Spring Is Coming! Fantasy Baseball Is Back On A2K For 2010!

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 04:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
yep.

that almost makes up for my lousy relief pitchers this week...
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 10:48 am
Did absolutely everything in my hands to lose a matchup where I was easily whipping the Rednecks.
When will you send the bottle of counterfeit bourbon, RJB?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 12:46 pm
@fbaezer,
8 of my 10 points came from pitching categories last week. I need to light a fire under my hitters.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 01:27 pm
My hitters and pitchers are underperforming, but the rest of the team is just dandy.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:50 pm
Today I learned something important.
Never do any trash/smack-talk in a language you do not master with a rival who masters such language.
George scared the **** out of me.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 09:00 pm
@fbaezer,
Every once in awhile there will be a post on A2K asking for a translation of something into Latin. George dutifully responds.
Some of the requests appear to be from people wanting to get a tattoo in Latin. Would you really want to trust George to give an accurate translation?
jespah

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 04:50 am
@realjohnboy,
I have had George in my home and not once did he mistranslate any Latin.
George

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:16 pm
@jespah,
. . . nor did he tattoo anyone.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 02:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
. . . Would you really want to trust George to give an accurate translation?

Crede, sed confirma.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:07 am
@George,
I'mway arelybay ettinggay ybay ithway Englishway, uchmay esslay
anotherway anguagelay!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:31 pm
we (the squirrels) are going to be looking to move a 2nd tier starter soon.

we want either a 2nd or 3rd baseman.

inquires welcome.

Halladay, Lincecum, and Burnett are not available. everyone else is.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 05:05 pm
Congrats to Skoalmen, His pitcher, Dallas Braden, tossed a PERFECT GAME.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 06:40 pm
19th in the history of the game. I sent him a postcard and told him that was the kind of performance I expected EVERY week!
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 03:58 pm
@McGentrix,

was surprised to learn that a perfect game is more likely to occur than a player hitting 4 dingers in a game -- accomplished only 11 times...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 10 May, 2010 04:05 pm
Braden was on NPR this afternoon. He came across as a quiet and humble guy.
I didn't recall that he was pitching when A-Rod decided to take a short-cut from 3rd base back to 1st across the pitcher's mound.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 06:42 pm
Is this a great country or what? Oil is leaking in the Gulf and our finances are in shambles, but the Coors beer company has introduced a bottled brew today where THE LABEL CHANGES COLOR when it chills down to a certain temperature - indicating that is cold enough to enjoy.
Nothing to do with baseball, of course. I just thought yall would want to know.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 01:14 am
@realjohnboy,
I think Coors introduced that color-changing label a few years ago, RJB.

Oil is still leaking in the Gulf, though.
Gargamel

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 09:56 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Is this a great country or what? Oil is leaking in the Gulf and our finances are in shambles, but the Coors beer company has introduced a bottled brew today where THE LABEL CHANGES COLOR when it chills down to a certain temperature - indicating that is cold enough to enjoy.
Nothing to do with baseball, of course. I just thought yall would want to know.

Remember, a few years back, when...I forget which company it was...introduced nerve endings to the tips of our fingers so that we can determine when beer is cold? That was awesome. If only they had been invented earlier. I might have a salvaged a few digits that I lost sticking my hands into open flames as a child.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 10:03 am
@Ticomaya,
I believe RJB was actually talking about the new packaging they came out with...

Quote:
The brand that taught beer drinkers about the importance of "the mountains turning blue" with Cold Activated technology is at it again with the launch of the new Coors Light Cold Activation Window Pack. Known for continuous beer innovation, The World's Most Refreshing Beer is introducing packaging that allows legal-drinking-age consumers to look through the Cold Activation Window, prior to purchase, to confirm the mountains are blue and thus their beer is "As Cold As The Rockies."

So yes, it is a great day for America, people, because they cut a hole in the side of a box! What innovators!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:27 pm
The Rednecks are not happy this evening.
Gargamel's SP Cliff Lee of Seattle pitched well today in a game at Tampa Bay. He went 8 innings but lost 2-1. He got credit for a Complete Game because Tampa Bay didn't have to come to bat in the bottom of the 9th since they were winning. Somehow it doesn't seem right that Lee would get a CG after 8 innings and the loss.
Beer story (while waiting for Spendius to comment on the superiority of warm beer).
Every couple of days the choppers would visit our LZ in VN. Mail. A luke-warm meal and, no secret to anyone, cans of 3.2% beer. One per soldier.
And the remains of a bag of ice.
Did you know that if you lay a can of warm beer in ice and twirl it for about 60 seconds it will be as cold as the Rockies?
It's still 3.2 PBR, but it is cold.