Logicus

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 08:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Do you believe in Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and, the Easter Bunny? Adults invented these lies to control their children. Santa is not real, and so are the others. You can apply this to religion as well.
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:24 pm
Logicus wrote:
Quote:
Do you believe in Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and, the Easter Bunny? Adults invented these lies to control their children. Santa is not real, and so are the others. You can apply this to religion as well

I worked out for myself that Santa couldn't be real because no way could he have got down narrow chimneys, I was about 25 years old when I worked it out..Wink
But Jesus never bothered with chimneys, he was out there strutting his stuff for 3 years in front of the whole half-million population of Israel and the Roman garrison, that's a helluva lot of eyewitnesses!
I don't know why you think anybody should want to "invent" him as a myth to control their kids. His message to kids was to REBEL..Smile
For examp, his young cousin John was a world-rejecting hippy type living rough out in the wilderness and sometimes going in town to yell insults at the snooty priests and corrupt rulers.
Jesus said- "John is the greatest man ever to be born" (Matt 11:11)

John in action versus Herod and Salome-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/johnvHerodC_zpsf997ccff.gif~original
neologist

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:29 pm
@Logicus,
Good to see you back, Logicus.
Romeo is a committed celebrant of the Saturnaila, the feast of Astarte, and other devotions. Best not to challenge him lest he will slap you silly like he has the rest of us chumps. Mr. Green
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:33 pm
BTW, wouldn't it be a hack to introduce RF to RL
I've pm'd him to see if he might join the fun
But I think he's mad at us

Doktor S would be fun, too
Maybe Chumly can find him for us
A fellow Canuck, as I recall
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:44 pm
Neologist said:
Quote:
Romeo is a committed celebrant of the Saturnaila, the feast of Astarte, and other devotions

I've never heard of them mate, are they members of the Klingon or Romulan Empires? As for feasts, I wouldn't mind a good 'un because I haven't had a decent meal since my mother died 15 years ago (sniffle)
No problemo, Jesus said-
"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son....he told his servants to go out and invite to the banquet anyone they find" (Matt 22:2)
so hopefully I'll get an invite..Smile

PS- Speaking of invites, I used to date a woman who regularly invited me round for meals with her and her teenage son and we all got on great until i blew it.
What happened was that she'd undercooked the bacon one day and it was like chewing rubber, I'd been chewing it for 20 minutes and it still wouldn't go down. She nipped in the kitchen so I fished it out of my mouth when her son wasn't looking and slung it behind the settee for her cat but it wouldn't touch it.
I meant to pick it up later but I completely forgot about it and she must have found it after I'd gone home.
She cooled off towards me after that and screamed down the phone "You're not a very nice man!" and i haven't seen her since, hopefully she's signed up for some cooking lessons
neologist

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
My reply here:
http://able2know.org/topic/211046-6#post-5477983
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 01:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
What's the purpose of this thread anyway, is it supposed to be a Christian-free zone where atheists can gather to sit holding hands comforting each other or what?..

Well you could read the very first post to figure out what the thread was for. Like you care.

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 01:13 am
@hingehead,
It's just that when I see Neo invading your thread to beat you all black and blue, I have to step in and deal with him, call me a Good Samaritan..Smile
Incidentally, in line with his JW beliefs he's implying that all us normal people who celebrate Christmas and birthdays are pagans!
Personally i've got a soft spot for pagans ever since they burnt Edward Woodward in that Wicker Man for his bad acting, then in the remake they also burnt Nicholas Cage for having a silly dyed-black hairstyle.
Anyway pagan women are nice, they tie ribbons to maypoles and prance round them naked under the full moon, they can certainly tie ribbons to my maypole and prance round it naked any time they like
spendius

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 05:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Anyway pagan women are nice, they tie ribbons to maypoles and prance round them naked under the full moon, they can certainly tie ribbons to my maypole and prance round it naked any time they like

You must not have taken their measure yet.
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 07:05 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Like you give a **** about us, we're just collateral damage in your virtual pissing contest. If its any consolation you're confirming why we have no interest or respect for those involved in the 'my imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend' wars.
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 08:07 am
@hingehead,
Christianity's all about having the balls not to dance to the world's tune-
Jesus said "The world wants you to dance to its tune..." (Matt 11:16)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"Don't conform to the pattern of this world" (Rom 12:2)
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil" (Eph 6:12)

Jesus said-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesu-pash.png~original
spendius

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 08:32 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Thus proving that it is best not to have the world hate you.

What a Hero. Anybody who belittles Jesus is beneath contempt.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 09:28 am
I put pissolini on ignore long ago. Wish the rest of you would do the same.
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 01:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
You put me on ignore mate?
Good, now I can whisper about you behind your back..Wink

"Pssst...he's sore because he left the navy in 1965 and missed the chance of shelling Charlie in Nam with his battleship ..."
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Whisper-in-ear_zpsf0823e38.jpg~original
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 01:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've been thinking about it, but I won't until you put spendi on ignore. We all have our crosses to bear bahahahahahaha.
hingehead

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 02:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

Christianity's all about having the balls not to dance to the world's tune-
Jesus said "The world wants you to dance to its tune..." (Matt 11:16)
"Don't conform to the pattern of this world" (Rom 12:2)

Irony not your strong suit is it Romeo?

How incredibly ballsy and nonconformist of you to believe the same magic spirit most of your countrymen do. I can see now why you blow your own trumpet so loudly, you truly are a man among men.

Sadly you're not much of a Christian and don't know **** about your bible

Here's the actual passage you made up (or mindlessly copied and pasted from some other dick who believes what he wants to and examines nothing)

Matt 11:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2011:16&version=NIV
16 “To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
No dancing or tunes, in fact keyword searching a bunch of versions from king James to standard American you won't find those two words in the same passage.

I think you broke Jesus' heart.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 04:33 pm
@hingehead,
But I quit responding to him on here. That's the same thing.
Logicus

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 04:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Jesus walked around Israel claiming he was the King of the Jews. I don't know about you, but I could say the same thing. "I'm the CEO of Scientology, kids. Worship me, and put me in your Holy Book."
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 05:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ok, I'll stop responding - but he is a case study of personality dysfunction (in my head), the aggressiveness flipside of his christianity is awesome - ACCEPT JESUS' LOVE OR I'LL PUNCH YOUR ******* HEAD IN AND I'VE THE PC GAMING CHOPS TO DO IT, I'VE DONE TIME, I'M WELL HARD.

I find it intriguing. Understand how tiresome others find it. I'm sure the novelty will rub off soon.
edgarblythe

Sun 27 Oct, 2013 05:16 pm
@hingehead,
But he's posting the same thing on some other threads. You can still have your fun pointing out how screwed his head is.