Ideal A2K couples

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:09 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
I think David owes everyone here an apology.
Again, we disagree.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:26 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
This man speaks of logic and yet assures everyone that despite never having met me,
that Aidan " . . . does not act anything like Plain does."
OK, in fairness, I will concede the following clarification (which I thought was obvious):
it is theoretically possible that in the real world Plain does not act as
shockingly rude and churlishly caustic as she does on this board.

My remarks were confined soley to observed incivilities on A2K.

Let me say that I do not believe that we shoud continue
any further discussion hereof on this thread,
which is a FUN thread and shoud not be dragged down by expressed ill will nor denunciations.

David
engineer

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

which is a FUN thread and shoud not be dragged down by expressed ill will nor denunciations.

Too late. Sad
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:31 pm
@engineer,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
engineer wrote:
Too late. Sad
Not too late; where there is life there is hope.

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:38 pm
Ah, stop it, you two. This a not a political thread.

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 10:02 pm
I'm kind of in love with Thomas('s posts). If he was a she, she could be my cougar, and I could be the pup.

...what?

T
K
Embarrassed
plainoldme

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:03 pm
@Diest TKO,
There is a great deal of wit and wisdom here at a2k.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:07 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Ah, stop it, you two. This a not a political thread.
AGREED!

David
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:50 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I think David owes everyone here an apology.

For what, exactly?
aidan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David - I'm sorry you get a -2 just for being a loyal friend to me...and told to apologize.

But don't worry about it. I also took the fact that Plainoldme and I were seen as being similar by someone who doesn't know either one of us -. as a compliment.

Because - I do believe that Plainoldme and I would get along well and have very interesting conversations. We're both intelligent and articulate- both love music - read the papers- have children...the list of things I could find to talk about with her could go on and on and on...but then I can find things to talk about with anyone.

I could not however have sex with her. I know that people believe that most people are on a continuum when it comes to sexual identification - but I indentify totally female and heterosexual. I have been cajoled and pleaded with by some of my female gay friends to give it a whirl...and I just could never find the desire within myself to be with a female.

Sounds like plainoldme feels the same - yet ANOTHER thing we seem to have in common.

Anyway - thanks David for your loyalty and kindness toward me. Sorry it got you voted down - but that seems to be the game as people see fit to play it around here. Don't take it personally - I never do- in fact if I don't see a zero next to my post- no matter what the subject or how positive it is - I figure I must have done something wrong- zero seems to be my default score - and I've learned to accept and like it.
Below viewing threshold (view)
aidan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:08 pm
@aidan,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:23 pm
I always wonder about people who have to say they are 100% hetero.

I think if a person was, they wouldn't feel the need to tell everyone.

That's like those guys they did experiments on....everyone had their penis's wired up to some gizmo, and shown pics of nekkid men.

The one's who were the most adamant about their NOT being gay were the ones who got wood.

BTW aidan, I couldn't care less about your sexuality, I just wonder about people who have to get it out there, as if anyone really cares.
husker

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:25 pm
@chai2,
chai
omg that true? lol
chai2

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:27 pm
@husker,
**** yah it's true.

I know all this stuff.
aidan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:28 pm
@chai2,
Wonder away...I don't tell everyone - in fact I never feel the need to talk about it at all except when someone suggests me pairing with a woman - then I have to regretfully decline. I've had the opportunity on many occasions and have never felt the desire to take it - yeah - maybe that means I'm secretly gay- okay- whatever you say chai- you probably have more experience with my sexuality than I do- right?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:35 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
David - I'm sorry you get a -2 just for being a loyal friend to me...
I believe that u misinterpreted, Rebecca:
the negative vote was against my being a friend of PERSONAL LIBERTY in America,
an orthodox Constitutionalist, not because of my friendship with u.
'Twas ever thus.
U shoud have seen the brawls on Abuzz in 2000!

aidan wrote:
and told to apologize.
That was not related to u, Rebecca.
Plain demands that I apologize because I have never heard of a "resale store".

aidan wrote:
But don't worry about it.
I have never. During my lifetime, one thing that I never cared about was and is popularity.

aidan wrote:
Anyway - thanks David for your loyalty and kindness toward me.
Sorry it got you voted down - but that seems to be the game as
people see fit to play it around here. Don't take it personally -
It is devoid of significance. Unless I get hit by lightning or a truck,
I expect it to continue unabated, without objection nor comment on my part.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:48 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Wonder away...I don't tell everyone - in fact I never feel the need to talk about it at all except when someone suggests me pairing with a woman - then I have to regretfully decline. I've had the opportunity on many occasions and have never felt the desire to take it - yeah - maybe that means I'm secretly gay- okay- whatever you say chai- you probably have more experience with my sexuality than I do- right?

Aiden, you notice how you are the one making this personal, as if I were addressing this specifically to you, and suggesting you personally are gay, or at least bisexual.

I said I wonder about people....meaning people in general who feel they need to make the announcement, when they somehow feel it's been suggested they are gay.

Do you really, I mean, really think whoever posted that about you and POM thinks you are gay?
It was just....kidding.....around...... A.....joke......

I feel very safe in saying no one thought either you or POM are lesbians, just because an off the cuff comment was made, especially since this thread is about pairing people.

Seems to me you've had to make a point twice now about how many lesbians have wanted to have sex with you....I don't think anyone here even wondered, and obviously never asked you about if any woman has wanted to have sex with you.
You're the one who keeps bringing it up.

That's pretty much what I meant when I said I couldn't care less.

You seem pretty sensitive about this, probably to the point where you'll have to tell everyone yet again all about how you're not gay.

anyway....huckster....here's a cut and paste for you....

Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?
Adams HE, Wright LW Jr, Lohr BA.

Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602-3013, USA.

Abstract
The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

aidan

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:55 pm
@chai2,
Yeah - I was joking too - you know how someone takes the bull by the horns and addresses an ancillary issue head on - as if that's the primary issue- that's what I was doing. I thought it was kind of funny to say, 'I couldn't however ever have sex with her...'
None of this bothers me at all to tell you the truth - not in the least. If I had to be compared to a woman on this forum - I think plainoldme is just fine to be compared to - I take it as a compliment - really and truly - as I said. She's smart, she's plainspoken- I think I probably have more in common with her than I do with just about any other woman on this forum as a matter of fact.

The lesbianism issue was a sidebar that I tuned into and highlighted as a way to divert any intended insult to plainoldme or me - knowing how much Mame has always loved me...get what I'm saying? That's a joke too.

Don't lose any sleep over it ckai.
mismi

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:58 pm
@aidan,
I think I have been paired with Tico and with ArellaMae - I must be bi-sexual.