Is smoking good for you?

spendius

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hear ******* hear!!!!
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:20 pm
It's the non-smokers lack of style I object to most. They look to me like stick-insects trying to negotiate a syrup puddle.

The quacks love 'em. They can redirect their assets from their children to themselves and when the pot's empty switch off the life support machine.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:23 pm
@maporsche,
Spendius, since you're back....could you explain what you meant?
ossobuco

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:26 pm
@maporsche,
Spendi must be speaking of tar.
spendius

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:28 pm
@maporsche,
I never explain. What you see is what you get. It was easy enough. Obviously you don't smoke.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Uh, my house is being hailed on, the house with the bathroom skylight already ruined by hail. This one is a lallapalloozza.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:29 pm
@maporsche,
it is obvious...smokers do cause more cost on the health delivery line, but they add to the budget lines for taxes, SS and pensions. You are fixated on trying to keep the health cost line down while resisting seeing the big picture.
ossobuco

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
The big picture is lung dysfunction. I'm older than you, hawk, and I've seen a lot of pain.
hawkeye10

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 04:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:

The big picture is lung dysfunction. I'm older than you, hawk, and I've seen a lot of pain.
Those few who die in a non -ugly way are the exception not the rule, so I am not impressed with your imagery. I dont happen to smoke anymore, but if I want to smoke and take the chance of dieing in pain and shortness of breath from lung cancer that is none of your business.

JSYK, my mom died of cancer that spread to her lungs, she died when her lungs no longer worked, it was ugly, and so far as I know she never did more than take one puff of a cig and decide she did not like it.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'm older than you, hawk, and I've seen a lot of pain.

I'm older than you osso and I've seen a lot of pain. The idea that pain can be avoided by not smoking is ridiculous. They don't say that pneumonia is the old man's friend for nothing.

hawkeye10

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:11 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

I'm older than you osso and I've seen a lot of pain. The idea that pain can be avoided by not smoking is ridiculous. They don't say that pneumonia is the old man's friend for nothing.
What is ridiculous is this modern living, this constantly trying to mitigate risks, constantly trying to gain some extra time on Earth. It is some kind of mass insanity I tell you, it can not be defended on any grounds. It is something to keep people busy, keep the wheels of their brains uselessly spinning, clearly in an attempt to avoid thinking about something else....something that they can not allow themselves to admit.
ossobuco

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Brains uselessly spinning, really?
maporsche

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
How am I fixated on that? I'm not sure you understand what my position on this matter is. You and Spendi obviously are reading more into my posts that I'm writing, incorrectly, I might add.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Meantime my roof is leaking. I cannot afford to fix it. I'd appreciate not being just slammed.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Or if you prefer.....it is a desperate attempt to maintain the illusion of control in a world that is out of control. It is the desperate attempt to maintain ourselves individually with-in a civilization that is now deep into decay, the next civilization not yet being here, so we have nothing to latch onto.
ossobuco

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sure, I'm in trouble.

hawkeye10

Sun 18 Apr, 2010 05:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Sorry to hear about your roof.....time for a change for you. If you dont have friends or family to bail you out then you are going to have to find a solution in your community.

You said before that bankruptcy was part of the solution, and it may be, but you need to be talking to people, asking for help, now. Doing nothing is not an option.
spendius

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:31 am
@hawkeye10,
osso might consider flattering a handy man. That's the traditional method.
0 Replies

BDV

Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:05 pm
@ossobuco,
try smoking, at least it will release the stress Smile
maporsche

Tue 20 Apr, 2010 07:13 am
@BDV,
I think smoking only relieves the stress cause by being addicted to smoking.

I mean when some people go a few hours without a cigarette, they start to have cravings and really want a cigarette (I think this is mistaken as stress, when it's actually a withdrawal symptom). They have a cigarette and that 'relieves' (meaning satisfies) their 'stress' (meaning addiction).

I have never taken as much as a puff off of a cigarette, and I'm probably the least stressed person I know.
0 Replies