I WANT AN ELECTRIC TRUFFLE SLICER FOR CHRISTMAS

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:17 am
I just want a truffle. I can get it sliced, somehow.
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:40 am
@edgarblythe,
First, plant the truffles. Then, buy a lot of pigs. This is beginning to sound like FarmVille.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:43 am
@Lightwizard,
I love video games and video game culture and even I don't get FarmVille. And I love the Sims so that open ended nature of gaming appeals to me as well so that's not an issue either.

The French would say you would need their particular soil to grow the only true delicious truffles so why bother? Cool
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:47 am
No way my dog's gonna tolerate living with pigs.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:47 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:
Aha, the A2K URL button is broken -- it adds a series of semi-colons and I don't know what else and just leads to my Google home page but probably just the Google search page. Wonder what gives there?

If you're posting a link on A2K -- just the link itself -- don't use the URL button ... just paste the code.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 11:34 am
@edgarblythe,
Let me suggest you force your dogs to watch Babe! Dogs and pigs can live together peacefully!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyb4FUUMwI
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 11:37 am
@tsarstepan,
Pigs can, but not Punky.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 01:05 pm
I was so used to the old link button which asked to name the link instead of displaying the entire address, I was determined to make the URL button into the same feature!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 09:08 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I I am currently involved in serching for a stainless steel colt 44 to keep in the silverware drawer.

Why on earth would you want a stainless steel gun in the silverware drawer? How tacky!

Why wouldn't you keep it with the stainless steel cutlery? Confused

Or get one of those cutesy little silver guns!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 09:39 pm
@margo,
I wonder if he plans on shooting electric truffles with the stainless steel kitchen designed pistol?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar Stepan

Royal Sir:

Here is a link,
in case Your Majesty wants to look it over:

http://www.oneifbyland.com/

tsarstepan wrote:
Andy Warhol was also a fameophile...
Quote:
In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes.
May It Please the Tsar:
On the evening of Monday Dec. 14th, 2009, I am putting the Opulent Mensan Special Interest Group
into a restaurant once owned by Vice President Aaron Burr, before he slew America 's first Secretary of the Treasury,
Alex Hamilton: One If By Land, Two If By Sea at 17 Barrow Street in Greenwich Village,
a few steps East of 7th Ave. Its known particularly for its Beef Wellington.

Since Your Majesty resides in Astoria, perhaps u 'd care to attend.
Prix fixe: $78 + $8 for Beef Wellington. (It's worth it.)
Chef 's Tasting Menu: $105 For an extra $45,
Your Majesty can get White Shaved Truffles added to the appetizer or main course.

David

Rockhead

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2009 10:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
save me a doggy bag...
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Let me seeeeee...I have $6.35 in coins, $35 in notes...the airfare is approz $1800, so ....maybe if I divide the airfare by 9..that always makes it seem less, I dont know if it works or not...that means I have to find $158.65 for airfare and $86 for Beouf Waterloo Frog Basher...Nah...start without me Big Bad Dave....
Ionus

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:55 am
@Rockhead,
You, Sir, cant leave the country till we complete our investigation into the so called "accident" involving one "Farmerman" with certain relatives of yours...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:44 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Let me seeeeee...I have $6.35 in coins, $35 in notes...the airfare is approz $1800, so ....maybe if I divide the airfare by 9..that always makes it seem less, I dont know if it works or not...that means I have to find $158.65 for airfare and $86 for Beouf Waterloo Frog Basher...Nah...start without me Big Bad Dave....
Sorry about that. If u ever make it to NY,
I hope u 'll attend one of our meetings.

David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Just like the famous mafia chefs have taught us. When they shave garlic they use a straight razor. No difference with truffles.

Edgar , in Nawlins at the old Sisters Courtyard , they used to make a PoBoy with shrimp oysters, onions and a very thin slit of truffle inside the piquant sauce.MMMMM-M. De was some good eatin.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:13 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Just like the famous mafia chefs have taught us. When they shave garlic they use a straight razor. No difference with truffles.

Edgar , in Nawlins at the old Sisters Courtyard , they used to make a PoBoy with shrimp oysters, onions and a very thin slit of truffle inside the piquant sauce.MMMMM-M. De was some good eatin.

I 8 there, just b4 Katrina.

For an extra $45, u can get White Shaved Truffles
added to your dish, at One if By Land, Two if By Sea @ 17 Barrow St., in the Village.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 08:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I dont know the taste difference tween white and black truffles. Anytime weve had something with truffles, they were black. Its a really funky musty taste that Im not sure I could live with . The taste reminds me of the way Stachybotri smell.

My favorite restaurants in NY have been NOBU and Bennys of Great Neck. (I love drivin out to the Island for his cream pies ). I stay away from the delis because my system is not acclimated to e coli.

Ive had many a bad experience with some restaurants in NY and I have to be assured that Zaggat has given an all clear for food safety. When I lived in Nawlins I just wandered around and ate where I pleased up and down the river,

I got roaring sick at a place called Mama L_ _ _ _' s 20 plus years ago and wound up with a really bad case of food poisoning. I hope that restaurant is closed and everybody who owned it is safely serving time in HELL or ATTICA.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I dont know the taste difference tween white and black truffles.
Anytime weve had something with truffles, they were black.
Its a really funky musty taste that Im not sure I could live with .
The taste reminds me of the way Stachybotri smell.
My favorite restaurants in NY have been NOBU and Bennys of Great Neck.
(I love drivin out to the Island for his cream pies ).
I stay away from the delis because my system is not acclimated to e coli.
I tried Nobu at the behest of one the members of my fine dining group.
Is this the one u mean:
Benny's Pizza & Falafel @ 45A Middle Neck Road, Great Neck ?

Quote:
Ive had many a bad experience with some restaurants in NY
and I have to be assured that Zaggat has given an all clear for food safety.
We use Zagat. My friend Marty uses it
to ferret out good restaurants.

Quote:
When I lived in Nawlins I just wandered around and ate where
I pleased up and down the river,
I love Commander 's Palace. We were in New Orleans for the Mensa Annual Gathering of 2005.
We got out about ten minutes before Katrina.
Thay treated us like Kings there; very unexpected. Its a very special place.

farmerman wrote:
I got roaring sick at a place called Mama L_ _ _ _' s 20 plus years ago and wound up
with a really bad case of food poisoning. I hope that restaurant is closed
and everybody who owned it is safely serving time in HELL or ATTICA.
I take it that u mean NY not New Orleans; it 's been closed for a long time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 11:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I got roaring sick at a place called Mama L_ _ _ _' s 20 plus years ago and wound up with a really bad case of food poisoning. I hope that restaurant is closed and everybody who owned it is safely serving time in HELL or ATTICA.

Was that Mama Leone's? I remember my parents talking about it, specifically that my mother didn't like it. Never went there myself.

In my last well remembered trip to NYC in 2003 I met two a2kers, Diane and PaolaL, at Serafinas - where, yes, I had ravioli con tartufo and a glass of white wine. Babbo, however, is the restaurant I'd like to try if I ever get back there again.