glitterbag

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 02:59 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, a lot of us thought Bill Cosby was America's Best Dad. That turned out to be a big mistake.
izzythepush

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 03:34 pm
@glitterbag,
You're right then again Bill Cosby was a Saint compared to Jimmy Savile.

His evil was on a completely different level, the number of victims, and the level to which he penetrated the highest ranks of British society, is astounding.

And he got away with it.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 04:49 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Soooo....

You had nothing to say. But had writers block because the page was blank, so you clicked on View for a blocked user's message so you had something to say. Confected outrage, neurodivergent, bored, or all of the above?
bulmabriefs144

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 05:35 pm
@hingehead,
So... I find it easier to respond to a person, than to go to a forum and write apropos of nothing.

Question: Why do you attend this forum?

Is it to sit and hear yourself talk? Cuz if that's it, you should leave. That's the definition of narcissism. We don't need to hear people talk to hear themselves talk.

I go to a forum because I want to talk to people. I don't care about winning arguments, and I certainly am not likely to Reply to All. I am only gonna be replying to the last person. Or someone who said something interesting.

Anyway, what do you care? It's not like either of the people I blocked ever listens anyway. That might have something to do with why they are blocked.
hingehead

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 05:54 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
None of this is criticism - I am actually trying to understand.
Quote:
So... I find it easier to respond to a person, than to go to a forum and write apropos of nothing.

This is the question I was asking you to confirm - you said this but the person you responded to you'd blocked and your response was to what they wrote. I can't grok the chicken and egg of this.

I've been on this forum for since it was called Abuzz and part of the NYT.

I love seeing other peoples' thoughts - particularly those from other countries. I learn stuff, have cool discussions and get some laughs.

One of my recent laughs was this:

dog smelling it's own farts wrote:
Is it to sit and hear yourself talk? Cuz if that's it, you should leave. That's the definition of narcissism. We don't need to hear people talk to hear themselves talk.

Siri - give me an example of cognitive dissonance.
bulmabriefs144

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 05:59 pm
@glitterbag,
Uhhhh news flash.

This idea that once someone has a flaw, you get to rip them apart... no. People are not perfect. We can't dismiss people solely on their flaws.

No, you can judge them, you say? Okay...

Frank has cataracts. Why should we listen to an old blind person? And izzy once says he saw a 35 ft penis. How can we take anything he says seriously? And how could you get sexdating PMs? You pervert!
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Tue 12 Apr, 2022 06:01 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Siri - give me an example of cognitive dissonance.

You are also responding to people, and yet giving me a hard time about it.

Must be nice to be immune to your own standards.
hingehead

Wed 13 Apr, 2022 12:39 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Um, it's not meant to be a hard time.

Also I'm responding to you who I haven't blocked. My question was about responding to someone you'd blocked. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me. Sorry if it's upsetting you. I'll stop.
bulmabriefs144

Wed 13 Apr, 2022 06:51 am
@hingehead,
And I told you.

Boredom and loneliness motivates most of my actions.

So, I block people if they're obnoxious or abusive to me, but if they're the last person to talk, about 30-40% of the time, I'm okay with responding to them anyway.

D-don't judge me!
0 Replies