What are the rewards of being in a long-term relationship?

Green Witch

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 04:16 pm
@ghostinthemachine702,
Maybe you should work on becoming "husband material" or at least good boyfriend material. Smart women look for stable men who they don't have to be a mother to, but rather an equal partner. If they only stuck around for a month I would also suggest you work on your love making talents. If a girl tells you she just wants sex she is lying to make you feel better about her lack of interest in the relationship. It's easy for a woman to find sex, it's hard for woman to find sex with a man she respects and feels is worth her time.
ghostinthemachine702

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 04:26 pm
@Green Witch,
lol. i seriously doubt it. i think they realize im not a good boyfriend, but im a generous lover. i dont know how to be a boyfriend. well, iono.

why would they pick me up, drop me off, buy me lunch, buy me dog food even when i insist on paying for it i just didnt want to carry it home so i asked if they could give me a ride?

if they can get laid so easy why come back?

it doesnt make sense.

oh, i mean it could be my lazy eye, eye contact is so crucial, yet so unattainable for me. sometimes, when i focus my eye straight i cant really see anything. i guess it can be embarrassing, and one reason i quit smoking weed period and drinking in public.

my x i was dating for a month i think is trying to be my girl again, but im not sure and im honestly scared to ask because shes the only girl who has ever satisfied me,(sexually and mentally, emotionally? i didnt have enough time to gauge that) and i dont want to risk pushing her away. and i dont have a real life yet. (i might even be in love with her, i just wont let myself admit it to myself) she loves robots, and video games, and shes artistic.

lol.

that was quite possible the stupidest thing ive ever said.
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 06:21 pm
@ghostinthemachine702,
Quote:
... why would they pick me up, drop me off, buy me lunch, buy me dog food...

Actually, THIS is probably (I hope) the stupidest thing you've ever said.
ghostinthemachine702

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 08:12 pm
@BorisKitten,
lol. actually its not.
ghostinthemachine702

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 09:15 pm
@ghostinthemachine702,
if i aqsked them to, or simply let them do it, id understand.

once i straight up put the money for my **** in a girls purse when she wasnt looking, she wouldnt let me pay for it.

i hate making scenes, so i figured id at least have the knowledge that she paid for nothing, and i carried my own weight.

she immediately noticed and got mad.

i tried to deny it was mine and maybe she forgot it there

what is wrong with me? ahh. good grief.

plainoldme

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:33 pm
@Green Witch,
Speaking for myself . . . and maybe I should keep my fingers off the keyboard . . . but sex goes bad for me when the relationship is failing.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:36 pm
@ghostinthemachine702,
No, that's not true. While there is a body of theory from a couple of fields that indicates the 30s are a time of digging in and being a homebody, many people today do not marry until they are in their 30s. Although (supposedly) the divorce rate is declining a bit, once people are in their forties, the great marital shuffle begins and people become available once again.

The way I look at, at most times during a life span, close to 50% of the people are available.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:39 pm
@ghostinthemachine702,
I think you have a long way to go before you are relationship material. You need to assume responsibility. You need to learn how to conduct a conversation. After you do those two things, you can work on reducing the size of your ego.
Izzie

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 05:55 pm
@ghostinthemachine702,
Hey Og, thought that was you there hunni.

Listen love, I don't think you're meeting the ladies who are looking to settle down with. If you want more from the relationship then you need to learn to talk and listen to a prospective date. Mebbe quit the date and run thing ya know - remember, we've seen you, you're a good looking fella and you have potential - your IQ is high - you need IMHO to focus on what you want - you're floundering still. How the work going Og.... where you living now?

