Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:15 pm
@InfraBlue,
Generally the term "cut and paste job" implies that someone is selectively presenting excerpts out of context.

If that's what you mean, prove it.

If it's not, explain the extra effort you expended to use the phrase.

Clown.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

If it's not, explain the extra effort you expended to use the phrase.

Clown.

Point of information please...is "clown" the new a2k ultimate put down? I see a lot of people doing it. I LIKE clowns, I have a great deal of respect for clowns. Why is it an insult to be a clown?
The Joke Explainer

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
The joke is on the user to whom "clown" is directed through the implication that they are not to be taken seriously.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:33 pm
@The Joke Explainer,
Ya, I get that. But it smacks of a lack of appreciation for the importance of humour and game playing in life.
The Argument Clinic

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
No it doesn't.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:47 pm
@The Argument Clinic,
I disagree, and I would like to see us all work to improve the quality of our insults.
The Argument Clinic

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 06:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, you don't.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 07:27 pm
@The Argument Clinic,
Oh my, God has taken up residence at a2k....how did we ever rate such devotion from our dear leader!
The Joke Explainer

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 07:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
The Argument Clinic's humour and game playing does not purport to know your mind but rather is a humorous popular culture reference to the Monty Python sketch "The Argument Clinic" in which a man is confronted with repeated contradiction which he insists does not pass for argument.

I like the part where the other guy keeps contradicting him.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 07:44 pm
@The Joke Explainer,
cute
0 Replies

The Argument Clinic

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 07:46 pm
@The Joke Explainer,
No it isn't.
spendius

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 05:46 am
@The Argument Clinic,
I agree.
0 Replies

georgej555

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:59 am
@chai2,
You're going to INSIST and WATCH her take a pill that has lifelong consequences, but assume anyone who says "sex is not the right choice for you, honey" is after CONTROL? What if she WANTS a baby? Would you control that decision, influence it, or just let her decide on her own?
chai2

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 02:18 pm
@georgej555,
georgej555 wrote:

You're going to INSIST and WATCH her take a pill that has lifelong consequences, but assume anyone who says "sex is not the right choice for you, honey" is after CONTROL? What if she WANTS a baby? Would you control that decision, influence it, or just let her decide on her own?

If she WANTS a baby, she's gonna have to wait until she's NOT living under MY roof any more.

Why?

Because I don't WANT a baby in my house.
I don't want someone bringing a baby who cries and poops and busts up the place, and for whom I will have a lot of responsibilty for, like it or not.

If I had a teenage daughter living in my home, and she was able to pull off bringing home a baby without me every hearing it, or being involved with it in any way, I'd be ok with that.
That includes any financial support.

If she wanted a baby, then she obviously doesn't want to live in my house.

Once they are off on their own, and financially supporting themselves, they can have all the kids they want.

You know what has a helluva lot more "lifetime consequences" than taking a birth control pill?

One guess.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 06:23 am
The timing of my last post was strange, to say the least.
So strange that I wouldn't blame someone who didn't know me for thinking I'm making this up.

In fact, I really wish I was making the following up.

I had sent out an invitation to a dinner (work related) to numerous people in my organization.
One woman, I'll call her Deb called me on the phone to RSVP.
I consider Deb a very good friend. She now works at another location, but we still feel close, even though we don't talk often.

A little history... Deb has 2 dtrs, 16 and 19 (maybe just turned 20), she's divorced, but makes a good income and has been able to provide for her family.
The 2 kids have never been trouble. No drugs, good grades, involved in school activites, not hanging out with the wrong crowd. Last time I actually saw the older girl, I was impressed at how mature she was. Just really good kids.

Well, you can see where this is going. Nightmare scenerio 2.1a

Girl meets boy, both really want to have a baby....Baby is now 20 months old.
They were living with Deb since the birth, boy going to school and working some part time job.
Now, boy and girl have grown apart.
Girl met "someone" on the internet, and has traveled to another state to see him, twice, both times without baby.
This "someone" is 10 years older, lives at home with his parents, works part time at some bullshit job....and she loves him, and wants to be with him.

Problem...weirdo's parents, to their credit emphatically state they do NOT want a child in the house (probably don't want the girl either)

At this point, this really doesn't seem like such a hard choice for the girl. I mean, it's not as if the baby doesn't have someone to take care of him? Right?

All I could do after hearing my friends story, was to put my head in my hand and say "Oh Deb, I'm so sorry."

Deb is very smart, very pragmatic. However, she did say "Chai, I'm 52 years old. It really wasn't in my plans to raise another baby at this point in my life."

My post before was tongue in cheek, this is the reality.

God forbid Deb want to have any outside interests, do the things that women love to do when they no longer have little ones. I'm sure she'll meet a lot of men who want to date someone their age, who has a 2 or 3 year old.

I'm thinking Deb would liked to have watched her dtr swallow those pills.
0 Replies