Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:20 pm
Quote:
Germlat said: Well...I belong to no cult. Simply trying too understand how cultists hold fast to their ideas.

So-called christian cults come in all shapes and sizes from large, including most big Organised Religions, right down to smaller oddball outfits.
No matter who they are, they all share one thing in common, they're 'spiritual perverts' who twist and distort the Bible to suit their own crackpot ideas; it's a vanity thing so they can sit back wearing an arrogant smug grin thinking they know more than the rest of us poor dumb shmucks.
Needless to say, they can't get under the Bible's radar..Smile-

"If anyone preaches a perverted gospel they're accursed" (Gal 1:6-9)
"Beware men who spoil you with enticing words,deceitful philosophy not after Christ" (Col 2:4-8 )
"Ignorant people distort things,to their own destruction" (2 Pet 3:16/17)
"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ" (2 Cor 11:13/14)
Jesus said:-"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

Right Oddball?

"Er...yeah man...right on..."
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/vibes.jpg~original
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
If pointing out logical fallacy and your contradiction of your own bible a cultish trait, then call me the Cult of Cal. Happy to oblige, I like to keep you on your toes.

So was Lazarus sister deluded to think he would be resurrected on what she called "the last day"? She didn't seem to think he had gone to heaven, and she was close friends with your Jesus.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Only his body died, like ours will, but the soul lives on forever!
So, he didn't actually die. Is that what you're saying? Sounds so much like Genesis 3:4
Germlat

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:38 pm
@neologist,
Let him answer for himself...he still hasn't.. he did already state Jesus is not God..or at least Jesus never proclaimed to be.
neologist

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:39 pm
@Germlat,
Pretty good slicing and dicing of the trinity myth here; http://able2know.org/topic/51117-1
neologist

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:40 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
Let him answer for himself...he still hasn't.. he did already state Jesus is not God..or at least Jesus never proclaimed to be.
Romeo will now demonstrate the a2k sashay. Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:45 pm
@neologist,
Very good thread
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 04:54 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: So was Lazarus sister deluded to think he would be resurrected on what she called "the last day"? She didn't seem to think he had gone to heaven, and she was close friends with your Jesus

Jesus's teaching about Judgement Day was quite clear-
"And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens...All in the graves shall come out,to resurrection or damnation" (Mark 13:27, John 5:28/290)

That's what Lazarus's sister Martha knew when she said-
“I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day”
But Jesus said no need to wait til then-
“I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die" (John 11:24-25)
And he brought back Lazarus on the spot..Smile
Calamity Dal

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 05:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Let me clarify because I wouldnt want to misunderstand you, You believe that the dead are not resurrected immediately. but remain dead until they are resurrected on the last day?

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 06:41 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: Let me clarify because I wouldnt want to misunderstand you, You believe that the dead are not resurrected immediately. but remain dead until they are resurrected on the last day?

Haha I just LURV these little traps and snares you keep cooking up for me..Smile
All I can do is point you to the relevant verses, then if you disagree with them you can argue it out with Jesus when you meet him..Smile-

Jesus said-"At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory, and he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens...All in the graves shall come out,to resurrection or damnation" (Mark 13:26/27, John 5:28/290)

And as I said before there are special exceptions like when he raised Lazarus, and when he told the guy on the next cross "today you'll be with me in paradise"..Smile
Calamity Dal

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 07:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Mick lets not be silly now, I am asking you to clarify your position, it is hardly a trap. I am asking you to make a statement that I can assess and respond to, rather than dilly dallying around the question second guessing my reasons for asking for clarification, If your statement is not contradictory to scripture then you have nothing to worry about.
Quote:
All I can do is point you to the relevant verses,

what you mean to say is you will point me to the carefully selected verses relevant to your doctrine, mashed together and edited where necessary to support your interpretation.
I find the holistic approach to bible understanding is hugely lacking among nominal christian denominations, you are not different in this respect.

Let me ask you some questions. Just answer them, I'm not trying to trap you. I may have further questions, but that only depends on your answers. Try to give scriptural support, I know you like that

is your soul seperate from your body?
what do you believe will happen to your soul when you die?
When do you expect to be resurrected should you die tomorrow?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 08:50 pm
Quote:
Calamity asked: is your soul seperate from your body?
what do you believe will happen to your soul when you die?
When do you expect to be resurrected should you die tomorrow?

1- Yes our souls are quite separate from our squishy bodies, Jesus said:-"The spirit within gives life,the flesh alone is worthless" (John 6:63 )

2- Like I said before, when the body dies, the soul "sleeps" - "Don't grieve for those asleep,for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14)

3- During that "sleep", time has no meaning because it's beyond our human knowledge; for example even if centuries pass we might wake up and feel as if only a few seconds had passed, a bit like sci-fi cryo-chambers where astronauts sleep for years..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 09:00 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: Romeo will now demonstrate the a2k sashay

Welcome to the thread mate, you obviously disagree with all the Jesus quotes I've been posting, so why don't you straighten us and Jesus out by giving us your Jehovah's Witness take on resurrection?
I've tried looking it up on Wiki but it makes as much sense as a monty python sketch..Smile

WIKI- "JW's believe that the number of Christians going to heaven is limited to exactly 144,000, who will rule with Jesus as kings and priests over earth.
Jehovah's Witnesses teach that only they meet scriptural requirements for surviving Armageddon"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 09:06 pm
Quote:
Germlat said: Let him [Romeo] answer for himself...he still hasn't..

Answer what? I always answer every question! You must have missed my reply or been unable to understand it..Wink
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 09:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I must say Im impressed Mick, I did not think you had it in you. Cheers for answering. Ill forward a couple of questions tomorrow.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 12:06 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
The answer lies in the parts you avoid. Remember how you sashay on the fate of Adam and Eve? Not everyone will be resurrected. But you have prefered to ignore the many citations I have provided about the condition of the dead. See also Revelation 20:14.
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 12:43 am
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF-Remember how you sashay on the fate of Adam and Eve? Not everyone will be resurrected

I presume by "sashay" you mean I dodge giving answers? Dream on mate, we holy men don't do "dodge".
You on the other hand just smokescreen with arrogant waffle..Wink
In fact you've sashayed away from discussing your JW's bizarre belief that 144,000 JW's are going to "rule the earth", and have now introduced Adam and Eve into the thread as a diversionary tactic!

And you say "Not everyone will be resurrected" which is a direct contradiction of Jesus who said- "All in the graves shall come out,to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)
So who shall we believe, Jesus or the JW's?

------------------------------------------------------

Romeo Fabulini: cultbuster!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I get what you say, but what about scriptures like Ezekiel 18:20. It definitely says the soul that sins dies.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 06:13 pm
@neologist,
As a friend, neologist, I ask you to save your correspondence with the troll for other threads.
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 4 Mar, 2014 06:23 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: I get what you say, but what about scriptures like Ezekiel 18:20. It definitely says the soul that sins dies.

Out of 42 Bible versions, 18 say "soul", and 24 say "person" because of different translation styles.
http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Ezekiel%2018:20

Jesus clarified once and for all that the soul lives on after the death of the body-
Jesus said:-"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life" (Matt 25:46)
And he spoke of hell as being the place where "the worm does not die" (Mark 9:46), "worm" meaning soul.
0 Replies