Oddities and Humor

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:33 pm
TSA agent stops D.C. resident, questions if license from nation’s capital legal to board plane
washingtonpost.com
A D.C. teacher says she was stopped at Phoenix airport, and asked for passport.
panzade

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Imagine how Puerto Ricans are scrutinized.
Half our population doesn't realize PRs are Americans.
JTT

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:47 pm
@panzade,
I think the term you are looking for is colonialists or subjects, Pan.

According to scotus,

"territory appurtenant and belonging to the United States, but not a part of the United States."
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:28 am
http://media.veryfunnypics.eu/2013/11/funny-pics-yawning-20-percent-battery-remaining.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:58 am
KHOU 11 News
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: A man who escaped from police custody in North Texas was rearrested after he called 911 to complain his handcuffs were too tight.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 08:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Years ago, I got a Christmas card that I had sent to Albuquerque, New Mexico from Tulsa, Oklahoma back in my mailbox marked
"International Postage Necessary".

Joe(Um...)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:21 pm
Today is her 82nd birthday
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/72152_10152019023141130_744669728_n.jpg
Elizabeth Taylor
panzade

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 01:15 pm
North Korea Claims Lead In Energy Conservation

http://www.freewoodpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/20140227-094849.jpg

A spokesman for the government of North Korea has responded to recent NASA photos taken from the International Space Station showing a nearly black North Korea by claiming the lead in global energy conservation.

“Once again, the United States and Europe are far behind North Korea. First, we vanquished the best basketball players the rest of the world has to offer. We humbled American basketball greats Cliff Robinson, Vin Baker, and Craig Hodges with our North Korean champions. And now we have set the global standard in energy conservation. Our Dear Leader’s efforts to save the planet are at the forefront as usual. We are number one!

Your own spy satellite pictures show the proof of how so many North Korean citizens have voluntarily chosen to turn off their many cutting edge electrical appliances such as 4D television watching machines. All North Koreans live a life of splendor but voluntarily conserve, unlike the rest of the wasteful west and worst Korea. Praise our Dear Leader!”

North Korean per capita power consumption is indeed about 7% that of South Korea, and that figure is reduced to 0.03% when Kim Jung-un’s microwave is excluded.
JTT

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 04:21 pm
@panzade,
How would you feel, Panzade, if the USA had been a recent colony subjected to great brutality. Then the strongest country in the world, let's pretend for a moment that it's Korea, worked with those colonialists to take over from them and colonialize you further.

Let's say they invaded Mexico, installed their own brutal dictator, using him and with their help, crushed all dissent against this new invader, slaughtering tens of thousands in the process.

Then they launched a war against portions of the USA that resisted, killing 13 percent of the us population, "dropping over half a million tons of bombs and thousands of tons of napalm, more than was loosed on the entire Pacific theater in World War II, almost indiscriminately".

Say that "Though the Americans had a reputation for viciousness, according to reliable sources, Korean soldiers actually engaged in more civilian massacres". Say that the Korean high command gave orders to shoot any and every american, to strafe US civilians in and out of their homes, to napalm and bomb cities, towns and villages - "rapes were extremely common".

Okay, enough with the fake what IF - REALITY TIME

One of the worst atrocities was perpetrated by the South Korean police at the small city of Tae Jun. They executed 7,000 political prisoners while Central Intelligence Agency and U.S. military officials looked on, Cumings said. To compound the crime, the Pentagon blamed the atrocity on the Communists, Cumings said. “The Joint Chiefs of Staff classified the photographs of it because they make it clear who’s doing it, and they don’t let the photographs out until 1999 when a Korean finally got them declassified.”

To top that off, the historian says, “the Pentagon did a video movie called ‘Crime of Korea’ where you see shots of pits that go on for like a football field, pit after pit of dead people, and (actor) Humphrey Bogart in a voice-over says, ‘someday the Communists will pay for this, someday we’ll get the full totals and believe me we’ll get the exact, accurate totals of the people murdered here and we will make these war criminals pay.’ Now this is a complete reversal of black and white, done as a matter of policy.” Cumings adds that these events represent “a very deep American responsibility for the regime that we promoted, really more than any other in East Asia (and that) was our creation in the late Forties.” Other atrocities, such as the one at No Gun village, Cumings terms “an American massacre of women and children,” which he lays at the feet of the U.S. military.

