossobuco,
So do I! Come back kickycan.
0 Replies