Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:30 pm
Mad Woke up a 6am to walk our dog, slipped up on the ice. Funny at the time, and just that, i'd have been fine with.
8am I went to get breakfast to find we were out of food. Head up the shop and brilliant "Shop closed until Monday"
The next shop is quite far away and i couldn't leave the little kids at home alone (my dad had left for work)
So i went back, got them ready and we all set off to the next shop. Half way the 6 year old decided he couldn't walk any further so it took 10 minutes of persuasion at some minus temperature to get him walking again.
Eventually got there and the 8 year old walks straight into a stack of buiscuits, so we spent the next 20 minutes re-stacking them with a member of staff. Went to buy some cerial and milk to find i only had a couple quid, so it was cerial or milk.
So we got home at ten and sat walking a slowing dying TV eating dry cerial.
At 11 my mum got home and we all went to my sisters grave so lay flowers and what not. Right across the earth lay 3 nice big foot prints - How nice is that? What kind of person walks straight across freshly laid earth, even more so across a ten year old's grave?
So at half twelve we left there, got in the car to head home and to round off the morning got halfway up a hill until the car decided it was too slippey. Bottom of the hill, scratched bumper and some very angry ladys broken fence (nobody hurt) by the time we were back home all parking spaces had been taken by various nabours and their friends.
And as a lovely surprise when we got in the house my brother had left the freezer open. Hadn't been too long but we still had an rather large puddle across the kitchen.
Of course by that point my mum was fed up enough to decide the open freezer was my fault and that our familt were just generally infuriating and stormed off to stay with my grandparents for another night, i sometimes think my 6 year old brother is more mature.
Saying that, he just blocked the toilet after an experiment to see how much toilet paper amoung other stuff he could flush at once.
So my dad came home to a house with no food, no wife and hyper children running around chucking dry cerial at each other.
He then proceded to sit by the front door and cry. The company he works for a starting to struggle and of course at the moment everyone seems to be losing their jobs so he has that to worry about and all.
To top it all off, the phone rang at 6:30 with the news that Holly, a 9 year old that was in hospital with my sister, also fighting cancer lost her fight today.

So all in all,
Today was crap.
Just thought i'd vent that with you. Congratulations by the way, if you read this far.

How was everyone elses day? I hope your was better.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:45 pm
Much better than yours, Abbie. Much better. I got to cook for a friend's birthday, which had been a couple of days ago, celebrated again now.

Well, first, I sympathize with all you are going through.
Next, I subscribe to your own dealing with it, which is to write and feel and write, feeling.
Next, I think you are an incipient very good writer, but I think you know that already and are using it as a cushion and a work-it-through, which I completely agree with doing.

My only squeezed in suggestion is to go for walks alone sometimes, but I'm not clear that you have that opportunity, guessing the writing is your long walks.
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Glad you day was good. Wink

Quote:
guessing the writing is your long walks.
Yeah, i guess so. It's not likely that'd i'd have enough time alone outside to travel much further than the recycling bins. The only useful think i can do at the moment is look after the kids and believe me, small children and long walks are almost a suicide attempt.
msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:53 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:
So all in all,
Today was crap.
Just thought i'd vent that with you.

That does indeed sound like a crap day, Abbie.
It isn't at all fair that so much crap happens in one day, that's what I think.

How many hours left to this wretched day? I'm hoping that something good will happen for you. Assuming there's the time. Smile
Rockhead

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:54 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
venting is good.

working late on a junk honda with the most complicated vaccuumed up carburetor in existence. my hands are too big and clumsy, and the stove is maxxed keeping up with the single digits outside.

every tomorrow is a new one.

here's hoping yours is better'n today, and mine as well...
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:55 pm
@msolga,
Well actually, it was over two hours ago, but i wouldn't really count it as a new day until morning.
So today has to be a really good day, to make up for it...
Rolling Eyes
msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:57 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:
Well actually, it was over two hours ago, but i wouldn't really count it as a new day until morning.
So today has to be a really good day, to make up for it...
Rolling Eyes

I agree! More than good, even!

