Number Neighbor, More Absurdity

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 03:28 pm
Well folks, it's finally happened.

"What has?"

The latest fad or trend involving those people-tracking things known as cell phones.

Yes, people are now sending texts to those who have a cell number one up or one down. It's your number neighbor!
www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/us/twitter-number-neighbor-trnd/index.html

Why would I want to do this?

Is this related to the item I read a few days ago that said most millennials say they have no friends....at all? Is this really a good thing?
Think about the danger! Especially if you decide to meet up.

Didn't the plethora of Lifetime Movies about web-danger teach people anything?

Doesn't cause any problems for myself as I told my provider to shut off the texting. They reminded me it was free. I said shut it off! Yeah, I do not text. Talk to me or send an e-mail.

Any of you planning to take part in this latest wild fad?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 884 • Replies: 10

glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 04:31 pm
@Sturgis,
Oh my God, NO!!!!!
roger

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 04:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Agree. Don't we all get enough unwanted calls?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 09:07 pm

#TheseKidzToday
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 05:04 am
Not today, Satan
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 07:08 am
@Sturgis,
This sounds like it could be the plot to the next terrible B-movie psycho thriller. Teenager or college student texts random number (number neighbor) and the person on the other end ... has been kidnapped and being held somewhere! Or the person is trapped at a cottage in the middle of nowhere ... but had enough phone battery to get this one text and to reply they need help... but not enough power to tell them where they are presently.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 07:10 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Agree. Don't we all get enough unwanted calls?

Since I got my Pixel 3xl replaced (due to a faulty USB C port) with another of the same (Mayish)? I have literally NOT received any robocalls or any unwanted calls. This is anecdotal... so? You read too much into it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 07:12 am
@tsarstepan,
*starts outlining next novel*
Sturgis

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 02:25 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
*starts outlining next novel*

Possibly titiled, I Still Know Who You Texted Last Winter
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 04:01 pm
@Sturgis,
Better than the tide pod challenge.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 04:41 pm
I remember, back in grade school before the advent of cellular telephones, getting calls like that as well, bored kids playing on the phone. We'd strike up a conversation, sometimes calling back for more. My brother and some friends decided to try that as well, dialing random numbers and talking with the people that would answer. Most of the time people were friendly.
0 Replies