Amanda Knox

OCCOM BILL

Mon 14 Dec, 2009 07:12 pm
While I certainly can't know if she's innocent or guilty, the Italian system clearly couldn't care less. No jury sequestration while the rags paint her as the second coming of Charley Manson... and then it only requires a majority of jurors to convict? This is hardly due process by American Standards... more like a lynch mob. The Italians are apparently unfamiliar or in disagreement with even the notion of a presumption of innocence.

Further, I watched video footage of these keystone cops as they contaminated 3 week old “key evidence” as they passed it back and forth... but there’s no video of the interrogation to be had. Ask yourself; why would any interrogator forego video? Could there be stronger evidence than a taped, un-coerced confession? Would video proof of contradictory statements not be more compelling? (And I thought Miranda had become a joke in this country!) In this 21st century I can think of no reasonable justification to not record the interrogation of a murder suspect.

The statement of the first guy convicted put him on the scene alone, having sex with the deceased, with no one else around, and he supposedly found her dead when he came out of the bathroom. His DNA was found inside the victim. He was a known thug. He did NOT initially finger anyone else as having been there until he was pressured to do so… all without the benefit of counsel. The victim had been badly beaten and none of her DNA was transferred to her roommate who assisted in the killing? None in her room, car, or her boyfriend’s things? None of theirs under the victim’s fingernails, or anywhere on the crime scene? Really? The lack of actual evidence stinks and the evident lack of a need of it for conviction stinks even worse.
McTag

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 02:53 am
@OCCOM BILL,

Knox knows more about this than she is willing to say.

Maybe she's now looking forward to a new career as America's Joan of Arc.
OCCOM BILL

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 09:43 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Really? What does she know McTag? Do you really support decades long sentencing over your gut instinct that someone "knows more about this than she is willing to say"?

McTag wrote:
Maybe she's now looking forward to a new career as America's Joan of Arc.
Gee, that's funny. An American kid is getting the shaft; what a hoot!
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:15 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

No she doesn't.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:02 pm
McTag knows more about this than he is willing to say.
Francis

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:09 pm
@dyslexia,
While the others know nothing but are willing to say more..
OCCOM BILL

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 01:28 pm
@Francis,
Says the guy who's added nothing whatsoever.
Francis

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 01:36 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
You have very righteous positions when it comes to justice cases, haven't you Bill?

You always know where justice is, let's say, on the American side...
High Seas

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:29 pm
@Francis,
Bill's problem is much more severe than that - he can't distinguish fact from fiction. Doubt he can find Italy on the map, let alone a legal opinion on their jurisprudence.
contrex

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:43 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy, why do you hate Italy so much? Because you're coming over like such a prick, and troll, I'd love to know the reason.
oralloy

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:44 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:
You have very righteous positions when it comes to justice cases, haven't you Bill?

You always know where justice is, let's say, on the American side...

Nothing wrong with him standing up for what is right.

Justice is indeed on the American side. Italy is an inherently evil country.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:46 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
oralloy, why do you hate Italy so much? Because you're coming over like such a prick, and troll, I'd love to know the reason.

I would think the reason is obvious.

Italy is intentionally keeping an innocent American in prison.

I think you are failing to understand the definition of "troll". Responding in outrage at Italy's unbridled evilness is hardly trolling.
oralloy

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:47 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Bill's problem is much more severe than that - he can't distinguish fact from fiction. Doubt he can find Italy on the map, let alone a legal opinion on their jurisprudence.

Actually, he just wrote a highly factual commentary at the top of this page.

And Italy has no jurisprudence. They'd have to have a sense of ethics before they could have something like that.
High Seas

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

High Seas wrote:

Actually, he just wrote a highly factual commentary at the top of this page.

And Italy has no jurisprudence. They'd have to have a sense of ethics before they could have something like that.

Oralloy - you can't possibly know any Italian or its predecessor, Latin: jurisprudence is one their own words, so they've got to have had such a thing at some point in their history. Like in the Roman Empire.
contrex

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:18 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Oh, you were in the hotel and saw what happened, and attended the trial, I didn't realise, sorry. Also you speak and read Italian fluently so were able to evaluate the evidence. Anyhow, facciamo le corna, she might get off on appeal. Still, what about all the lovely art, and music and opera, and good God, man, the food! You'd jettison all that because of some dumpy broad from Seattle? When your country puts obviously innocent people to death every year, and locks them up in Gitmo. So, like I said, troll. And prick. Or rather, cazzo.

High Seas

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:23 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

This is interesting, and was new to me, from Wikipedia:

In the course of the battles, the ancient Abbey of Monte Cassino, where St. Benedict first established the Rule that ordered monasticism in the west, was entirely destroyed by bombing and artillery barrages in February 1944.[nb 2]

Loading of Monte Cassino property for transport to RomeDuring prior months in the Italian autumn of 1943, two German officers, Captain Maximilian Becker, a surgeon in the Hermann Göring Panzer Division and Lieutenant Colonel Julius Schlegel of the same unit, with singular prescience proposed the removal of Monte Cassino’s treasures to the Vatican and Vatican-owned Castel Sant'Angelo before the war would come closer. .....

I had no idea! I thought all the priceless contents of the monastery went up in smoke - thanks for posting this here.
ossobuco

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:26 pm
@High Seas,
I might have known that but had forgotten, so thanks as well, McT. And, hah, I might not have known that and forgotten that I didn't.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:18 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
Oralloy wrote:

Oh, you were in the hotel and saw what happened, and attended the trial, I didn't realise, sorry. Also you speak and read Italian fluently so were able to evaluate the evidence.

Nice smokescreen to divert from the fact that you are intentionally putting innocent people in prison.

contrex wrote:
Anyhow, facciamo le corna, she might get off on appeal.

As if that makes it OK to keep her in prison for no reason?

contrex wrote:
Still, what about all the lovely art, and music and opera, and good God, man, the food!

It hardly justifies ignoring your horrid atrocities.

contrex wrote:
You'd jettison all that because of some dumpy broad from Seattle?

I've never seen such evil people as these Italians before.

If ever meet Richard Ashby or Joseph Schweitzer I'm going to take them out and buy them a drink.

Any man throws a can of Italians down the side of a mountain, that's gotta be worth a handshake and a beer.
ossobuco

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:21 pm
@oralloy,
What a lulu.
oralloy

Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:24 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
What a lulu.

Sorry lost my temper a bit (with justification though I believe).

It is entirely unacceptable for Italy to intentionally put innocent people in prison however.