Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Sun 10 Apr, 2022 01:41 pm
Can anyone explain this to me: "(I went to college too, but we studied literature not writing, the emphasis on the books themselves not on the words) "..........? I find it confusing.
hightor

Sun 10 Apr, 2022 01:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Apparently she studied to be a librarian.
glitterbag

Sun 10 Apr, 2022 02:16 pm
@hightor,
Maybe, but what type of librarian isn't knowledgeable about words???? They have those big unabridged dictionaries right there in front of everybody. Oh wait, do I have to state what an unabridged dictionary is, for everybody?
hingehead

Sun 10 Apr, 2022 03:58 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
So in affect you haven't blocked them - they continue to live rent free in your head.

Solid life choices.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Apr, 2022 04:28 pm
@hingehead,
<snicker>
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 10 Apr, 2022 04:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
type of librarian isn't knowledgeable about words?

An illiterate librarian? The librarian at the DJT presidential library?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 11 Apr, 2022 02:48 am
@glitterbag,
I could, but in order for it to make sense I'd have to remove half of your brain.
bulmabriefs144

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 12:12 am
@hingehead,
I decide whether or not to answer them.The difference between not being blocked and being blocked it that someone's being a blowhard, I'm able to just tune out lost posts that they do, I saw w. The reason I didn't here was because at the time, there wasn't really anyone I could respond to instead, what with them being latest poster.
glitterbag

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 12:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I could, but in order for it to make sense I'd have to remove half of your brain.

Well, that sounds about right. You men are so smart.
izzythepush

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 01:08 am
@glitterbag,
It doesn't make sense to smart people.
glitterbag

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 01:17 am
@izzythepush,
Dang!!!! Foiled again.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 02:52 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Should I patronisingly point out (a la you) that you can just click on the 'Reply To All' option at the bottom of the page?

Your reply was literally to the poster you blocked - you weren't responding to something else - your justification is specious on many levels - but whatever works for you is fine.
Frank Apisa

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 03:06 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Should I patronisingly point out (a la you) that you can just click on the 'Reply To All' option at the bottom of the page?

Your reply was literally to the poster you blocked - you weren't responding to something else - your justification is specious on many levels - but whatever works for you is fine.

Bulma is a nut case, H.

He makes no sense. Read him for the humor aspect.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 06:01 am
@hingehead,
I never use Reply to All. I don't get a person to respond to, so I'm basically looking at a blank page with no context. I become blocked (as in writer's block) and then that's it.

But for instance, Frank Apisa is again the last poster, as I discovered from the outside of this page. I could humor him if I'm bored or lonely enough, because other people are here to give me company.

"It is not good for man to be alone, I will give him a helper."

Secular people and religious people alike think this only means helpful people. But you've seen it too. On the playground in a kid's class, there's a boy who has trouble making friends because they're too shy or awkward or grumpy or whatever. There's also a boy who only knows how to bully. Now the bullied boy, because of our human way of thinking about things is not cool with how this kid teased or insulted him, and the bully sometimes later realizes what a mess their life is. But the boy needed company, and the bully needed to be shown how to adjust his ways. The whole thing is actually a blessing. The kid resents how God did not stop this bully. But God says, "What for? I gave you a constant companion who showed you all kinds of interesting experiences. Wedgies, being beat up, and so on. Wasn't that fun? And just think, if you'd stopped resenting them, and just talked to them as a friend, the entire narrative might have shifted." Frank Apisa gives me company ( so do you), though often his words are annoying and want to tune him out. But I wouldn't want a world without him. Nor would I want him to suddenly become a sycophant or something. If we can agree on a point every now and then, I consider it a triumph.

The Muslims think that wveryone should agree with them or die. Consider what would happen if tou were to kill everyone who was not an atheist. Then kill everyone who did not have the same political party, then everyone who didn't agree lockstep. Pretty soon you're standing in an empty plain with nobody around. Blue-haired people have gotta go, and short people ain't got no reason to live. Yes, as narcissistic as this sounds, you're here to give me company. But it's not narcissistic, because actually even though Frank hates my guts it seems, I'm here for him too. But maybe tomorrow. Even if he's last poster again, I don't feel like it right now. Which is part of why I blocked him.
Frank Apisa

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 07:56 am
Bulma is a nut case.

He makes no sense.

Read him for the humor aspect.

Get a laugh at his expense.
izzythepush

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 08:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't find him very funny.

It's not just nonsense, a lot of it is bigotry, and we know where that leads.

Flat earthers are a pretty nasty lot who threaten violence towards scientists.

They are not a bunch of harmful eccentrics. They are every bit as extreme as racists, homophobes and anti abortion activists.

There is nothing to laugh about, they are dangerous.
Frank Apisa

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 10:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't find him very funny.

It's not just nonsense, a lot of it is bigotry, and we know where that leads.

Flat earthers are a pretty nasty lot who threaten violence towards scientists.

They are not a bunch of harmful eccentrics. They are every bit as extreme as racists, homophobes and anti abortion activists.

There is nothing to laugh about, they are dangerous.

Okay, I get how you feel.

But I find him hilarious...as I find any flat Earther to be.
izzythepush

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 10:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
"So many great Britons have had a touch of eccentricity about them, and Jimmy is truly a great Briton."

Margaret Thatcher on notorious paedophile Jimmy Savile who had over 400 victims.

He would joke about it too, a lot of people found him funny.