Rape & the U.S. Millitary

hawkeye10

Fri 29 Jan, 2010 08:04 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
Tell me George; were you ever a horny young man? Did this condition cause you to rape anyone?

Yes, do tell George....when you were a horny young man did you ever maneuver a woman into giving it up for you? If you did you raped her, using today's definition. Idiot Bill would have you charged.......

georgeob1

Fri 29 Jan, 2010 09:01 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Tell me George; were you ever a horny young man? Did this condition cause you to rape anyone? Or would you agree that being a horny young man is an insufficient explanation for rape? Point blank: Do you find rape, even by horny young men, to be a despicable crime? And if so, why impugn horny young men in general, with the deeds of the despicable rapist?

I fear you are hyperventillating again. Possibly an overdose of political correctitude.

Rape is a word commonly used today as a label for a very wide range of actions ranging from the despicable and brutal to mere stupidity and lack of good manners. I try to avoid sweeping generalizations of the type you appear to be soliciting here. I strongly suspect the statistics used in the opening of this thread included a strong component of the latter end of this spectrum.

Human beings commit crimes, and there are generally more components to their characters than just the crimes they may commit. Murderers are also capable of love and kindness. "Nice" people often do evil things. You are foolishly trivializing the very complex reality of the human condition. I find it hard to believe that your understanding is really that limited. Have you read any classical literature ? You should try it.
JTT

Fri 29 Jan, 2010 09:29 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
No, but evidently you are that dense, Bill. Have you leapt to the illogical conclusion that I'm defending rape? Surely you're not that dumb.

What I want to know is how you can be so rah rah in your condemnations here while you are stone cold silent on the brutal murders of innocents at the hands of the selfsame US military.

Evidently, you don't count yourself as one of the reasonable.
JTT

Fri 29 Jan, 2010 09:32 pm
Google ad sense didn't make much sense; an HSBC ad completely in French. Was it targeting Francis perhaps?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Fri 29 Jan, 2010 09:44 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Rape is a word commonly used today as a label for a very wide range of actions ranging from the despicable and brutal to mere stupidity and lack of good manners.

The bad-manner rapists out there appreciate that you see a difference between them and those other actually bad rapists George. Who said you said you lacked sympathy. You know who the real victims here are: Those guys who are so maliciously labeled rapists because their manners.

T
K
O
hawkeye10

Fri 29 Jan, 2010 10:11 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
The bad-manner rapists out there appreciate that you see a difference between them and those other actually bad rapists George. Who said you said you lacked sympathy. You know who the real victims here are: Those guys who are so maliciously labeled rapists because their manners.

Your emotional response in no way effects the truth that we need language that reflects the degrees of trespass against another. When any degree of sexual trespass is called rape we have no way of telling what is traditional and necessary manipulation (if one has an empowered erotic self) and violent trespass...which is what rape used to be, and should be again.
georgeob1

Fri 29 Jan, 2010 10:26 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
Rape is a word commonly used today as a label for a very wide range of actions ranging from the despicable and brutal to mere stupidity and lack of good manners.

Do dispute the truth of what I wrote? I was responding to Occam Bill who choses in the first instance to describe rape as only the most heinous of crimes and in the next breath implies that all applications of the word constitute that. Is that your belief as well? Have you both succomed to the insipidities of runaway political correctitude? Do you ever think for yourself? Do you think at all?
Setanta

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 06:11 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
When any degree of sexual trespass is called rape we have no way of telling what is traditional and necessary manipulation (if one has an empowered erotic self) and violent trespass...which is what rape used to be, and should be again.

Only a sick **** like you would come up with a twisted gem such as "traditional and necessary manipulation." Perhaps you could explain how it could ever be "necessary" to manipulate someone just to get a thrill in your little penis.
Diest TKO

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 07:43 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

Do dispute the truth of what I wrote? I was responding to Occam Bill who choses in the first instance to describe rape as only the most heinous of crimes and in the next breath implies that all applications of the word constitute that. Is that your belief as well? Have you both succomed to the insipidities of runaway political correctitude? Do you ever think for yourself? Do you think at all?

yeah yeah yeah...

I grow a bit bored with your replies these days. You are really romanced by the notion that everyone is trapped in some politicaly correct trap and they don't think for themselves. You're retort is rather cliche'. There seems to be nothing more lazy than to reduce a liberal to someone who is just politically correct.

Rolling Eyes pah-lease.

Telling you that you're full of **** for trying to pardon sex offenders by creating some dumbfuck extraordinary class of mislabeled misunderstood-manners rapist has zero to do with being politically correct. Get sorted.

T
K
O
hawkeye10

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 10:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Only a sick **** like you would come up with a twisted gem such as "traditional and necessary manipulation." Perhaps you could explain how it could ever be "necessary" to manipulate someone just to get a thrill in your little penis

Manipulation is a component of passion. Look at yourself here at a2k, all passionate and thus using every trick you can come up with to try to get others to agree with you. Erotic passion is no different, if you have a sexual itch you do what you can to try to get your girl to scratch it......if you care enough to get it done anyways.

The sexual purity zealots when pressed will tell you straight up that passion must be sacrificed in the effort to eliminate power dynamics from intimate relationship. Not me, I am not going there, life without passion is a life without bliss and not worth living.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 10:34 am
@Diest TKO,
You can't put down the argument, so you move directly to putting down the speaker.....how cliche.
OCCOM BILL

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 02:14 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:

Tell me George; were you ever a horny young man? Did this condition cause you to rape anyone? Or would you agree that being a horny young man is an insufficient explanation for rape? Point blank: Do you find rape, even by horny young men, to be a despicable crime? And if so, why impugn horny young men in general, with the deeds of the despicable rapist?

