not that they do it now

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:30 pm
@Ceili,
Once more you are claiming that as a class school buses do not have radios and yet if you look at one of the major school bus manufacturer website they are showing very nice build in radios with CD players.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 07:07 pm
@Ceili,
. I suspect that most of those buses are privately owned and are not operated by the larger systems
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Who care as we had been talking about a rule by the Miami-Dade school system that do indeed own and operated their own buses.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 07:09 pm
@Ceili,
Regardless, this does nothing to prove that a texting law is stupid. You or the internet have yet to prove that.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Normally when you wish to imposed a new law on the citizens it is the moral and commonsense duty of the lawmakers to show a need not the citizens to show it is not needed.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 07:33 pm
Having a radio in a vehicle does not stop a company from removing it. 10,000 buses in 24 States does not make 100% in 50 States. I've already given you a link that states there are 27 different private bus companies who transport kids for the Miami Dade school district.
Regardless of how many times you say something doesn't prove a thing. Do you honestly think the Miami Dade or for that matter any bus company in the USA gives out all the info on their accidents? How do you know they are telling the truth about no text related incidents or accidents. I can tell you, from experience, no business in the transport industry would advertise that they have drivers who have abused their positions. With the number of hand held devices in the hand of the general public, all the studies done that PROVE they are a dangerous distraction and all the accidents/deaths already recorded, do you really find it that hard to believe they would be pro-active rather than reactive???
You declined to watch actual bus camera footage of an accident involving a driver texting. Stating youtube wasn't a good reference, then you ignored a real newspaper because they were owned in Jersey. I'm not sure your sources are any more relevant.

Have the last word. I can't keep beating my head against the wall to PROVE that this is a good idea.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili, you are to be commended for your calm responses to Bill. You will never convince Bill of anything because he will refute anything you or anybody else posts.

You have made several very good points and if this was a debate, I would give the "win" to you. Unfortunately, Bill does not seem to have the capacity to appreciate common sense and facts. He ignores that which he doesn't want to deal with and picks the things that he thinks he can use.

Pity, really.

I wonder what Bill would have to say about the two-way radios that school bus drivers use when they have to communicate with dispatch.

He should be thankful for all of the safety regulations they have in place to keep the children as safe as possible.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:33 pm
@Ceili,
So you are assuming that people/companies are lying concerning accidents causes and that assumption by you with no back up in any manner mean that we need anti-textings laws/rules.

That is insane on it very face and if you cannot see that not being a mental help expert I cannot aid you.

As for your links on private bus companies Miami-Dade still run it own school bus system with the bus drivers being direct employees and see my links to that effect!

If the system also will used private companies for some part of it transportation needs that in no way change the rule aims at their own employees and their own bus system.

As I already stated you keep claiming to be a transportation expert and every time I check your claims those claims had no connection to the real world.

School bus manufacturers would not place radios into their buses as standard equipment if a large percent of their customers did not desire them and was planning on ripping them out for example.

This is logic 101 even if logic and you are not on talking terms.

All and all I had come to the conclusion you are not all there.

It been nice talking to you however<NOt>..

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:44 pm
@Ceili,
So you are assuming that people/companies are lying concerning accidents causes and that assumption by you with no back up in any manner mean that we need anti-textings laws/rules.

That is insane on it very face and if you cannot see that sadly not being a mental help expert I cannot aid you.

Second note Miami-Dade school system is cover by the Florida public records laws and government in the sunshine laws and therefore it would be damn hard for them to lie in such matters as you do not need a court order to be able to demand access to their records/files. From a reporter to myself any citizen had a right to demand seeing all but a very small sub-set of their records and also had them provide copies for a small copying fee.

As for your links on private bus companies Miami-Dade still run it own school bus system with the bus drivers being direct employees and see my links to that effect!

If the system also will used private companies for some part of it transportation needs that in no way change the rule aims at their own employees and their own bus system.

As I already stated you keep claiming to be a transportation expert and every time I check your claims those claims had no connection to the real world.

School bus manufacturers for example would not place radios into their buses as standard equipment if a large percent of their customers did not desire them and was planning on ripping them out.

This is logic 101 even if logic and you are not on talking terms.

All and all I had come to the conclusion you are not all there.

It been nice talking to you however<NOT>.

0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 09:57 pm
I guess Bill wants to be sure to get his message of intelligent assumptions across. Regardless of how many times he has to post the same message.
Ceili

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 10:26 pm
@Intrepid,
Thanks Intrepid.

Bill, since you wrote - It been nice talking to you however<NOt>..
It won't happen again. I won't waste my time. I won't put you on ignore, I don't do that. But please do not attempt to engage me again. I will not sort through your illegible posts ever again.
0 Replies