American Idol====Everything you want to say!

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:24 am
Tourette's, as with some other conditions, has suffered what I call TV-Writer's Syndrome, the urgent need to find the most dramatic aspect of any disease and place it in a script, usually in ER, Law and Order or House. Coprolalia and Echolalia do exist in Tourette's patients, but both are not as prominent as Screen Writers Guild would lead us to believe. The guy could sing a little but he'll not go far.
The Barney Girl was so cute and she COULD sing, but who decided she should show up as a dominatrix? Weird. I hope she just bites down and works hard on showing just how well she can tackle the music.
Who else?

Joe(um. Nobody.)Nation
Green Witch

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 07:28 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Who else?

The dock worker had a good voice. Also the guy with the two little girls. I think he was over the age limit (he was 29? cut off 26?), but I assume if you have talent they don't make a fuss. I also was not impressed by the Tourette's guy. Nice face, B- voice.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 12:18 pm
@Green Witch,
Joe Jonas! How could you not know who he was! My 7 year old screamed and I had to let her stay up when she saw Joe. He didn't say hardly anything though.

She, my daughter, plans on marrying him.

I liked the whip girl too - and I remembered her from her Barney days. She still seemed sweet even with the whip.
Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 12:20 pm
@Joe Nation,
I think she said it was to hide the overly cutesy, sweet Barney child image.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 12:50 pm
@Linkat,
I'm fairly out of the loop when it comes to things 7 year olds are attracted to. My niece said something about them being "singing virgins".

Whip girl has potential and the advantage of being comfortable performing in front of a crowd.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 12:55 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I liked the whip girl too - and I remembered her from her Barney days.

Me too!

Weird thing: I had no idea who she was until I looked her up but when I saw this I immediately thought of a specific Barney cast member -- turns out that's who it is (Erica Rhodes). She definitely had charisma or something back then. (No whip though.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 01:39 pm
@Linkat,
Second aside -- sozlet has maintained that they're "gross" and rolls her eyes and turns off the TV when they come on, BUT she likes Nick's new solo effort ("Who I Am" or whatever) and is allowing that he's kind of cool. Just him. Alone. (She cannot abide Kevin.)
Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 02:10 pm
@sozobe,
Yes - my older daughter prefers Nick as well. But not like like. Neither cares for the older boy (who by the way just got married). And makes sense Joe was there - they live in the area. Just moved there around the time we were planning on moving there - was another plus for my daughters.

I know waay too much about these boys.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 11:56 pm
Everyone is starting to sound the same to me. Glad we're moving into the next phase.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:30 pm
@Roberta,
I'm with you, Roberta! Can't wait for the next phase and I am so curious how
Ellen will fit in and how the dynamic shifts with her being there.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 04:09 am
Ellen seemed to fit in just fine.

The standout for me was the guy who sang the Paula Abdul song. He was terrific, IMO. I wasn't blown away by anybody else.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 09:47 am
@Roberta,
I agree, Roberta! Ellen brings in the much needed comic relief. It must be
a very tense situation for all the contestants: they're nervous, they're scared
and a nice laugh in between will do wonders for them.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 11:38 am
I hope people will join me in writing to Vanessa Wolfe in Vonroe, Tennessee to encourage her to keep going, keep singing, keep following her bliss.

Joe(I sent her a card this morning)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 12:03 pm
Sorry, it's VONORE, TN 37885
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:31 pm
I'm waiting foe the geriatric spin off. then I can tour retirement homes and make the big money.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 06:05 am
bear: I am always surprised when a new season of television arrives without an over-Fiftys Idol. Why do you think that is?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 07:25 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
There's alway America's Got Talent. Look at Susan Boyle. She doesn't have beauty or youth, just talent and heart. You've got talent and heart, Bear. I've never voted in any of these competitions, but if you get on AGI I promise to tie up the phone lines with my repeat dialer.

I found last night's AI underwhelming. There was more whining and complaining than singing. A couple of people I liked were sent packing.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 07:22 am
So far, this looks like the best of the mediocre.

Joe(I've been fooled before.)Nation
Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 02:38 pm
@Joe Nation,
I think the guy who sang the Paula Abdul song shows real promise. The rest were unimpressive. Too much rehearsing and arguing last week. Let's see some singing this week.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 04:04 pm
I h-a-t-e group week. I know it weeds out a lot of the ones who have somehow slipped through, but it always seems to tie some who could have succeeded to oddball control freaks.

Joe(divas and egomaniacs)Nation
0 Replies