not that they do it now

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:22 pm
Quote:
Miami-Dade school bus drivers may soon be banned from sending text messages while driving.

School Board member Larry Feldman has proposed a new rule that would prohibit bus drivers from using iPhones, Blackberrys and cellphones while on the road -- except in cases of an emergency.

They are thinking about making a rule, I feel safer already, don't you Dade school parents feel safer too?

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:35 pm
@dyslexia,
Jesus H. Christ on a biscuit tin!!!

Does that mean the drivers are now allowed to text while driving a school bus??? Unfriggin'believable.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:38 pm
Rubber baby buggy bumpers!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:39 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Does that mean the drivers are now allowed to text while driving a school bus???

Dude! Have a heart! Isn't that a necessary human right? To be able to drive recklessly and text at the same time? Isn't that some kind of Union benefit? Wink
djjd62

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:39 pm
@dyslexia,
Ontario recently enacted a distracted driver law that targets all electronic devices, now i support the cell phone and texting thing but what i find amusing about the new law is it covers in car cd or dvd players, so theoretically a police officer could see me switching cd's (say i'm grabbing one from one of the visor things) and ticket me, but i can unwrap my burger and fries and biggie size drink and munch away with no problem
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:
Does that mean the drivers are now allowed to text while driving a school bus???

Dude! Have a heart! Isn't that a necessary human right? To be able to drive recklessly and text at the same time? Isn't that some kind of Union benefit? Wink

Yeah, yeah. Prob'ly covered by one of the Amendments to the Constitution.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:45 pm
@djjd62,
A lady got killed on the freeway doing that yesterday - the food thing.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:47 pm
@Merry Andrew,
It mean that there is not a rule on the matter one way or another and the gentleman who wrote this rule stated that they are not now aware of ANY repeat ANY bus driver who had text when driving a bus in the county to date.

In other word making a rule to solve a problem that does not exist.

GO GOVERNMENT.
djjd62

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:52 pm
@BillRM,
you're right bill, it would be so much better to wait until a bus driver drove a bus full of children into the path of a tractor trailer while texting before enacting a law
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:55 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

It mean that there is not a rule on the matter one way or another and the gentleman who wrote this rule stated that they are not now aware of ANY repeat ANY bus driver who had text when driving a bus in the county to date.

In other word making a rule to solve a problem that does not exist.

GO GOVERNMENT.

Quote:
Feldman said he has never seen any school bus drivers texting while driving.

Obviously, the board should only make rules about what Mr Feldman had seen.
djjd62

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
now that you mention it, i've never seen anybody murder anybody, so why is murder against the law
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:17 pm
@djjd62,
would be so much better to wait until a bus driver drove a bus full of children into the path of a tractor trailer while texting before enacting a law
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes sir we sure should try to figure out every possible behaviors that
might cause harm and write laws/rules to deal with any such possible behavior.

No need to wait until one person does this behavior before that time.

Thank god we now have hard drives with almost unlimited room to place all these rules on.

We should in fact hire at least a hundred people who can constantly brain storm
possible new rules and laws.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yeah, isn't that called "freedom of speech?"
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:41 pm
@BillRM,
I'm really thinking, Bill, that you would be the best choice as VP when Palin is running for presidency - you're even more intellectual than she is!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:45 pm
@djjd62,
Oh yes I am wrong as a fast google search had shown hundreds of school buses being in accidents because the drivers were textings all over the nation and the world.

NOT NOT NOT.............

Yes this is a large problem that should be address now.

FOOLS
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:49 pm
Did Metrolink have a rule about texting before the crash they had last year?

Bet they wish they did before that happened... But, as BillRM says, who would do such a thing?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 01:53 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Did Metrolink have a rule about texting before the crash they had last year?

Bet they wish they did before that happened... But, as BillRM says, who would do such a thing?

That to me is the point. It's already happening and needs to be stopped now.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:05 pm
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:05 pm
@McGentrix,
Yes sir we had one engineer on a train textings that might or might not been the cause of an accident.

Still no school buses with tens of thousands of trips a day with textings being a known factor in any accident.

But I can see the great need for such a ban as who know what might happen in the future and we need government out there trying to think of every possible low odd event to protect us from.

Lord I bet we as yet have no rule on drivers brushing their teeth or shaving behind the wheel so let address that issue next.

Ceili

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 02:08 pm
0 Replies