Initially, reporters from U.S. magazines’ “Look,” “Saturday Evening Post,” “Collier’s,” and “Life,” could report on anything they saw, the historian said. They reported that “the troops are shooting civilians, the South Korean police are awful, they’re opening up pits and putting hundreds of people in them. This is all true.” Within six months, though, U.S. reporters were muzzled by censors, meaning, “you can’t say anything bad about our South Korean ally. Even if you see them blowing an old lady’s head apart, you can’t say that.” Even though his writings on Korea years after the war ended were not censored, New York Times reporter David Halberstam wrote a book on the Korean War (The Coldest Winter”) in which “he doesn’t mention the bombing of the North (and) mentions the three-year U.S. occupation of South Korea in one sentence, without giving it any significance,” Cumings said. Besides rape, the Pentagon was firebombing North Korean cities more intensively than any of those it firebombed during World War II. Where it was typical for U.S. bombing to destroy between 40 and 50 percent of a city in that war, the destruction rate in North Korea was much higher: Shin Eui Ju, on the Chinese border, 95 percent destroyed; Pyongyang, 85 percent; and Hamhung, an industrial city, 80 percent.”By the end of 1951, there weren’t many bombing targets left in North Korea.”

Read it all, Panzade, at,

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-korean-war-the-unknown-war-the-coverup-of-us-war-crimes/23742

Then consider if that brutal vicious power was to this day sitting on your doorstep threatening you with an annihilation that dwarfs the death and destruction already inflicted upon you in those three short years, 1950-53, just how eager would y'all be to negotiate with them?

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 04:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
In 1932, Edgar, the USA was in the midst of terrorizing the people of China. Despite all the bullshit propaganda raised about the Rape of Nanking, the USA didn't give a rats ass about the people of china until the USA was being locked out on its chances to rape Chinese cities.

The USA was also in El Salvador in '32 protecting USA interests.

And in Washington, D.C. putting down a WWI vet bonus protest.

1932 was just another year in America's greedy march to steal all it could from folks just like you, Ed.

Makes ya feel proud to be American, don't it?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:06 pm
I'm confused, an easy task I agree, but could someone tell me which of the two categories this thread is about, Oddities and Humor, the two previous posts fall into.
All is of it is accurate BTW, it just doesn't fit with what the rest of the thread is about, which is fun.

Also apropos of nothing, I met David Halberstam on at least two occasions where we discussed writing for the news media and whether the American Press ignored whole portions of the world, sub-Saharan Africa for example. His face was as expressionless as a dinner plate and his thoughts on the matter were just as thick.

But, now it's time, at least on this thread, to yuk it up.
I just had my hair done.
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/c9/7b/94c97b014f0c02bdc18b1075a981f8b4.jpg

Joe(I'm not happy with the color)Nation
Eva

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:08 pm
@Joe Nation,
That's about $75 worth of product right there.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:11 pm
@Eva,
And it's hell, HELL, I tell you, when it rains.

Let's not talk about Force 7 Gale that's blowing outside the bar right now.

Joe(It's going to be a long walk home.)Nation

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:13 pm
@Joe Nation,
And that's with sidewalls.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:19 pm
@Joe Nation,
This guy's arms aren't long enough to reach the top of this do. Somebody's helping him!
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:45 pm
@Roberta,
Yes.
Imagine what that conversation is like.

Joe("41 inches high? Sure I can do that.")Nation
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:01 pm
@Joe Nation,
I'm glad you asked that question, Joe. Might I suggest it fits both. Oddity - me talking about the USA. Humor - isn't satire a form of humor.

Beside, I just raised that because I was hoping that we could put our collective heads together to think of more and better ways to help the USA terrorize the people of Korea. I mean, when it comes out that it was actually the USA that was WAR CRIMINAL #1, there will have to be a sea change in our propaganda.

Nothing major for the sheeple but the world is starting to catch on.

What of those questions I posed to Panzade. If the tables were turned would you appreciate you making fun of them?

One more that just came to mind. Doesn't it help the USA to continue to advance this massive web of lies?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:04 pm
@Joe Nation,
I think you should carefully cut off your beard and weave it into your hairdo. That'd be way cool!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:06 pm
@Joe Nation,
Get some inline skates and sail home.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 04:48 pm
I walked in a while ago, to see this story on the TV. A Mississippi man was declared dead. He woke up in a body bag in the morgue. These kind of stories are often urban myths, but this was a breaking news bit.