Ideal A2K couples

spendius

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 09:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
But if all men look equally nauseating you could look neither better or worse that any other. It is your thought than men might be good looking that is confusing you. It is probably a product of the male fashion industry which is coming more and more into vogue these days. A perusal of a top-of-the-range Y-fronts catalogue should clear it up for you.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 09:13 am
@spendius,
Good looks in men is so overrated. A good soul with an agreeable personality, great humor and who knows how to keep a woman happy is worth so much more than a self centered but handsome man.

If a man has an ugly personality, in one's mind he will look ugly soon - no matter how attractive his physical appearance might be.
High Seas

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 09:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

...I 've had the experience of watching a movie and thinking:
"jeeez, I 'd be better off if I looked half as good as that guy."
I 've always felt bad when I pass a mirror,
yet (inconsistently therewith) when I get these feelings of personal esthetic dissatisfaction
when I 'm in a public place, I never see anyone with whose appearance I 'd like to trade mine.

T.S. Eliot - arguably the greatest American poet, for anyone unfamiliar - didn't seem to think there was an inconsistency Smile
[quote]......
To lose beauty in terror, terror in inquisition.
I have lost my passion: why should I need to keep it
Since what is kept must be adulterated?
I have lost my sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch:
How should I use them for your closer contact?
These with a thousand small deliberations
Protract the profit of their chilled delirium,
Excite the membrane, when the sense has cooled,
With pungent sauces, multiply variety
In a wilderness of mirrors. [/quote]

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 09:49 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
But if all men look equally nauseating you could look neither better or worse that any other.
It is not equal. I might add, that altho since age O, I have never liked my looks,
there have been occasions when I have thought about some guy:
" jee, at least I don 't look THAT bad. "

spendius wrote:
It is your thought than men might be good looking that is confusing you.
It is probably a product of the male fashion industry which is coming more and more into vogue these days.
Well, at least I can control THAT; I have done so. Many decades ago,
I drew up some sartorial desiderata which I present to my tailor
whenever I have a new suit made. For many years, I have worn vested wool suits
of identical sartorial architecture, so that thay look the way I have chosen
and every day I know exactly where in my suit each article of my property
(e.g., wallet, calculator, keys, credit cards, spare keys and emergency cash, etc.) is situate.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 09:54 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Good looks in men is so overrated. A good soul with an agreeable personality,
great humor and who knows how to keep a woman happy is worth so much more than a self centered but handsome man.

If a man has an ugly personality, in one's mind he will look ugly soon -
no matter how attractive his physical appearance might be.
So far as social relations are concerned,
u probably don 't get much of a start with the ladies
( not referring to the gold diggers here ) if u don 't look good.

David
djjd62

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
i start every day, by looking in the mirror and saying

"the names bond, james bond" (some days are sean connery days, some days daniel craig, luckily never a george lazenby or roger moore day (i try not to recognize what's his name brosnan?))
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:04 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

...I 've had the experience of watching a movie and thinking:
"jeeez, I 'd be better off if I looked half as good as that guy."
I 've always felt bad when I pass a mirror,
yet (inconsistently therewith) when I get these feelings of personal esthetic dissatisfaction
when I 'm in a public place, I never see anyone with whose appearance I 'd like to trade mine.

T.S. Eliot - arguably the greatest American poet, for anyone unfamiliar - didn't seem to think there was an inconsistency Smile
[quote]......
To lose beauty in terror, terror in inquisition.
I have lost my passion: why should I need to keep it
Since what is kept must be adulterated?
I have lost my sight, smell, hearing, taste and touch:
How should I use them for your closer contact?
These with a thousand small deliberations
Protract the profit of their chilled delirium,
Excite the membrane, when the sense has cooled,
With pungent sauces, multiply variety
In a wilderness of mirrors.
[/i]

Yes; thank u, High Seas.
Are u on our Opulent Mensan SIG list
for the Picholene restaurant for Wednesday MAY 19 ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:10 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i start every day, by looking in the mirror and saying

"the names bond, james bond" (some days are sean connery days, some days daniel craig,
luckily never a george lazenby or roger moore day (i try not to recognize what's his name brosnan?))
Yeah; I woud not wanna look like a duplicate of anyone,
but I 'd like to look as good as Sean Connery or Simon Baker.

David
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:52 am
@CalamityJane,
Most women are more attracted to a man's intelligence followed by his wit. I only brought up looks because Ionus described H2O as handsome . . . and I find men's descriptions of other men as rather mysterious.

