djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:23 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
AbbieMcKenley wrote:

Ooh that looks nice.

I think i may have to move to the other side of the world. It looks alot warmer.

sometimes it gets too warm

http://www.cringel.com/files/images/adia-2007-09-01-DSC-5227-bush-fire-in-outback-western-australia-cringel.com.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:24 pm
@Mame,
Somewhat before I had to put down my dog - no, I am in no way equating that with having my/a sister dying, trust me - I mentioned on a2k that I tended to cry in the car. A poster suggested it was a sign of serious depression and, if I remember, that I should connect to a counsellor. But I'd been through grief before, and recognized it.

I also recognize your comment on 'welcome the pain'.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:24 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:
I think i may have to move to the other side of the world. It looks alot warmer.

Oh I can assure you it is, Abbie!

So, should you ever consider a relocation .....! Wink

0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:27 pm
@djjd62,
Ah, yes, that does look a little too warm.
Well, we have enough rain here, perhaps our countries should consider sharing a little...
msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:28 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
sometimes it gets too warm

True. Too true.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:30 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
i'm in canada, we get a little of everything, hot summers, cold winters
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:32 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:
Well, we have enough rain here, perhaps our countries should consider sharing a little...

Yes! Excellent suggestion!

A bit of moderation, I say!

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:39 pm
@msolga,
Just checked the website for kids with Neuroblastoma earlier. Looking through i saw that my sister had been moved from the "In Treatment" section to the "Angels" one. I'll post the link; http://www.beebo.info/angels/angels.html
On that pages theres 168 kids who lost their lives to Neuroblastoma, and thats only a handful of them. 126 who are in remission (NED)
So i have one more aside from the sauce pan and melted ice.
Any chance of a cure? I'll add that to the list. Hope it's not too hard Wink
msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:45 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
"Angel warriors". Smile

http://www.beebo.info/angels/angels-title.jpg

Quote:
On that pages theres 168 kids who lost their lives to Neuroblastoma, and thats only a handful of them. 126 who are in remission (NED)
So i have one more aside from the sauce pan and melted ice.
Any chance of a cure? I'll add that to the list. Hope it's not too hard Wink

No problem. That goes to the very top of the list, Abbie. Wink

Wouldn't it be wonderful, though, if a cure was found?
AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:51 pm
@msolga,
This is as close as they've got so far
Quote:
New Cancer Research UK trial offers hope for childhood cancer
Thursday 10 December 2009
Cancer Research UK Press Release
CHILDREN in the UK with a high risk form of the childhood cancer neuroblastoma are set to benefit from a new international clinical trial " funded by Cancer Research UK - which uses immunotherapy to help prevent the disease from coming back.

The phase III trial, which opens in the UK this month, builds on early promising results from a US study* which found that treatment with immunotherapy " boosting the immune system to fight the disease - improved the chances of survival from the disease.

Around 100 children are diagnosed with neuroblastoma** every year in the UK, usually under the age of five. Overall six out of ten children are successfully treated, but for children with advanced forms of the cancer it is very difficult to treat successfully. Doctors estimate that around 40 children per year in the UK would be eligible for and potentially benefit from this new treatment.
This immunotherapy treatment hunts down neuroblastoma cells that have survived conventional treatment by recognising specific molecules on their surface called GD2 antigens. After sticking to the neuroblastoma cells the antibodies then recruit the body’s immune defences to attack and destroy neuroblastoma cells reducing the chance of the disease coming back.

Apparently, had they found this in 2007, when Lilia was in remission, then she's likely to have stayed in remission and still be with us. She'd have been the perfect candiate. Kind of them to tell us that wasn't it?
Melee Antoinette

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:58 pm
ughhh i am sorry op! i fell and slipped on ice this season as well and broke my ankle pretty badly. Be careful out there!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:58 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:

Apparently, had they found this in 2007, when Lilia was in remission, then she's likely to have stayed in remission and still be with us. She'd have been the perfect candiate. Kind of them to tell us that wasn't it?

Sighing.
Yes, if only.
There must be so many if onlys, Abbie ...

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:01 pm
@msolga,
Hundreds.

If only we were super rich and could've taken her to New York, their the best at treating NB.
Ceh.

Then again, i suppose the biggest "If Only" would be If only Lilia didn't get cancer. I suppose if it had been like that i'd find her just as annoying as i find my other sister. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:04 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Right! and there's the thing.
msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:07 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Quote:
If only we were super rich and could've taken her to New York, their the best at treating NB.
Ceh.

Then again, i suppose the biggest "If Only" would be If only Lilia didn't get cancer. I suppose if it had been like that i'd find her just as annoying as i find my other sister. Smile

Smile Yes.
0 Replies

AbbieMcKenley

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:15 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, night everyone.
3:15 am, i'm off to bed.
Still, that's the earliest i've been to bed in almost 10 days.

Msogla, enjoy your day, as you've only just reached afternoon Smile

JPB

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:17 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
G'nite, Abbie.

Here's hoping tomorrow (today) is a better one.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:17 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Thanks, Abbie.

And sweet dreams to you.

BTW I have arranged an excellent day for you. Just you wait & see! Very Happy
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:19 pm
@AbbieMcKenley,
Good night Abbie! Maybe if you believe hard enough that tomorrow will be a good day , you'll make it a pleasant self-fulfilling prophesy, non?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:28 pm
Wow. That's enough crap for several crappy days. Feel fortunate to have pushed through it all in one! I'll be wishing you better tomorrows.

Ps. That Angels page is as adorable as it is heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing.