BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
You wisecrack tell me this: how is it economically feasible to start a family
at 17 - 20? Alone this statement of yours, makes the entire thought process
of yours obsolete!

Let get this straight is not a problem for an unmarried 16 or 17 year old girl to try to raise a child but not for a 17 year old girl and a 20 year old husband?

Seem odd thinking for some reason.
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:46 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
OMG! How much has the population declined?!?!?

Let see we have a crime rate and drop out rate of children and teenagers raised in single parents households that is many many times that of two parents households and way beyond anything the society had seen before the 60s.

Do not sound like it working to me.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:55 pm
@BillRM,
Basically, if a country goes long enough without having enough children, it lays the country open to invasion. The US is at equilibrium now only due to the illegal immigrants. Germany has a birthrate of about 1.4 right now and that is catastrophic. Only something way outside the box has any hope of helping that kind of situation and I can only think of two things which might fix the problem, i.e.

Make sure every birth in the land involves twins

or

Artificially change the sex ratio of the land to something like 6 - 1 women to men; at that point a 1.4 birthrate would more than keep the country supplied with people.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 12:55 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

We seem to have a lot more of these "life altering diseases" these days than I remember ever hearing about.

The VD Clinic may have been a grubby building in a back street and only mentioned in grim mutterings but the pall of its image hung over us like a dark cloud of menace.

I know how important education is. That's not the question. It is which education. Or, more like, the best balance between them.

And anyway--is sex better when it's sanitised and analysed to dust when in actual fact it is both bestial and comical.

Wrong, spendius!! Sexually transmitted diseases have been around as
long as prostitution, they just didn't know then what we do now. Beethoven
died of syphilis (although it never has been proven), today it's curable, but
that's not the point. We're teaching today that STD's are preventable and
we teach how to prevent them.

We simply need to, spendius, as there is HIV and herpes out there, and
neither is curable (so far). I would hate for my child to catch any STD for
the mere fact that she wasn't educated in how to prevent them, and I don't
mean abstinence here.

Sex doesn't have to be sanitized or analyzed. With a long term partner it
can be whatever you wish it to be, however, until both parties know that
there are no STD's involved, and contraceptives are taken, precaution
is necessary.
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 01:00 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
We seem to have a lot more of these "life altering diseases" these days than I remember ever hearing about.

We had a very brief period between the time sulfur drugs was first used to treat STDs and such viruses base STDs such as HIV came on the scene where STDs was not life threating or of all that great concern.

Being driven slowly mad however with your brain being eaten out by syphilis is not a good way to go and or being given mercury treatments for that matter.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 01:15 pm
@gungasnake,
it lays the country open to invasion

Sorry we do not go to war any longer with bows and swords. Technology and training is the winner on the battlefield not the numbers of bodies you can throw into a conflict.

The rifle and later the machine gun alone ended the idea that a nation with a greater population could conqueror a nation with a smaller one by numbers alone.

If Mexico would have a population twenty times our they still would not be a military threat to us and could be deal with using our secondary forces such as the national guards if need be.

Look at the Middle East also where overwhelming numbers had not been able to overrun Israel for another example of this.

gungasnake

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:04 pm
@BillRM,
You don't call having 20,000,000 illegal immigrants in our midsts being invaded??

I mean, even when goodly numbers of them openly talk about "La Reconquista" and laugh at us for not having more children?
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:26 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
You don't call having 20,000,000 illegal immigrants in our midsts being invaded??

No they are here because business love a cheap labor force that had no right even to minimum wages or other workers protection.

Any time we wish to end this "invasion" all we would need to do is shut off the abilities to work here for real by enforcing heavy fines to anyone be that person a business owner of a household who employ such labor and using a sub-contractor would not be a shield either. We could then add that anyone who turn in his neighbor or local business would share half of this heavy fine. Pick up a day laborer by Home Depot and you will end up paying a thousand dollar fine if he does not have a work permit and we do not care if you was of the honest opinion he could work or not.

The government and special interests are playing games with us in building so call electronic fences that does not work so there is no invasion just game playing over a cheap labor force.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:18 pm
@gungasnake,
The La Reconquista will be peaceful and by the ballot box won't it?
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:26 pm
Gungasnake you are not aware that the right wing politicians are just playing games with you and people like you over the evil of the so call illegal Mexicans taking over the South West?

At the same time, they are crying about the poor people swimming the Rio Grande they are also making sure that their labor is available at sub-minimum wages with zero protections to the farmers and others who benefit in the South West from them.

No, we do not wish to have a legal program to bring them in as then they would be cover by our laws protections and cost more money.

Second they can get people with your outlook on life all work up and sure to vote for the same politicians that made sure that we will have a “illegal” workforce by not allowing laws that would stop them from working and therefore causing them to deport themselves. We instead build electronic fence that does not work.

No invasion at all Gungasnake is happening as they are in fact being invited in with a wink and a nod by our leadership.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:35 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

That is why the left wing does not stop what the right wing is doing as at the very least their children will be voters and will vote for the Democratic.

Both the left wing and the right wing have reasons to secretly welcoming these people and with a legal program they would be able to go back and forth and therefore would be far less likely to settle their families here something the left wing desire them to do.

We are all being play for fools over this issue and whatever you might wish to call it there is no invasion.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 04:32 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
We simply need to, spendius, as there is HIV and herpes out there, and
neither is curable (so far). I would hate for my child to catch any STD for
the mere fact that she wasn't educated in how to prevent them, and I don't
mean abstinence here.

Nobody is talking about not educating kids in how to prevent these diseases. The argument is about how to educate them. The liberal assumption that their method is the right one simply leads to circular arguments. It also demystifies sex. There will be victims of whatever method is used.

I see your remarks as a sophistry trying to claim that promiscuity has no price tag.

BTW- I used the phrase "and look how I turned out" to see if you came up with the same witticism that always appears whenever I use the expression.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 10:32 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

What is even more amusing is that the kids of these people will be as American as Gungasnake or you or I and one of them could even end up like Obama in the White House.

First generation American from illegal parents and yet one of those illegals could watch his son or daughter become President.

We live in a wonder and amazing Country.
spendius

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 05:54 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
We live in a wonder and amazing Country.

You certainly do.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:23 am
BillRM, Spendi, and Gunga all talking at each other marks the end of the original discussion. We might as well change the title of this thread to the The Tower of Babel.

George

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:26 am
@Green Witch,
. . . and look how that turned out.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:10 am
@George,
Laughing ...it went down the drain, like sexual abstinence itself! (excluding mismi here Wink )
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 12:41 pm
Quote:
A study of middle-school students that found for the first time that abstinence-only education helped to delay their sexual initiation is already beginning to shake up the longstanding debate over how best to prevent teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/education/03abstinence.html
BillRM

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 01:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And are we planing on writing off the large fraction of young people who are not following the abstinence-only program even if it can be shown to work for the majority?
mismi

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 02:20 pm
@CalamityJane,
Laughing There is always a need for one odd ball in the bunch Wink