7

Why so Complicated?

DrSak

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:33 am
So I went to a bar a few days ago and saw a gorgeous female bartender. I caught her multiple times staring at me for a few seconds and smiling or trying to gain my attention. I tried to start a small talk but it was a busy Saturday so it was impossible to keep a normal conversation. I had to leave so I told her that I'd love to meet her again under normal conditions and gave her my number written on a napkin (didn't ask for hers in case she had any problems while working). It has been 4 days but no text yet.

DrSak

0  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:49 am
@DrSak,
Shall I try and find her through social media? Go at the bar again and make it more awkward? Or wait?

bobsal u1553115

2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:49 am
Go back to the bar. It will not make it awkward. Order a drink and find out if she remembers you. Don't overthink this. You've only met her once.
DrSak

0  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:51 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I have three realistic options. Wait, find her through social media, or go to the bar again. If I go, wouldn't it be awkward since she chose not to use the number?
bobsal u1553115

2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:55 am
@DrSak,
Only if you make it one. Don't even bring it up. Just order a drink and small talk. Even if you are "the one", remember you one of many potential "ones". Set yourself apart from the horndogs by being cool, calm, collected, and not obviously on a mission.

engineer

3  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:57 am
@DrSak,
I think you forget about her. It's her job to be friendly to people and she probably has guys mistake that for interest all the time. If she was interested she'd have called.
bobsal u1553115

2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 09:02 am
@engineer,
I think he should go back, service industry types have a hard time meeting non-service types and just might like meeting someone a bit more than the one-nite barstool Romeos she gets digits from normally.
Region Philbis

2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 09:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,

agreed... keep chipping away...

Frank Apisa

2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 10:52 am
@DrSak,
DrSak wrote:

I taught bartending at the largest bartending school in the world. One thing we always mention is to be friendly. Smiling at customers is the right thing to do for your employer...and it is the right thing to do for yourself. It gets you bigger tips.

There is a chance she was coming on to you, but it is a miniscule chance compared with the chance that she was just doing her job as a bartender.

Most women I know seem to think that a guy giving them his number is a turn off. Seems a bit arrogant.
DrSak

1  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 01:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks for the reply. I have worked as a bartender for many years as well in clubs, islands etc. Sure number one rule is to always smile and make a good tip but that was not it. Maybe giving her my number wasn't the best thing to do but I wouldn't ask for hers in front of managers or colleagues. But you can tell when someone is paying attention to you at a busy bar.
Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 01:20 pm
@DrSak,
DrSak wrote:

Okay. Good luck.

Medusax

1  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 06:18 pm
@DrSak,
She is a bar tender who is working mostly for tips and it is her job to be friendly and smile to procure said tips.

cherrie

1  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 06:23 pm
@DrSak,
DrSak wrote:

find her through social media,

Don't do this. That's just creepy.
Mame

2  
Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 06:34 pm
@cherrie,
I agree! Stalkerish. I would hate that!
cherrie

1  
Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 02:55 am
@Mame,
I would too.