DrewDad

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 01:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
Maybe they're Survivor fans?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 03:52 pm
@Joe Nation,
Watch on-line. They usually upload the episode a few hours after it plays on the west coast.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 04:44 pm
@Green Witch,
That's probably about 2 a.m. for Joe.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 05:47 pm
@DrewDad,
I'm in the same time zone as Joe. Before I discovered we get free cable, I used to watch at 6am the next day on my computer. It's not like it's urgent news such as 9/11 or when Martians attack.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 04:04 am
Not one vote for Russell (except fan favorite). He plays as if the jury doesn't exist, doesn't have anything to do with whether he wins or not.

Glad Sandra won it again. The Surivor queen, tiara and all. Glad Parvati didn't win. She irritates the hell out of me.

Terrific season.
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 05:11 am
Twenty seasons and the show never lives up to it's name. The one who outwits, outlasts and outplays always gets resentment rather than respect. Every one of the jury member who got screwed by Russell should have voted for him. He's outfront with his lies and everyone knows it.
But Parvati should have won in my opinion. She's right, she should have been gone by week two, instead she's sitting in the final three. She managed to swing through all opposition.

Sandra wins .. meh. By doing what? Voting WITH Russell on every vote, including the one that ousted her dear, dear the-one-she-was-SO-loyal to- friend, Courtney. I do have to hand it her though, when asked by Russell "with me or against me?" she said. "I'm against you, Russell" No one else who gave Russell any trouble lasted after making any kind of statement like that.

I don't know. I just like Russell's blatant style.

Joe(He's so unlike me)Nation
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 07:01 am
All the others deserved to lose for tip-toeing around Russell or letting him pull them around by their nose. Sandra deserved the money just for burning his hat the way he burned James' socks. She also was the best at using Russell's ego to her advantage to get rid of others (ie: Coach) and save herself. I thought she was done for a dozen times. Parvati probably did play the best game in terms of the outwit..description with her combination of coattails and strategy, but I'm fine with Sandra taking home the mother load.
Reyn

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 07:54 am
@Roberta,
Yes, I'm glad, too, that of the 3, it was Sandra that won.

But, I'm confused. Maybe someone can explain it to me. I'm playing catchup with Survivor and have been watching past series lately.

In the past, only 2 players would face the jury, but this time, it was 3. Why was that?

What was the point, in this series, of Russell winning the last immunity challenge? No one was eliminated! There was no final vote to get rid of the third person.

I had expected Pav to get voted off, and just Russell and Sandra to face the jury.

Huh?
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 08:11 am
Yay! "Lippy" Sandra won! Laughing

They started going to an F3 instead of F2 finale a few seasons back, which is kind of ridiculous since the third wheel never gets any votes. Hoping they'll go back to a two-person finale.

Poor Russell (lol). Jeff said on day one that Survivor is a social experiment and it's still true. Russell just doesn't get it and kudos to whomever called him out on his gratuitous lies (Danielle?) last night. They all have to lie to make it to the end, but Russell lies when he doesn't have to and that's just rubbing salt in the wounds of the jurors.

Parv played beyond well, but I think her close alliance with Russell may have hurt her end the end (duh LOL).

See y'all in Nicaragua. Nicaragua!!!

Reyn

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 09:19 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
They started going to an F3 instead of F2 finale a few seasons back, which is kind of ridiculous since the third wheel never gets any votes. Hoping they'll go back to a two-person finale.

Thanks, but are you sure about the final 3 starting a few seasons back?

The last one, Samoa, with Russell, went to a final 2, to my recollection. Russell came in 2nd, I believe?
Irishk

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 09:26 am
@Reyn,
There were Russell, Mick and Natalie in Survivor Samoa's finale, I think. Russell got 2 votes...Mick got zero.

Not sure why they changed it...there's a conspiracy theory I read shortly after it happened, but I can't remember what it was LOL.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 09:32 am
@Reyn,
Here you go...

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 10:46 am
@Green Witch,
Or if you have "On-Demand" it is there as well.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 10:52 am
I had Russell to win and think he might have done it if he'd taken Jerri to the final three.

I think he was the best player, by far, and it drives me crazy that people vote against him instead of for someone.
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 10:54 am
@Green Witch,
That was a highlight to me - Sandra burning the hat.

The problem with a player like Russell is he forgets that others take it personally. I can understand - they are also playing so it is personal for them - THAT is also part of the game. The tv audience doesn't decide, the other players that you end up screwing does - that is what makes the game much more complicated. Russell simplifies it and only considers making to the end - not winning the million to win the million, you need to make it to the end and have people vote for you otherwise you lose. He was so arrogant that he even said that it wasn't luck. Well it was in part, there were several things that could have switched one way or the other that he may not have even been sitting there.

Sandra also was likely to have gone earlier - she made some moves herself - voting off Coach for one. Finding the immunity idol and keeping it to herself. Convincing Russell she didn't have a chance to win.

Russell's ego prevents him from winning plain and simple. I can't remember who it was (might be the cars salesman) that won and pretty much lied throughout the jury questions and answering them how they would want him to answer and he ended up winning. At the reunion show - he pretty much stated that.

0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 10:55 am
@boomerang,
Didn't Parv lobby him for Jeri over Sandra? I think she did, but he had his mind made up.
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 10:57 am
@Reyn,
Nope it was a final 3 - and there were 4 when Russell won the immunity idol. It was Jerri, Pav, Russell and Sandra. Russell was deciding between Jerri and Pav. From one of the questions Jerri asked - Russell got screwed by Pav. Pav revealed that Jerri was voted off because Russell said he would get a guaranteed vote from Jerri.

Plain dumb to say that on Russells part - again his huge ego.
Linkat

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 11:04 am
@Irishk,
She may have - not sure though.

I disagree that Russell is the best player. He crosses the line in a sense. Some one here mentioned how he lies when he doesn't need to - he is mean to everyone when he doesn't need to be. And he is only fair in challenges. Part of being a good survivor candidate is fulling the others into liking you as well. The problem is you can play strategically and cut people in the back, but you have to be able to do in a way that people still respect you.

It is different for the viewing audience - it is easy to recognize his strategy without it personally impacting you - for someone playing with him and you see the way he lies and puts people down and insults them - difficult to respect his play when its personal.
Irishk

Reply Mon 17 May, 2010 11:13 am
@Linkat,
I think they talked about it...Parv knew that in a Russell/Parv/Jeri finale, she'd win. The votes would have been split between her and Russell with Jeri getting zero, but those jurors would have preferred Parv over Russell. JMHO.