dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:01 am
@msolga,
Done and dusted.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:01 am
@msolga,
IT'S xmas morning 7 a.m. and here in albaturkey new mexico it's 5 degrees F, I'm pretty sure in C it's cold. This Is albaturkey not Chicago. 5 FREAKIN' DEGREES.
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:07 am
@dyslexia,
Better put on your long johns, then, dys.

Best wishes to you & Diane. You weren't planning a barbecue, were you? Brrrrrrr
hamburgboy

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:23 am
@msolga,
Quote:
Better put on your long johns

i already did ! nice and cozy .
freezing rain starts tonight and will continue into saturday -
not unusual for ontario .
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:25 am
@dyslexia,
This could explain it. Wow! Shocked

blizzards blast US

Posted Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:08pm AEDT
Updated Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28pm AEDT

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200912/r490251_2540435.jpg
The northern parts of the system were expected to drop up to 61 centimetres of snow. (Reuters: Finbarr O'Reilly)

A massive winter storm has forced scores of US churches to cancel Christmas Eve services as blizzards and freezing rain brought treacherous holiday travel conditions for millions of Americans.

At least 19 deaths were attributed to the nasty storm system which began on Wednesday and was not expected to clear before Saturday (local time).

Quote:
"This is a holiday mess," Chris Vaccaro, a spokesman for the National Weather Service, said of the second brutal winter blast to sock much of the US in the past week.

"The storm is spanning two thirds of the country," he said.

"Its effects run the gamut from severe thunderstorms in the Gulf Coast to ice in New England to really what is a raging blizzard in the lower plains."

The northern parts of the massive system were expected to drop up to 61 centimetres of snow by Christmas Day, while blizzard warnings were issued from North Dakota to Texas.

Flood and tornado warnings were issued further south with roads in the state of Alabama under water on Thursday.

Freezing rain and ice storms also threatened the states of Pennsylvania, North Carolina, the Washington capital region and the Appalachian mountains.

Churches in several states cancelled services for Thursday as well as Christmas Day, citing the treacherous conditions.

"Significant amounts of ice accumulations will make travel dangerous or impossible," the weather service warned.

"Ice accumulations and winds will likely lead to snapped power lines and falling tree branches that add to the danger."

South Dakota, Texas and Oklahoma declared states of emergency and called up national guard troops to help dig out stranded travellers.

"I am urging all Oklahomans to take winter storm precautions and stay off the roads unless travel is absolutely necessary," Governor Brad Henry said. ...<cont>

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/25/2780738.htm
dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:27 am
@msolga,
yeah, I need to dig out my silks and throw a log in the fireplace. Diane went back to bed under the comforter and sally dog. we are comfortable but that damn cat Dante snuck out last night and was not discovered until 6 a.m. this morning at the back door. He is now wrapped up in my blanket on the sofa, siamese cats don't tolerate ANY level of discomfomfort whatsoever.
We have t-bone/ porterhouse steaks to go with baked taters and spinich with Osso when she makes it over today. Diane will make an applepie like she did for Thomas when he was here.
Actually I am spending this day being grateful for the wonderful a2k folks who have visited spent time with us over the years. Some very wonderful experiences.
I can't say I love you msolga but I can say you and some others have worked your way into our hearts. For someone like me who has no heart that is quite an accomplishment, I applaud you.
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:28 am
@hamburgboy,
G'day hamburger!

Wise man!

Christmas greetings to you! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:36 am
@dyslexia,
Good luck, this is going to be an "interesting" festive event, dys!

Yes, you can say you love us! Of course you can! We might even like that!

We might even admit we're rather fond of you, too! Under duress, mind! Wink Smile

Thank you, dys.
I actually just got a lump in my throat.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:41 am
@msolga,
rain here and temps above freezing, a green christmas down our way

pot roast in the slow cooker for supper, just finished french toast and peameal bacon for breakfast, teas brewing, what more could you ask for
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:44 am

Enjoy your celebrations & get togethers, everyone.
And rug up & stay warm in those freezing cold parts of the planet!

Good night/morning from me.

Please feel free to keep whinging & whining, though .... Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:46 am
@djjd62,
Didn't see you, djjd.

Have a good one, possum! Stay warm.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 11:39 am
I could be having a fine day to myself, but my phone won't shut up. They know I'm not coming. Why do they need to make me feel guilty about it? Ho Ho Ho. Bastards.
Anyone else spending X-mas alone?
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 11:56 am
@echi,
Well, yeah, and that's the way I prefer it. And y'know, I understand those phones have OFF switches... at least mine does.

And oh yeah, Christmas is all about guilt... Why oh why did they have to send a present/card this year, when we didn't send them anything? I hate that.

I'm glad it IS Christmas, since tomorrow it will all be over for an entire year. YAY!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 12:27 pm
@dyslexia,
The spinach at the market was wretched.. so it's garlic butter green beans and sauteed mushrooms with a little pasilla chile..

Good day to all of us grouches however we spend it...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 12:34 pm
I'm s'posed to be at gram's already.

not feelin' as good as I could. (she would talk about how i'm never early, even if i was early)

gonna fire up the truck and let the heater get close to serviceable in a minute.

then I got a ham to bake, taters to mash, and mebbe scrabble, iff'n my head clears some.

I propose a toast to December 26th.

and road salt.
echi

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 12:36 pm
@BorisKitten,
I guess I like to know who's calling. And I will respond to a text sometimes.

I can't tell if you're joking about sending presents, but I absolutely hate it.
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:18 pm
@echi,
Well, NO, actually, I'm totally serious about the Christmas-Present-Imbalance-Guilt.

It seems to happen every single year: Either we send them too many things, or they send us too many things. I Hates It! Bah, Humbug!

Let's all celebrate the END of Christmas, and look forward to a Happy New Year!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:20 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

I propose a toast to December 26th.

Dunno about the road salt, here in FL, but I am Very Happily Toasting to Dec. 26th!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 05:26 pm
I'm SO glad it's all over!

Hubby & I both dislike Christmas, when you HAFTA give people presents, not because you care about them, but because you feel obligated, thinking they're going to give YOU presents.

Frankly all of these commercially-initiated holidays annoy us, but this is the worst one all year.

It's awful, it sucks, and we both hate it, prompting hubby to say "We're Soul Mates," which, OK, made me happy on Christmas Day.

Let's celebrate, shall we, that yet another Christmas/Guilt/Anxiety is Behind Us! Phew!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 06:32 pm
@echi,
Quote:
I could be having a fine day to myself, but my phone won't shut up. They know I'm not coming. Why do they need to make me feel guilty about it? Ho Ho Ho. Bastards.
Anyone else spending X-mas alone?

I do like your attitude, echi! I see on another thread that you hate people, too! Very Happy
Excellent work.
Keep it up!
0 Replies