To stay or not to stay ---That is the question.

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 07:59 am
@Ticomaya,
Anyone who makes a living peddling their services by the word and creates a separate language needs to be watched very carefully.

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:12 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
For the record, here are the clear miscreants I have identified:

Setanta
JTT
Cyclo
Cicerone Imposter
DrewDad
Dyslexia
A damn fine list it is, I totally agree and have all of those miscreants on ignore as well. Heretics one and all.

Personally, I feel deeply insulted that I was omitted from that list of fine and upstanding A2k stalwarts.

I, too, am shocked and saddened that I haven't made it onto Finn's enemies list. I guess I'll have to work on that.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:25 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Anyone who makes a living peddling their services by the word and creates a separate language needs to be watched very carefully.

Congress?
djjd62

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:30 am
@farmerman,
my advice, be wary of anything that identifies itself as a lawyer

djjd62

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:31 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
farmerman wrote:
Congress?

absolutely congress

also clergy
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 08:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Here is what I would suggest however:

If you feel that any of these miscreants or others not named (including myself if I should make your list) are polluting this forum with nasty ass poison, then call them out.

We can add right-wing miscreants to the list, but most of them have moved away. Never-the-less, by all means, include them.

We need to call out these schmucks whenever they surface, irrespective of whether their general political persuasion is in accordance with our own.

I prefer your previous rule, which is that the left polices the right and the right polices the left. If I agree with someone who uses language that my opponents find offensive, I'm not sure why it's my responsibility to be the scold if it's your undies that are being bunched.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 11:41 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

my advice, be wary of anything that identifies itself as a lawyer

Always good advice.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 11:47 am
I'm pretty sure this thread has wandered off the track of Finn's intention, the spotlight is no longer on Finn. Please folks lets have our attention back where it belongs and direct the spotlight on Finn.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
All he did was express his hope that you do leave. He didn't ask you to leave in that example.

So you keep saying, however you have made no argument to prove your case, nor offered any evidence. You have nothing....
You are apparently as stupid as you are dishonest. You asserted Robert asked you to leave several times. Providing evidence for this claim is your burden alone. Hoping you leave is something most everyone here does, since you are an inflammatory troll who is almost universally despised for being a misogynistic piece of garbage, but, Hoping Not Equal Asking, and only a moron would posit otherwise.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 01:59 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I'm pretty sure this thread has wandered off the track of Finn's intention,
the spotlight is no longer on Finn. Please folks lets have our attention
back where it belongs and direct the spotlight on Finn.
OK; back to Finn.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:00 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I'm pretty sure this thread has wandered off the track of Finn's intention, the spotlight is no longer on Finn. Please folks lets have our attention back where it belongs and direct the spotlight on Finn.

Surely you know Finn is above all this, and posted his feelings only for our enlightenment. Surely.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Okay, then, back to Finn. Well, this is actually to Finn and anyone else who decides to make an announcement letting us all know who they will be ignoring from this point forward.

You're doing it wrong! You don't tell everyone who you are ignoring, you just do it. You're not the King of A2K, banishing some wretched reprobate to the wastelands of cyberspace. You're simply a frustrated forum member who can't take it anymore.

I can see only two reasons for announcing who you are ignoring.

The first is is to try to get everyone to jump in and help root out the offending people, which, let's face it, just ain't gonna happen.

The second is to get in a last parting shot at the person who is driving you crazy. If you're supposed to be so civil and high-minded, then what kind of childish crap is that? Kind of hypocritical if you ask me. It's like hitting someone to show them how wrong they are for hitting people.

I have never in my adult life ever had anyone come up to me and say, "That's it, I am ignoring you!" And if anyone ever does, I think it is highly probable that I will involuntarily do a spit take in their face with whatever beverage I happen to be drinking at the time. Ignoring someone involves actually ignoring them, you self-righteous dopes.

For the record, I will never put anyone on ignore. I value the contributions of everyone here, even the poopityheads.
msolga

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:01 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:

No, no. This thread has become the place for anyone wanting a ready-made platform to indulge themselves with multiple posts about themselves to a ready-made audience. Sort of a never ending "me" thread. <Waiting to see who steps into the spotlight next.> Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:16 pm
Here I'm is. I ain't leaving no matter how many puts me on ignore.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:18 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
You are apparently as stupid as you are dishonest. You asserted Robert asked you to leave several times. Providing evidence for this claim is your burden alone. Hoping you leave is something most everyone here does, since you are an inflammatory troll who is almost universally despised for being a misogynistic piece of garbage, but, Hoping Asking, and only a moron would posit otherwise.

Had I not been called a liar then I would have agreed with you that I should document my claims if they are disputed. However, once I have been charged with an offense the burden moves to the one who made that charge. The one who made the charge claimed to know the facts, and since they are calling out someone they are the ones who take over the presentation of the facts.

As usual you are confused. Thing is I read someplace that your job is in the legal system, seems like you would have some understanding of the principles of justice, even if you understood nothing else about the world around you.
Ceili

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Only a fool would stand idly by without defending himself while others condemn him. All the power to ya...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Crikey, hawkeye. Just post a link from any thread where Robert clearly asked you to leave A2K & we'll believe it!
But please, not even more multiple posts! Spare us.

0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Laughing I see. So you don't have to provide evidence to support your false assertion, rather Kicky has to provide evidence to prove the post doesn't exist? Just how would he go about doing that? Cut and paste Robert's every posting on A2K... and then say, "see, it's not there"? Drunk

Clearly you are dense as you are demented and dishonest.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
I hope you realize, hawkeye, that if Robert wanted you off A2k, he wouldn't need to ask you to leave. You do realize that, right? He runs this site. All he has to do is disable your account. Others have been barred from here or suspended for periods of time. But maybe you're hoping that that's what'll happen so you can continue playing the martyr. You're getting almost credible in that self-appointed role.
blatham

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 06:11 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s_40rM_L0s