(((OG))) x

and Kickmeister - ahhhhhhhhh babe - you shouldn't have work so hard and compromise so much darlin' - you've fallen for this girl and there have been some major ups and downs since a? You're a good bloke too - there's plenty of gals out in NY and around the world - don't settle down until you are sure - you seem as tho you are thinking this is a last chance - there's a world out there man, go get it. If you think you are in love.... then think carefully - does she seem to fit into your life as much as she wants you to fit into her. I can't imagine your a 'tow the line' fella - you seem pretty strong to me - tho I reckon your mushy inside. Keep strong and go with the courage of your convictions. Good luck mate. x

Hey don't listen to me... i'm on own... i know nothzzzzzzzzzzzzzing Wink
0 Replies

ghostinthemachine702

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:43 am
@plainoldme,
puh-lease. the size of my ego? its nonexistent.

responsiblity for what? another person besides myself?

hah.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 06:58 am
Well, I always thought I'd find someone at university, and I haven't, and that's a bit worrying, since if there's no-one within a set of 3000 people who are meant to have the same interests as me then I suppose there's not too much chance ever, really.
But I'm just choosing to stay optimistic, since:
In these days people are going to stay single for longer and settle down later... probably.
Soon they're probably going to invent a REALLY good dating website, which everyone will sign up to, which basically records each facet of your personality in minute detail, and then finds your perfect match.
Yes, this is definitely going to happen. Everything will be fine.
I will find a blonde german boy with a lust for traveling doing some kind of phd in the social sciences. Definitely.

plainoldme

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 10:33 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
I thought that as well. I had hoped that Mr. Possible (as there is more than one mr. right) would come into my life and we would develop a relationship that would help both of us finish and establish careers. That's one of the benefits of a hypothetical long term romance.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 10:35 am
@ghostinthemachine702,
Anyone who is always right . . . as you proclaim yourself to be by saying everyone else is wrong and by bragging about his skill as a lover (to which I say has to be absent as a lover is someone is who there all the time and not just between the sheets . . . but . . . I can already hear your nay saying) . . . is an egoist writ large.

And you have yet to take responsibility for yourself. Do you live in your old room, or in your parent's basement or their garage?
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:04 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I thought that as well. I had hoped that Mr. Possible (as there is more than one mr. right) would come into my life and we would develop a relationship that would help both of us finish and establish careers. That's one of the benefits of a hypothetical long term romance.

Oh god, so worrying.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 06:38 pm
I can't really even imagine a "long term" marriage where the sex is a little off.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:35 pm
@Pemerson,
Both times, my partner blamed me. The first said it was because I had been pregnant three time. The other said it was menopause. No and no.
Pemerson

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 07:57 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Both times, my partner blamed me. The first said it was because I had been pregnant three time. The other said it was menopause. No and no.

You are well rid of those two! I'm wishing a very easy going, fun, intelligent guy for you.
You said your husband sulked? You know, that is mental torture. My husband did that when we first got married but quit just as easily as anything. Where do they get that, their mother?

I was raised in an orphanage so nobody told us what we should do, as women. I would scare Hawkeye10 to death. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2010 10:26 pm
@Mame,
That post was brilliant, Mame. I've been trying to figure out what is better in my current relationship - and I think you nailed it. With some relationships, you are getting so much of what you need in certain areas - that you don't mind giving more in other areas. Of course, the whole thing may go in the crapper Thursday, but damn Tuesday is good.
0 Replies

born2luvchildren

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 01:00 pm
@kickycan,
I'm not going to lie it is awful! I met my husband on a blind date, We I first saw him I knew I was going to marry him. He lived 250 mile from where I lived. I saw him maybe once or twice a month, we had relatives who lived in the same town. I chose a college where we would only 90 mile apart. I was in school for 3 days and he calls that he has been called to go into service. He joined the Air Force. Went to Texas for training and 6months later he went to California 2300 miles from where I was. Then I saw him once a year. We were married 6 years to the date we met.
Sorry for the long story.
After a while I wondered about how this was going to work out. I was so lonely. I just kept busy. We would write each other everyday. US Mail.

We have been married 37 years. He is the most caring and loving man any women would love.
We love each other very much and tell each other many times a day.

You need to set your sites to where you want to be and with whom. If you both work on it, it can be great in the end. Well worth the wait.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:44 pm
@born2luvchildren,
Your username is hilarious.
0 Replies