28
   

Countdown to the end of the Republic (USA)

 
 
BillRM
 
  4  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 07:58 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Then attacking Obama is fine.


Attacking his for this statements or his actions is indeed fine however the silliness of him not be a born citizen is not fine or claiming falsely that he is of the Muslim faith or the millions other lies directed at him.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  0  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 08:00 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
heard similar about McCain during the election. And questions about how/why he got shot down.


McCain got shot down?

Are you thinking instead of President Bush the father landing in the water during WW2?
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 08:31 am
@BillRM,
Um...no....McCain was shot down and became a POW during the Vietnam war.

Quote:
McCain followed his father and grandfather, both four-star admirals, into the United States Navy, graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying ground-attack aircraft from aircraft carriers. During the Vietnam War, he nearly lost his life in the 1967 USS Forrestal fire. In October 1967, while on a bombing mission over Hanoi, he was shot down, badly injured, and captured by the North Vietnamese. He was a prisoner of war until 1973. McCain experienced episodes of torture, and refused an out-of-sequence early repatriation offer. His war wounds left him with lifelong physical limitations.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain



Also, it's not hard to find people criticizing McCains military service.
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/waroniraq/95906
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  2  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:22 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I heard similar about McCain during the election. And questions about how/why he got shot down.

Those attacks were during the GOP primary as I recall. Talk from RWers about how McCain was the "Manchurian Candidate".

http://www.miafacts.org/mccain.htm
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:25 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
heard similar about McCain during the election. And questions about how/why he got shot down.


McCain got shot down?




Obama got shot down?

Wait, Obama never served.

parados
 
  3  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:26 am
OMG it's

DAY 33

Still the Republic is far from ending. Those claiming we would end seem to have disappeared with the winter weather.
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:50 am
@parados,
OMG!!!!!

And it's still intact! Surprised
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  -4  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:00 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Attacking a man for his statements is fine and more then fair attacking him because his wounds received in the service of his country, did or did not deserve medals is not!!!!!!!!!!

And if you are a fellow vet that could verify he never deserved the medals, then you are not allowed to speak, is that right? But the guy that never deserved the medals can come back and testify to Congress fraudulantly to defame and slander every other veteran, that is perfectly okay?

Bottom line, Kerry was a fraud, and he continued to demonstrate it up to the very day he drove the boat into Boston and then marched to the podium to give his lame and phony salute and said "reporting for duty."
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:29 am
@parados,
At least they are consistent then.

No one is safe from having their military service questioned by crazy people.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:22 am
@maporsche,
Yah, okie is crazy.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:43 am
@okie,
Yes indeed if you can find a group of men that was not under his command or on his patrol boat willing to put out **** by the wagon full and pay for by your rich right wing backers to the tunes of millions of dollars in PR campaign that is indeed just a few vets speaking their minds<not>.

One he was in combat, two he was wounded in combat with the enemy not once but a numbers of times. That is a fact you and others cannot question no matter how annoyed you are of his followings post war actions

The man he was running against did not even have a paper cut as far as in known in his brave service protecting the skies over Texas.

What always did amazed me is this campaign did not backfire on Bush for having his big money supporters running attacks on a wounded combat vet and the same time he were sheltering his worthless rear end in the states.
Advocate
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:02 pm
Leave it to the Republicans to keep McCain in the public eye. He graduated the academy in the bottom one percent of his class, was considered a prime screw-up there and as a flyer, was the leader of the Keating Five (which cost the taxpayers over $300 billion), etc., and looked like a dolt in the debates with Obama.
0 Replies
 
Advocate
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:03 pm
Also, after only four days of captivity, McCain gave his captors everything they wanted.
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:21 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Wait, Obama never served.


And Bush JR serve bravely protecting skies over Texas your point is?
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:35 pm
@Advocate,
How long could you or I have held out, you think?
Advocate
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 01:09 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

How long could you or I have held out, you think?


Let me first see your answer.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 01:32 pm
@Advocate,
It seems a bit arrogant to attack McCain of not holding out Advocate. You could have been crying like a baby after the first hour for all we know.

Frankly, when it comes to situations like that, I don't blame anyone for how they acted. You don't know the circumstances at all yet you want to proclaim you would have somehow acted better? I call BS on anyone that declares they would have.
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 01:36 pm
@Advocate,
Lol,ok.

I have no idea. I've never felt pain worse than a toothache. I would hope that I could hold out, but I have no idea.

Because I have no idea, I have a hard time faulting McCain for saying whatever it is he said.
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  0  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 02:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Yes indeed if you can find a group of men that was not under his command or on his patrol boat willing to put out **** by the wagon full and pay for by your rich right wing backers to the tunes of millions of dollars in PR campaign that is indeed just a few vets speaking their minds<not>.

In case you missed it, the guys questioning his claims were Swift Boaters.

Quote:
One he was in combat, two he was wounded in combat with the enemy not once but a numbers of times. That is a fact you and others cannot question no matter how annoyed you are of his followings post war actions
Maybe, but one doctor or medic questioned his wounds, for reasons that seem pretty legitimate in my opinion. And remember the guy did not finish his tour of duty, he came home early, with questionable justification.

Quote:
The man he was running against did not even have a paper cut as far as in known in his brave service protecting the skies over Texas.

The record shows Bush did everything asked of him, and his commanders said he was one of the best, I don't recall the exact words, but that is the summary. He would have gone to fly in Vietnam, if called, but his unit was not called there, is that Bush's fault, and also is it now a crime to serve in the type of service that Bush honorably served in?

Quote:
What always did amazed me is this campaign did not backfire on Bush for having his big money supporters running attacks on a wounded combat vet and the same time he were sheltering his worthless rear end in the states.


Because people realized Kerry is a fraud, thats why. Only the koolaid drinkers don't realize it. And I think almost all Vietnam vets, or virtually all, as I am one, know half the stuff Kerry claimed was bogus and showed the man to be a fraud.

By the way, I am not big money, but I donated to the Swift Boaters because their cause was just, honest, courageous, and truthful. Thanks to them, perhaps we dodged one big bullet. By the way, Kerry did not quit lying a long time ago, he was just a few years ago accusing U.S. soldiers of terrorizing women and children in Iraq in the dead of night. He obviously still holds a grudge against his own country and against the military, and apparently never grew up, the cry baby, and liar.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 04:57 pm
@okie,
Quote:
questioning his claims were Swift Boaters.


Not connected directly with him however now give me a statement from one of his crew members and I will paid some attention to it!!!!!!!

Quote:
tour of duty, he came home early, with questionable justification.


Yes sir a combat vet running against a man who never been in combat and we should question how many times he went down rivers into harmway.

Quote:
Bush did everything asked of him, and his commanders said he was one of the best, I don't recall the exact words, but that is the summary. He would have gone to fly in Vietnam, if called, but his unit was not called there, is that Bush's fault, and also is it now a crime to serve in the type of service that Bush honorably served in?


No it was not a crime to serve in the national guard it was just a known means by all at the time not to see combat in Vietnam without needing to go to Canada.

That is assuming you had the pull to get into the national guard as there was one hell of a waiting list.

Quote:
but I donated to the Swift Boaters because their cause was just, honest, courageous, and truthful. Thanks to them, perhaps we dodged


Yes sir it is away just to attack a man service record without on bit of proof in order to get a man who dodge serving in combat at all, by joining the national guard back into the White house once more.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.11 seconds on 08/13/2022 at 05:39:11