Predict the NFL Super Bowl Champ. Win Big, Big Prizes*!

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 07:34 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Good luck Tico...actually I can't say that; I hope my NFC West division rivals get their asses handed to them by Green Bay for the 2nd week in a row. I mean at least my Seahawks scored 10 points. And don't give me this crap about "we played our backups". Laughing

Okay, how about ... "we played our backups, and we play them in a week so we didn't want to show our hand in a meaningless game ... rope-a-dope ... etc., etc. ..."?

We'll see. We took a few injuries in the game that I hope don't affect us this week.

Quote:
Really though, I hope they lose. Twisted Evil

I can appreciate that. Wink
George

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 10:12 am
Cincinnati (def. NYJ)
New England (def. Baltimore)
Dallas (def. Philadelphia)
Arizona (def. Green Bay)

I wish I felt better about the Patriots.
With Welker out, they are a long shot.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 01:06 pm
Clubber's Picks:
NYJ
Balt
Phil
G. Bay

Johnboy's Picks:
Cincy
Balt
Dallas
G Bay
lmur

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 01:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
(1) BENGALS

(2) PATRIOTS

(3) COWBOYS

(4) PACKERS

As Dylan sang:
The last one now will later be first...
(I know, I know).

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 01:57 pm
@lmur,
Yeah--but he sneers when he sings it. There's a classy sneer in Masked and Anonymous. In the trailer scene when they are discussing Jailhouse Rock. The lady does it as she slams a drawer shut or something of that nature. It's worth seeing the film just for that. The beginning's good when the guard finds Dylan's eyes with his torch in the dungeon. It's like an apparition coming right out of nowhere with a Homeric tale to follow.

And an explanation of what The Drifter's Escape is all about. It's about getting the football into the end-zone using lightnings and incantations instead of brute force, devious cunning and no small amount of skill. But with such large squads and the size required there can't be that many natural sportsmen in the same division as Tiger Woods who, whatever else he may be, is on his own against the whole world rather than playing the lads from the next parish and that brings a lot of pressure to bear which takes a lot of relieving. No small amount of skill is a satisfactory phrase I think.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 05:27 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
toronto blue jays, i'm leaning towards the blue jays

I've got some nice blue jays Xmas ornaments for you if this pans out.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:08 pm
Tuesday night. 18 folks have submitted picks. I have included Sozobe who, in the past, has declined to play these silly games. I am counting on her love of the Packers and a bit of persuasion from O'Bill to keep her involved.
9 other folks have expressed an interest.
Anyone out there in A2K land is welcome to play.
We look forward to having you join us...even if some of us might snicker at your picks.
spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
Like Mac did on seeing my Week 17 picks.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:24 pm
@realjohnboy,
(psst... I love the Packers but the Vikings have my main allegiance these days and are my "sure hope so anyway" pick for the Super Bowl... shocking I know...)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Tuesday night. 18 folks have submitted picks. I have included Sozobe who, in the past, has declined to play these silly games. I am counting on her love of the Packers and a bit of persuasion from O'Bill to keep her involved.
9 other folks have expressed an interest.
Anyone out there in A2K land is welcome to play.
We look forward to having you join us...even if some of us might snicker at your picks.

Even if you pick your choices via nostalgia, regionalism, or flip-o-coin!
http://www.youthnoise.com/Assets/Image/Gill's%20images/coin_flip.jpg
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:36 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:
(probably some time in the next decade.)

Laughing

My picks are the same as yours though. 'Cept I think it will be the Colts or N.E., not the Chargers. I do worry about the Packers/ Vikings game. Brett's motivation is waning ("oh man, them again??") while Rodgers WANTS to beat Brett already. And the Packers finished the year strong.

I think that'll be the main hurdle. If the Vikings get past the Pack, I think they can go all the way.
I'm just hoping they both make it that far! This way, either Brett will be playing in another Superbowl... or he'll be sending the Pack there! Win/Win!
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Even if you pick your choices via nostalgia, regionalism, or flip-o-coin!

One player here, not to be named, makes picks based on the QB with the "cutest butt." I kid you not. Did as well as most of us in the regular season Pick-um game here.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:44 pm
@realjohnboy,
johnboy, I told you that in the strictest of confidence...

Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
That's not me, I go by the eyes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:45 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Yeah, well I have my long-suffering dad to worry about too... he moved to MN in the mid-70's and has been a Vikings fan (and a Minnesotan) ever since. Poor guy.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 08:18 pm
@Ticomaya,
Best of luck, Tico. I'm thinking this might be a preview shot:

http://phoenix.fanster.com/cardinals/files/2009/08/woodsonstripswarner.jpg
As one wise fan put it on his banner last week: "3/4 of the world is covered by water.

The other 1/4 is covered by Woodson
." Wink
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 08:21 pm
@sozobe,
Bet he's warming up to having Brett on his team by now!
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:18 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
The other 1/4 is covered by Woodson Wink

Woodson can't cover Fitzerald when Fitz is playing for real. Plus, I'm thinking his shoulder is hurting more than he's letting on. We'll see. I'm just happy they made the playoffs.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:28 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Oh yeah! He's always liked Brett 'cause of me -- the Vikings would tank and then he'd cheer on the Packers because I was cheering on the Packers. He's convinced that the Vikings, as a team, have deep psychological problems that Brett can't fix, though, and that they're only doing this well so that their inevitable failure will be as excruciating as possible.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 05:31 pm
@realjohnboy,
we're not picking all the way through this year?