What would you like to happen today?

We'll see what we can do. Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:01 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
My day was blandly spent in hermit fashion here in my bedroom. So nothing noteworthy to report here.

Despite, your pratfalls today, keep pushing yourself into going out to help your family and with your family. You will find yourself hitting the brick wall that is days like this ... that's just the price of life I guess.

The important thing is that you have friends and family to support you as well as you to be friends and family and supportive to those around you.

Take this crappy days in stride and understand the simple statement, this too shall pass.

PS: If you don't mind and share some pics of of the family poochie... http://able2know.org/topic/135039-1
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:02 pm
@msolga,
For a start, i think we need to melt this ice! Fancy sharing some of the Aussie sun?
Does anyone have a large saucepan i can borrow to wack my mother with, so she can stop acting like a crazy person (I am joking... i swear... Laughing )
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:05 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Ah.

I think you need time and place to cry your heart silly. When my husband left, I walked for a lot of miles with tears running down my face some of the time. Not that that's a curative. Grief doesn't just evaporate, and it shouldn't.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:05 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Here you go... will this saucepan do?
http://thegalaxyguide.com/galaxy/astronomy/bigdipper.jpg
msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:08 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:
For a start, i think we need to melt this ice! Fancy sharing some of the Aussie sun?

No problem, Abbie. I'm arranging that for you now.

Quote:
Does anyone have a large saucepan i can borrow to wack my mother with, so she can stop acting like a crazy person (I am joking... i swear... Laughing )

I happen to have a spare , large, very heavy saucepan you can borrow ... Twisted Evil

You're pretty easy to please, Abbie! Very Happy
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well, i guess that one's pretty big Wink
Is your dog the husky? It's really cute.
We've got a collie, he's absolutly mental. He's asleep at the end of the bed right now, with a caution electical sticker on his paw and pink nails, for whcih i assume my sister is to blaime...
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:13 pm
@msolga,
Yep, that'll be great, thanks. Wink
So what time is it for you at the moment?
Mame

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:16 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Hey Abbie... you have a lot on your plate, especially with your mother acting the way she is. You're young to carry all that. You just do what you need to do - come here and tell us all about it - we're all listening and we're here for you.

Osso, when my daughter died, I went to work and people would come up and tell me my face was wet and, you know, I wasn't even aware of it. That went on for a year or more. Then when my grandson died, I went to work as usual, no sign of any grief all day, but as soon as I got in the car, I cried all the way home, and most of the evening, too, for four black, black months. Grief has its own schedule. I let it happen (well, what are you going to do?) and in fact, welcomed the pain.

Abbie, you just keep coming here and talking to us. Most of us, if not all, have been through something like this in our lives, and we've all been teenagers. Oodles of sympathy and compassion to you, hon.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:17 pm
On walking, I'll admit it was a luxury, though I catch that you think of it as frightening. I was lucky, I had a beach a mile away. The thing about the walking is - apparently - the boost one gets from exercise.

Well, boosts also come from creativity - I'd pick that first. Time to dance, and I don't mean exactly jolly.. time to draw? time to just sit?
msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:18 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Here ya go, Abbie. Defrost! Enjoy! Very Happy

http://z.about.com/d/goaustralia/1/0/i/e/longreefbeach.jpg
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, i live by the sea here but it's either freezing cold in winter or packed with tourists in summer. Plus i haven't gone down to the sea since boxing day, way to many memories that i'd rather wait a while before i re-visit.

I draw a lot, and paint and stuff. Haven't had time for ages though.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:21 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:
So what time is it for you at the moment?

It's 1:21 pm right now in the eastern states of Oz, Abbie.
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:21 pm
@msolga,
Ooh that looks nice.

I think i may have to move to the other side of the world. It looks alot warmer.