I fear you are hyperventillating again. Possibly an overdose of political correctitude.
Really George? That's what you're going to go with? Why do those questions require ducking? Why are you afraid to answer? And what makes you think political correctitude has anything to do with it? Human decency = political correctitude to you? WTF George?
georgeob1 wrote:
Rape is a word commonly used today as a label for a very wide range of actions ranging from the despicable and brutal to mere stupidity and lack of good manners. I try to avoid sweeping generalizations of the type you appear to be soliciting here. I strongly suspect the statistics used in the opening of this thread included a strong component of the latter end of this spectrum.
Lack of good manners? Quote for me a single Law from any jurisdiction, anywhere in the United States that fits this description. WTF George? Where did you get such an idiotic idea?

georgeob1 wrote:
Human beings commit crimes, and there are generally more components to their characters than just the crimes they may commit. Murderers are also capable of love and kindness. "Nice" people often do evil things. You are foolishly trivializing the very complex reality of the human condition. I find it hard to believe that your understanding is really that limited. Have you read any classical literature ? You should try it.
Good people do bad things? That's all you got, Raskolnikov? You lack the human decency to recognize the equal human rights of half the population and you think you can cover that up by accusing me of being less than well read? WTF Greorge? It is time for you to distinguish yourself from the demented misogynists you’re in concurrence with… or be counted with them.
OCCOM BILL

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 02:27 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

No, but evidently you are that dense, Bill. Have you leapt to the illogical conclusion that I'm defending rape? Surely you're not that dumb.
No, I'm not. And I leapt to no such conclusion either.

JTT wrote:
What I want to know is how you can be so rah rah in your condemnations here while you are stone cold silent on the brutal murders of innocents at the hands of the selfsame US military.
As you stand mute about the 800,000 Iraqis killed before we got there. At 100,000; the death rate of innocents in Iraq over the last 8 years is less than half of what it had been over the previous 23.
Some debates have two sides reasonable people can favor. Some don ‘t. Rape doesn’t.
(Enough off-topic troll feeding.)
djjd62

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 02:31 pm
so the Department of Defense has the market cornered on rape in america

i would have said of all the government agencies it would have been the IRS
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 02:36 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Do dispute the truth of what I wrote?
I do, since you're lying.
georgeob1 wrote:
I was responding to Occam Bill who choses in the first instance to describe rape as only the most heinous of crimes and in the next breath implies that all applications of the word constitute that.
What? I asked you some questions, which you ducked.
georgeob1 wrote:
Is that your belief as well? Have you both succomed to the insipidities of runaway political correctitude? Do you ever think for yourself? Do you think at all?
Political correctitude? Rape is considerably worse than hurting people's feelings, George. WTF is wrong is with you? Distinguish yourself or be counted with the scum you sound like.
Btw, I'm thinking for myself. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 02:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
You can't put down the argument, so you move directly to putting down the speaker.....how cliche.
Your demented argument was destroyed on contact, as always when the collective isn’t collectively ignoring your disgusting presence. People who concur with your demented bullshit are mere collateral damage... of the variety no one gives a **** about.
hawkeye10

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 03:11 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
Your demented argument was destroyed on contact, as always when the collective isn’t collectively ignoring your disgusting presence. People who concur with your demented bullshit are mere collateral damage... of the variety no one gives a **** about

you suffer from delusions of grandeur I take it....you thinking that you can speak for the collective. Of more concern though is your continued efforts to shout down views that you dont agree with, and your lack of respect for your fellow man along with minority views.

hawkeye10

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 03:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
any chance Bill is ready to move off of attacking his fellow a2k members and onto the subject matter of the tread?

Given his posting history I am being a huge optimist to even consider that it could happen.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 03:44 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
As you stand mute about the 800,000 Iraqis killed before we got there. At 100,000; the death rate of innocents in Iraq over the last 8 years is less than half of what it had been over the previous 23.

I'd say that's a moot point, Bill. Haven't you heard, Saddam is dead.

You know, the Saddam that was favored and supported by the US throughout that period when the, you say, 800,000 died, including the Kurds that were left hanging in the wind by Bush1.

Did you miss that point raised by that wise man Setanta; you can't excuse your own criminality by pointing out that there are others who are worse.

To do so when you are so prone to waving your arms about and yelling, "Look look at us, we're the defenders of what's right and just", is even that much more difficult to stomach.

But you seem to do alright. [Insert confused emoticon]

Quote:
Some debates have two sides reasonable people can favor.

I see, so you favor the killing of innocents, based on a torrent of lies, as long as it's your side that does the murder. Reasonable people would feel that is a awfully strange idea of morality.

But you seem to do alright.

Which brings us back to the point; how can you be so jumpin' up righteous about one heinous crime but so seemingly content with others equally as heinous. It just don't compute.

0 Replies

JTT

Sat 30 Jan, 2010 03:53 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Bill, you're trying to frame this as a question of morality/human decency to a man who defends and supports the murder, torture, rape ... of other peoples by his government, a man who has, at the least, as an accessory, taken part in such events.

[The rising intonation at the end signals a question]

0 Replies