Dating a Vegan... and Stuff...

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:00 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:
Thomas - White wine isn't vegan? All whites? I never knew that, and I kind of fancy myself a wine guy. Can you explain?

No I can't. White wine most certainly is vegan, give or take the occasional ant that was crawling about on the grapes. What gave you the impression that I thought otherwise?

I just reread. It was Shewolfnm.

I am still confused.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:01 pm
@ehBeth,
And here is my answer.

Thank you so much ehBeth.
K
O
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:04 pm
@Diest TKO,
Your going to get really tired of trying to find places to eat. But then you will also go to cool places and eat good healthy food. Except you will be hungry.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:07 pm
@Amigo,
Quote:
Your going to get really tired of trying to find places to eat. But then you will also go to cool places and eat good healthy food. Except you will be hungry.

more important is the culture clash between a guy who loves food and a girl who is afraid of her food.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:20 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

Well, I'm in DC and we've got a pretty great food culture here that is very Vegan friendly. I'm not worried about the part where we find places to eat.

T
K
O
Amigo

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:23 pm
@Diest TKO,
I live in Utah.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:33 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:
I live in Utah.

The landscape is beautiful. I don't need to tell you that. I love Utah.

T
K
O
Amigo

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 03:02 am
@Diest TKO,
your making it worse
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:04 am
Go hungry?

wtf?

I can make you a vegan meal that will bust your gut. You will never miss the meat.
There is absolutely NO reason to eat meat every meal. Talk about over kill.
Our bodies are meant to process high amounts of veggies with meat as a side not as a main source.
The vast amount of vitamins our bodies need is proof of that.

We can get away with eating protein once a week and STILL be in optimal health. The beef industry would like you to think other wise.
The beef industry wants you to think you should drink milk to be healthy. That you should have protein at every meal, that a healthy diet is Atkins with meat being your primary source of food.

Its all bullshit. Conventional wisdom.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:04 am
I was being silly about the wine.

Then, beth made it truth.

Shocked
DrewDad

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 08:03 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
I have pretty good wits about people, and I honestly don't pick up an air of superiority from her.

Well, maybe the humble vegans get lost among the trumpeting, poseur vegans.

Either way, I wish you happiness.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 08:11 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

I was being silly about the wine.

Then, beth made it truth.

Shocked

I remembered it from my days in the vegetarian/vegan world. I recall HUGE debates about what beers were acceptable.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 08:13 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:
I'm not worried about the part where we find places to eat.

don't forget that veganism is not about food. It's about lifestyle. It is about politics, ecoactivism.

Thinking about what you can wear when you ride a motorcycle is different when you are a vegan. No leathers.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 08:15 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
Vegans do get to legitimately claim their "**** don't stink" - it's all about the bacteria.

as I said, there is a difference in odor. I find (from my time "inside" as well as outside now) that there is a significant body odor difference. I can smell a vegan in most settings pretty quickly.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 09:34 am
My ex (as she told me) a vegan. All foods in the house were kept seperated. The thing is when it came to clothes (suede/leather) if it was in style it was exempt. When we went to a very nice restaurant she always ordered prime-rib or porterhouse.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 10:20 am
@ehBeth,
oh yes. i went that route too.

I learned rather quickly that I didnt have a poor enough body image to fit in. I didnt like to preach to people either so there was strike two.
Strike three was that I dont fall into the " im better than you" mindset.

I couldnt handle it. I couldnt afford it very well either.

but i will say this.... I have never EVER in my life learned as much about nutrition as I did then. I can go toe to toe with most of the so called nutritionists I know and leave them properly questioning their education.

I was never much of a drinker so alcohol was hardly ever discussed. I never gave it much thought honestly.
I just remember the vegan in my life squacking as she stumbled the importance of red wine in the diet and how white wine was filtered with fish bladder.

I think I actually peed myself laughing so hard
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 02:23 am
I learned a lot in this thread. I now know that dating a vegan means she'll be examining and cataloging the fragrance of my stool samples and comparing them with her own.

This is what dating is about.
K
O
coluber2001

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 11:36 am
The main point to consider is that you both have to be moderate; if either of you fanatically cling to your food philosophies, that will be a killer to the relationship. You have to decide which is most important to you, the relationship or the philosophy. And remember, if the relationship persists and you do get married she'll outlive you by ten years or so, unless you're a heavy smoker, then she'll outlive you another ten years or so.

0 Replies

mtarider1971

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 04:33 pm
@Diest TKO,
for information on the vegetarian restaurants,vegan restaurants and health food stores in and around the area where you live go to "happy cow" on the internet.

for information on vegan recipes go to the internet with the names such as "vegan world order","veg web", and a christian vegan organization called "hallelujah acres diet & lifestyle".

try the internet,one phrase a search,with phrases such as "easy vegan recipes","vegan stir fry recipes","vegan breakfast recipes,"vegan lunch recipes","vegan dinner recipes","healthy vegan dessert recipes", and "healthy vegan snack recipes".good luck.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 04:44 pm
just because someone is vegan does not mean they will live longer or be healthier.

And no. A relationship does not have to focus on FOOD to survive.

2 people can live in the same house and eat completely different diets.

Seriously.