indeed...

may he rest in peace.

hug the wife for us.

hey to punky...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 06:03 am
@ossobuco,
Then the tax was $182.3 million. Is that right?

The lottery is a tax collection scheme. What??--60%!!!

The lottery prizes here are tax free.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 05:38 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJSXK_VICA

The guy with the glasses is funny.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 05:57 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deQu9x1HSSY

Who does your house look like ?

In Flight entertainment. Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 06:04 pm
@spendius,
Not only that, they usually try to spread the payout over a number of years. If you demand immediate payment, you get a discounted amount based on the present value formula. They partially try to justify this by saying the lump sum payment would put you into a higher tax bracked. Truth is, the distributed payments would each be in the top bracket, anyway, and noone is looking for tax rates at the highest level to decline, anyway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 04:03 pm
My wife said, "Not long ago, my brother in law found two scratch offs in the trash. They were winners. He collected $75 for each one."

"So?"

"So pick up that scratch off lying beside the truck."

"I'll play your silly game."

We were able to cash it in for $15.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 04:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Brother? Can you spare a dime? Surprised
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 04:12 pm
We're in the money -
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2011 05:36 pm
According to the The Telegraph, among other news outlets, scientists in China have introduced human genes into a herd of cows whose milk contains some of the same properties as breast milk: higher fat content and two human proteins, lysozyme and lactoferrin, which help babies' immune systems.

Professor Ning Li, lead scientist on the project, says:

the GM milk would be as safe to drink as milk from ordinary dairy cows. "The milk tastes stronger than normal milk," he said. "Within 10 years, people will be able to pick up these products at the supermarket."
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 01:16 am
Are You dead? Please reply Immediatly

saw this spam recently.
http://sophosnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/twain-are-you-dead.png?w=485&h=305

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:35 am
@dadpad,
There's nothing funnier than a stupid would be con artist.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 09:11 am
My oddity today is our weather here.

Yesterday, we had clouds, sun, rain, hail, rain, sun, hail, rain, sun, etc! Shocked
dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 09:15 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

My oddity today is our weather here.

Yesterday, we had clouds, sun, rain, hail, rain, sun, hail, rain, sun, etc! Shocked

You have slipped through a time space votex and are now located in Melbourne Australia.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 04:40 pm
Incomprehensibly, House Majority Whip Eric Cantor wants a bill that would mandate that HR1, the House spending bill, would become law if the Senate doesn’t act by next week. Put another way, Cantor want to pass a law that would make a bill that never got through in the past, into law, without any other branch of government participating.

The proposal outlined Wednesday would be an unusual and likely unconstitutional move. Under the bill, the $61 billion budget that passed the House last month and subsequently went nowhere would go into effect if the Senate does not approve a budget by April 6. Plus, it would provide that in the event of a shutdown lasting more than 24 hours, members of Congress and President Obama wouldn’t get paid retroactively for the days the government was shuttered.

The proposal is meant to put pressure on the Senate to give Congress some kind of spending plan to work with so that the government does not arrive empty-handed on its April 8 deadline without a budget, forcing lights out.

It is hard to fathom how a supposedly intelligent elected Member of Congress could think this has any chance of going anywhere outside his fertile imagination.

First, it would effectively deem a prior bill passed, even though it did not clear the Senate or win the president’s signature. Second, it’s unclear why or whether Republicans think the Senate and president would accept the so-called “Government Shutdown Prevention Act” when they didn’t approve the initial House plan.

Government Shutdown Prevention Act? How about the Majority Whip Idiocy Prevention Act?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 11:51 am
134-Year-Old Man Attributes Longevity To Typographical Error
onion.com
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 02:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
"irreducible density" hee hee
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 10:39 pm
See the obvious resemblance?
Hitler & the house, I mean.
Just amazing, isn't it?
No wonder it's receiving global attention! Wink

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/04/05/2289615/hitlerHouseSwansea2_729-420x0.jpg

Quote:
Pictures of the property in Swansea, south Wales, that appears to resemble Hitler's face, have attracted global attention.

Tens of thousands have chuckled to discover the Fuhrer's distinctive features unintentionally recreated in the masonry.

http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/web-kerfuffle-stuns-hitler-house-owner-20110405-1d2mh.html
msolga

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 01:00 am
@msolga,
To be perfectly honest, I can't really see the resemblance, myself.
Incredible isn't it, what can become an "internet phenomenon" these days?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 08:16 am
@msolga,
Somebody has too much time on their hands.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 02:24 pm

I am sending this only to my smart friends. I could not figure it out. My first thought was wrong and I had to look at the answer.
See if you can figure out what these seven words all have in common?

1. Banana
2. Dresser
3. Grammar
4. Potato
5. Revive
6. Uneven
7. Assess