Drugs/alcohol-experiences and observations.

safecracker

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 06:28 am
I've had morphine when I went in doe sergery along with demerol wow I was flying.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 11:15 am
Quote:
celi you have never been to jamaica or amsterdam IMO it's Amsterdam, Jamaica, BC

Safecracker...I read an article in one of the Maryjuanna mags, the rated the stuff and that's what they said. I love to go to either place, but alas...
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 04:33 pm
I used to be a hard-core "pothead", used to not be able to imagine a time where I wouldn't smoke everyday untill i kept noticing that I wasn't getting high anymore. No matter how much I smoked all it was doing was making me really really depressed, I couldn't concitrate, couldn't remember anything, and just walking around stupid. So I slowely quit, and when i did I relized that i actually felt all those symptoms. ANd still now there not all completly gone away.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 04:39 pm
yeah, I've taken mushrooms. It's really not that dangerous unless you're a bordeline personality. It's was always a fun trip for me. Of course, you need to be quite certain that the mushrooms you ingest are the right ones.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 07:14 pm
i did mushrooms just twice ... lsd too. seemed pretty much the same thing. was kinda cool. giggled and laughed a lot. we did mushrooms outside and everything just looked marvellous, fascinating, distracting, colourful, glittery. no hallucinations or nothing, just a happy thing - s long as i didnt try look no stranger in the eye.

yeh, there was a little difference i guess ... first time with lsd, i had these, like, once every hour flash visions of how it could also be, the bad way. like, we had all this fun, and suddenly i saw it very starkly, as in b&w - the way it could be if it went wrong - like, seeing us do the same thing but a year onwards, with everything around us going to rot. but the image disappeared as quickly as it came, and obviously it wasnt some prediction of things to come ;-). when the second time we did it coming home in the morning after clubbing on e, i didnt have any of that, totally mellow.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 07:16 pm
{nodding}
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 12:54 am
kerver pot has no permenant effect on the brain. Shrooms not that dangerous......you guys need to do some research lol...the right 1s aka Psilocybin.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 12:54 am
Took e's twice. Didn't last long, but it was beautiful experience.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 01:23 am
safecracker wrote:
kerver pot has no permenant effect on the brain. Shrooms not that dangerous......you guys need to do some research lol...the right 1s aka Psilocybin.

You are speaking out of your buttocks again (you do this a LOT). It's best to get your ducks in a row before telling someone else to do so with theirs.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 01:43 am
craven I assume from that post you believe shrooms are perfectly safe and that pot has permenent effects on the brain well http://www.lindesmith.org/news/06_27_03study_.cfm

as for shrooms, a person's expectations, physical and/or emotional health, previous drug experiences, mood, the amount of the drug consumed, and the setting all play a part in what kind of effects the drug produces. This means for some ppl shrooms can be dangerous......ontop of that too much can give your body a bad reaction.

so where am I talking out my ass?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 02:03 am
You assume incorrectly.

safecracker wrote:
where am I talking out my ass?

In this thread there's:

safecracker wrote:

pot has no permenant effect on the brain

safecracker wrote:

you guys need to do some research lol

Your "research" has only led you to one side of the story. Long term effects of pot after long term use have not been studied to the point at which there is a definitive answer or a consensus.

In addition it has long been ceded that pot affects short term memory. Frequent use of pot will have the long term effect of delibating the memory if only by transitive hinderance of it on an abusive level.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 02:19 am
A drug's legal status isn't necessarily a good indicator of its potential for harm of course, but shrooms were legal here till June last year. They're not addictive at least...neither physically addicting nor likely to cause psychological dependance, but yeah people in the middle of emotional or psychological problems should be careful about using psychedelics such as mushrooms.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 02:58 am
The problems observed in learning and memory suggest that long-term marijuana use results in selective memory deficiencies, but that the impact is to a very small degree. Ontop of that research there was the fact that I smoked pot constantly from age 10 untill I joined the Army, thats research right there. I didn't think I had to put IMO infront of everything I thought that was assumed on a msg board. 15 studies have supported my opinion, since I don't see any supporting the theory that pot does cause permanent brain damage im inclined to keep my opinion as is.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 04:50 am
I've not submitted anecdotal evidence because of it's lack in scientific validity. I have extensive anecdotal evidence as well. ;-)

The impact of long term use has not yet been adequately studied. Long term effects are the least studied of the effects of pot.

