How do I get a boy friend

emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 09:07 am
ok ok guys ill think long and hard about it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 09:59 am
Oh, come on, guys! It's perfectly normal and healthy for a 15 year old girl to wish she had a boyfriend.

The point they're trying to make, emshae...(I think)...is that some girls have the mistaken idea that you have to have a boyfriend to be "complete." That, somehow, you're not good enough if you're not part of a couple. That is utter nonsense, and a lot of people get themselves in trouble thinking that way.

It's perfectly fine to be alone.
And it's perfectly fine to have a boyfriend.

The truth is, there are pros & cons to both.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 10:12 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:
Oh, come on, guys! It's perfectly normal and healthy for a 15 year old girl to wish she had a boyfriend.

absolutely! I also think it's vital for emotional and social development that young women have opportunities to generally interact with young men of about their age (hanging out/dating etc). Fifteen seems a bit late to be getting started with that, but better late than never.

0 Replies

emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:14 pm
I fully understand that I do not need a guy to complete me, and i do not feel that is why i want a bf. I want one so I have someone to talk to and hang out with. A person that I'd feel conferable with all the time. Also a person to hold me when i cry.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:26 pm
Quote:
I want one so I have someone to talk to and hang out with. A person that I'd feel conferable with all the time. Also a person to hold me when i cry.

That person is called a girlfriend or a mother. You might be disappointed if you expect this from guys. Most of them are not programmed that way. It doesn't make them bad, just male.
Seed

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:31 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh that hits hard Green, oh so hard...
emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:38 pm
@Seed,
shut up Seed
emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 12:38 pm
@Green Witch,
My mom and i dont really get along.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 01:07 pm
@emshae,
Ok, I know when to leave.
emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:27 pm
@Seed,
thank you.. :/
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:32 pm
@emshae,
It does seem that you've got some unrealistic expectations of what you will get from a boyfriend.

Do you have any female friends?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:33 pm
@emshae,
... telling Seed to shut up isn't a good way to make friends at A2K
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:34 pm
@Seed,
Don't take it in a personal way, Seed. Men just show their love and support in different ways. I think it's hard for men to hold hands and wipe tears away. It doesn't mean they can't feel empathy and compassion; they are just more likely to express it by fixing a woman's car or unclogging a drain. Trust me, women appreciate that and understand that it comes from the heart. Most women I know are always complaining how the men in their lives don't hug them unless prompted and most physical affection leads to the guy initiating sex - even if the woman is mourning the loss of her beloved kitty cat or grandmother. Men are just wired differently when it comes to soothing emotional wounds.

Em., I think you really need to find a social network of support. It's great when it can be family, but sometimes we have to find it elsewhere. It's a good reason to stay active socially and be outgoing. The old saying of you have to be a friend to make a friend is true.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:37 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
Em., I think you really need to find a social network of support. It's great when it can be family, but sometimes we have to find it elsewhere. It's a good reason to stay active socially and be outgoing. The old saying of you have to be a friend to make a friend is true.

this can't be repeated enough
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:49 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
Don't take it in a personal way, Seed. Men just show their love and support in different ways. I think it's hard for men to hold hands and wipe tears away. It doesn't mean they can't feel empathy and compassion; they are just more likely to express it by fixing a woman's car or unclogging a drain. Trust me, women appreciate that and understand that it comes from the heart. Most women I know are always complaining how the men in their lives don't hug them unless prompted and most physical affection leads to the guy initiating sex - even if the woman is mourning the loss of her beloved kitty cat or grandmother. Men are just wired differently when it comes to soothing emotional wounds.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/735/12af32c72f8c4ddd8ab1e6e.jpg
0 Replies

emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 03:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Gene gets on my nerves. and i have like one friend that is a girl. thats his sister.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:08 pm
@emshae,
Do mean you know Seed (aka Gene) and his sister is your friend?
emshae

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:14 pm
@Green Witch,
no no no. Mia is my friend,she is Nathaniel's little sister (the guy i like). Seed is just a random person that got kicked by a donkey. messed him up a lil if you cant tell. Love you Gene. Smile sorry i have to admit that was a little confusing.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:22 pm
@emshae,
Thank you for clarifying that.
I've interacted with Seed for awhile on this forum and personally, I think he is a great person and you would be lucky to hook up with a guy like him.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:31 pm
@Green Witch,
He got kicked by a donkey
and has not recovered ?