My ex would often point out men on television and remark on their good looks. More than once, his compliments were aimed at a man I either found impossible to look at or a man I felt could have a complex about his appearance. The boyfriend I alluded to was often surprised to learn that women regarded the looks of certain men rather highly. I used the word heart throbs not because I was aiming at People Magazine's 100 Most BEautiful but because there were times when we were in groups and two or three women raved about a man's looks and he would say something like, "he has a fat face."
plainoldme

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 11:03 am
Good grooming is attractive, as are well cared for and nicely fitted clothes.

I remember the two most well-tailored suits I ever saw. The first was in Winchester, MA where I used to live. I was in a woman's shop, just browsing and a man came in to buy a birthday present for his wife. Both the owner of the shop and I immediately noticed his suit. The fit was impeccable and there was a little half cuff on each sleeve that was neatly presses and held down with a small button. The suit was a dark, rich shade of charcoal and had the faintest pin stripe I ever saw. We were immediate and spontaneous in our compliments.

He said he bought the suit on Carnaby Street in London when he was a Rhodes Scholar.

The second was a navy pinstriped suit with a full cut chest and rather wide lapels worn by a older man crossing a street in Paris while my daughter and her friends and I were having the obligatory after landing breakfast at Deux Magots. The girls were all 19 and 20, three au pairs and one American doing her junior year abroad. I watched the man cross and said to them, "Look as his suit." They agreed it was beautiful but said that while suits of that quality were not common, that one saw them about once a day.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 11:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes, thank you; please send me exact info re 19th by e-mail as am leaving tonight for 10 days and can't login (or access IMs) from overseas.

Meanwhile - Ms Olga was prophetic when she confidently predicted trouble will follow on this thread: on the previous page, Ionus jokingly posted about himself that he's handsome. Some subsequent posters misunderstood his post as referring to H2O; neither has ever seen the other, or has ever expressed the least interest in some other man's attractive looks. Expect fireworks the moment either of them shows up - they both have very short fuses Smile Smile Smile
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 11:46 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Expect fireworks the moment either of them shows up - they both have very short fuses Smile Smile Smile

...and that's not the only thing they have in common. That's why I chose
them as a "couple". Very Happy I don't care how either one of them looks, here we have
to go by personality only!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 12:09 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Most women are more attracted to a man's intelligence followed by his wit. I only brought up looks because Ionus described H2O as handsome . . . and I find men's descriptions of other men as rather mysterious.

My ex would often point out men on television and remark on their good looks. More than once, his compliments were aimed at a man I either found impossible to look at or a man I felt could have a complex about his appearance. The boyfriend I alluded to was often surprised to learn that women regarded the looks of certain men rather highly. I used the word heart throbs not because I was aiming at People Magazine's 100 Most BEautiful but because there were times when we were in groups and two or three women raved about a man's looks and he would say something like, "he has a fat face."
A fat face is bad.

Will u agree that (a young) Sean Connery and Simon Baker are good ?

David
plainoldme

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 12:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, the man in question does not have a fat face. He is handsome, talented, thoughtful and intelligent.

Why is it important that I agree on Sean and Simon? I'm not certain who Simon is . . . the Australian actor currently playing in some detective series?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:01 pm
although my heart belongs to squinney.... I've always thought Shewolf and I could heat up a room and cause some permanent trauma to anyone who ventured too close to the flame Twisted Evil
plainoldme

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 01:37 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
We all know your heart belongs to squinney but a little day dreaming is nice. Let's hear from squinney about her fantasies.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 02:29 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Well, the man in question does not have a fat face. He is handsome, talented, thoughtful and intelligent.

Why is it important that I agree on Sean and Simon? I'm not certain who Simon is . . .
the Australian actor currently playing in some detective series?
Yes; The Mentalist. Simon Baker. Give him a Google.
The reasoning is to get a version of female perception of esthetics.

Note: I do n 't want u to AGREE; I want u to reveal your opinion, pro or con.

David
Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 06:48 pm
@plainoldme,
I have no knowledge of what makes a man handsome though I can regularly get it right if a man looks fit and strong. Just had a quick check and yes I am a man. Those details were a description of me, it being implied that he cant be similar to me because only one man would have all that....lil' ol' moi !! Very Happy (I joke)
Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 06:55 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
they both have very short fuses
A short fuse ?? I keel yu !!! I keel yu awl !!!! Except all the women who I shall love to death, leaving them with a smile on their face that will annoy the crap out of the mortician as he tries to make them look more dignified.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 06:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
I don't care how either one of them looks, here we have
to go by personality only!
You dont care how a man looks ?? What are you doing tonight ?? (and for the record, I have a personality ??? really ??? thank you...I always wanted one... Very Happy )
0 Replies