There's no need to prefix all opinions as such but that wasn't my qualm. You made a statement that is, of course, your opinion but went on to tell others to do research as if their opinions were not correct. Research will lead to the realization that there are conflicting studies and that the consensus has not yet been reached due to a dearth in study of long term use and effects.

That you don't "see" any contradictory research is one thing, that it doesn't exist is another. You are free to keep the opinion, of course. But the research you suggested is not entirely on your side at all.

I'll be brash and say that the consensus will ultimately be that there are long term effects with the severtity quibbled over.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:17 am
"After all, it's only weed, right? Where's the harm in a few smokes? Everyone's doing it, why shouldn't I? It's not like I'm mainlining smack or smoking rocks of crack all day, it it? I've got a job, and I've never mugged old ladies for drug money, so how can it be a problem? Anyway, I could stop anytime I wanted to, it's just that I don't want to stop at the moment because I don't have a problem. Why should I stop when I don't have a problem?

Anyway, the office is going to be quiet today, and boring. Why don't I have a litttle smoke while walking to work? It'll help pass the time and relieve the boredom. In fact, why don't I take some to work to skin-up at lunchtime with? That'll help the afternoon pass smoothly. Good idea. Then I can also skin-up again for the walk home after work. Another good idea, as it's only weed and walking home is quite boring.

And now I'm home from work, I'll get changed out of my suit. Actually I'll have a smoke first, as it's been a long day and I've only had a few so far today. And I'll have a cup of tea as well. In fact, why don't I have another smoke before getting changed. And maybe another cup of tea. Alright, go on then, I'll have yet another smoke first, then I'll definately go and get changed.

Bloody hell, I can't believe I've been home from work for 2 hours already? Where does the time go? I need to send those forms off to the bank, and sort out posting the cheque for my credit card. I'll do that later. I'm not really hungry, so I'll just have some cereal for now. Now I've got changed, I'll sort those forms. Well, I could have a cuppa first. And since I'm having a cuppa, I'll have a smoke as well. Bugger, I've finished the smoke and need another cuppa as my throat is quite sore.

Oh there's something on TV. I'll watch that then do those forms for the bank. This next programme looks good, I'll have a smoke during the adverts. And another cup of tea, then I'll do those forms. Would I like a takeaway Indian? Yes, I haven't really eaten much all day, so I should be hungry and I'd better eaty something. There's a film on next. I'll watch that, and have a couple of joints during.

Actually, now the curry has arrived I'm not that hungry. I'll have some now and save the rest for tomorrow. Bloody hell, it's after midnight! I'll have to do those forms tomorrow. I'd better go to bed now. Well, I'm sure there's time for another spliff and a cup of tea. Well maybe two teas, and another then another spliff.

Right, I have to go to bed now, as I have to get up for work in about 4 hours. ****! I haven't got a clean shirt for work! I'll have to put some in the wash before I go to bed. In fact, why don't I get up early tomorrow and do one on quick-wash? That sounds easier...

****! I've slept-in! It doesn't even feel like I've been to sleep. I'm going to be late for work, and I'll have to wear a dirty shirt from earlier in the week. Well since I'm going to be late and get a roasting from the boss, I may as well have a smoke on the way in, to make it better.

****! I'm going to get black-marked because I'm 2 months late with the credit card payment, and I've defaulted on my loans so I'm going to have to go court. I definately going to take some to work to sort me out later after all this bad news. After all, I don't have a problem..."

This was a typical day for me for about 6-7 years. I probably do have an addictive personality, but that's little comfort. I estimate I spent around £8,000 ($13,000) on drugs in that time. This was mainly weed, but also a couple of years taking 15-20 E's in a month, a minor coke habit (just a couple of weeks before I got out before it was too late, and a similar deal with speed (amphetamines).

I'm not preaching or boasting, I just thought some people would be interested in what it was like for me (and Wilso, I imagine).
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:23 am
Sounds very familiar.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:47 am
My theory, based entirely on un-scientific personal anecdotal evidence, is that heavy use of pot has a detrimental effect on memory and concentration.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:51 am
My memory doesn't seem to have suffered-long term. I don't think I could've done as well at uni if it had.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 06:19 am
I think it's had a long-term effect on my short-term memory, and a short-term effect on my long-term memory, and a long-term effect on my short-term memory (joke).
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 06:19 am
hehe
0 Replies